Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

CodyRoseman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
looks good, pre-populated boards for sale? also will they have the option for the ffc?
The hwfly cpu flex? I could add it, but the final board is going to be substantially smaller, so might not have the space. Also I figured with the mosfet mounted on this board two with two small wires to the capacitors positive terminal would be easy enough, I personally don't like using the flexs
Post automatically merged:

looks good, pre-populated boards for sale? also will they have the option for the ffc?
And yeah the boards will be ready to install, preflashed with the latest stable firmware

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The hwfly cpu flex? I could add it, but the final board is going to be substantially smaller, so might not have the space. Also I figured with the mosfet mounted on this board two with two small wires to the capacitors positive terminal would be easy enough, I personally don't like using the flexs

And yeah the boards will be ready to install, preflashed with the latest stable firmware
I am eagerly waiting for your result.

By taking out the mosfet, logically you need a big cable on the D. Thats the part i interestingly want to know.

Reactions: floxcap

HackMan37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Yup, without Dat0 wires connected to pico it should boot straight to ofw, so the problem lies somewhere else or move to somewhere else (emmc corrupt?).
Just try to desolder everything from pico and hope it will boot normally.

Yup, that will result in black screen.
If Cmd ripped out it will result purple screen.

For fix : use the thinnest wire you can found (0.01 is prefered), non enameled, Pre tin it, and make a tin blob on the solder tip, use as much flux you like, then start soldering.. only one second solder touch is needed.. you can know its conected if you cannot pull the wire.
First target is to solder the wire on to broken pads.. after that done, solder the other end of wire to good pad.
If the switch can boot, you can continue the mod using alternate dat0 point.
I will recommend on curing the pad after fix it with uv mask, so, no way that will be damage again i think (if i'm incorrect, you can say it without fear ;))

Browbon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi everyone, I would like to buy a new tip for modding in future. After struggling with my too big solder tip, I found this one

o1cn01o9cfw21prqf6zkb65-400261838.png

fhVsYu.jpg

Is it suitable for this kind of modding? Or have any better replacement? Im in Asia so shopee or aliexpress is a prefer. Thank you.

Reactions: lynyx and abal1000x

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hi everyone, I would like to buy a new tip for modding in future. After struggling with my too big solder tip, I found this one

View attachment 377783
View attachment 377784
Is it suitable for this kind of modding? Or have any better replacement? Im in Asia so shopee or aliexpress is a prefer. Thank you.
I also interested on this. Waiting also from any experienced people to give opinion.

I noted that @jkyoho says BC shaped is suitable. I might planned to buy that.

While searching in aliexpress i found this.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...!sea!ID!3430123615&curPageLogUid=sVw4oCWaTEBe
BST-900M-T-JP-3-in-1-0-1mm-Pointed-Elbow-Small-blade-Soldering-Iron-Tips.jpg_Q90.jpg_.jpeg

Does anybody has tried that tip?

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 377783
View attachment 377784

Why don't the two of you order some and let us know how they work?

• Love
Reactions: Dee87

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have been using t12 iron for so long that far away behind modern fancy JBC stuff.
something like this

I have C1 shape for mostly jumper wire or pad repair and often time just bc1.5/bc2 for all other SMD work. When removing or pretinning pads, use bigger one like C4 or blade type tip.

1686715017750.png

Last edited by jkyoho,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I think the option for the flex would still be a good idea

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
solder paste superb easy than sorder ball
You would find solder ball makes life easier when your bga chip size go larger.
I have both for emmc reball. Not much difference in this case but only takes me extra effort putting back remaining balls when I am cheap and don't wanna waste any single one of them. :rofl:

1686717964406.png

Browbon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I have been using t12 iron for so long that far away behind modern fancy JBC stuff.
something like this

I have C1 shape for mostly jumper wire or pad repair and often time just bc1.5/bc2 for all other SMD work. When removing or pretinning pads, use bigger one like C4 or blade type tip.

View attachment 377790
the C1 tip makes sense such as solder between 2 components, thats also why i want some smaller tip

Reactions: jkyoho

Mr Skinner

Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Editted:
It seems theres little bit copper in there you might be could soldered it to join the connection. Maybe with a little bit wire in there. After that use the alt point D0 for lite (in right area)
Yup, that will result in black screen.
If Cmd ripped out it will result purple screen.

For fix : use the thinnest wire you can found (0.01 is prefered), non enameled, Pre tin it, and make a tin blob on the solder tip, use as much flux you like, then start soldering.. only one second solder touch is needed.. you can know its conected if you cannot pull the wire.
First target is to solder the wire on to broken pads.. after that done, solder the other end of wire to good pad.
If the switch can boot, you can continue the mod using alternate dat0 point.
Well, I made some progress, I believe I achieved a positive result. What about?

WIN_20230614_00_54_22_Pro.jpg WIN_20230614_01_49_07_Pro.jpgWIN_20230614_01_46_58_Pro.jpg

The multimeter measurements for the post-repaired Dat0 point (diode mode) is 0.655, is that good? I really don't know what the default readings for switch lite are.

I had a spark of hope that soon dissipated, the switch lite didn't turn on. Any tips on how to proceed?

Last edited by Mr Skinner,

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Solder balls!!!

It makes reballing so incredibly easy. I don't know why people torture themselves with solder paste.

0.3mm solder balls for the emmc.

Why torture? U set the stecil add the paste and heat up till balls appears this takes not even 5 min

Well, I made some progress, I believe I achieved a positive result. What about?

View attachment 377799 View attachment 377800View attachment 377801

The multimeter measurements for the post-repaired Dat0 point (diode mode) is 0.655, is that good? I really don't know what the default readings for switch lite are.

I had a spark of hope that soon dissipated, the switch lite didn't turn on. Any tips on how to proceed?
I would cut the wire a bit more so u only have the uncoated area on the pads and not almost touching the pad next to it

giovany86

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello there.
I've installed one RP2040-Zero on a Lite and it have a weird glitching time.
If i let it off for a few hours, the next glitch will take up to 10 seconds, whereas if i turn it on after a few minutes, it will glitch in under 5 seconds.

Is this a normal behavior ?

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello there.
I've installed one RP2040-Zero on a Lite and it have a weird glitching time.
If i let it off for a few hours, the next glitch will take up to 10 seconds, whereas if i turn it on after a few minutes, it will glitch in under 5 seconds.

Is this a normal behavior ?
Yes this is normal. The time can be different per device unit.

Uberfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So I did some research. These resistors on an OLED CMD should show 4.7k and 47 ohms right? Mine showed no value when tested and in diode they show 350 one way, 750 the other. This means they've blown? (I have a black screen when booting).

If so what size are the resistors so I can order new ones and can a faulty CPU flex cable install cause them to blow? I still need to work out what happened.

Attachments

• CMD resistors.png
    CMD resistors.png
    629.3 KB · Views: 20

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4