Yugioh World Duel Carnival 3DS game Jap

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Screw_the_Rules, May 17, 2016.

1. Screw_the_Rules
    OP

Screw_the_Rules Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2014
    United States
    I was working on this project with an old friend of mine, but he's busy right now in life so I'm trying to see how much info I can gather while he's out of the picture.
    We're trying to hack, extract, and modify "Yugioh World Duel Carnival" for the 3DS Jap version.
    However, the script files are in a format that is not familiar with either of us and I'm trying to see if anyone has ever encounter such files in a 3DS game, or if anyone just knows how to extract the text from the file.

I don't know how popular this game is, but since I've finished translating TFSP, I figured I'd try and work on the Jap version of this game since it actually has voice actors in it.

If there is any more info anyone needs about the project or the files, don't hesitate to ask.
    I've included the file I'm trying to rip the text from (the zip file below). I think it's compressed, and thus not really decipherable, but I definitely need further instruction before I can continue.

header.png

Attached Files:

Last edited by Screw_the_Rules, May 21, 2016
  2. Xeogran

Xeogran Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2015
    Poland
    I'd love if there was a way to edit the pictures and voices. We could input custom characters this way into it, and that'd be fun!

3. Screw_the_Rules
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2014
    United States
    It's way easier to do that on yugioh games like any of the TF or Wii games.
    The 3ds is a little tricky, which is why I'm having issues, but I'm sure there's a way to modify it if it's like a simple .arc file or something.

4. Xeogran

Xeogran Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2015
    Poland
    These games use 3D Models though so it would be well, awkward to only edit the 2d pictures. Zexal for 3DS would be the easiest and give the best satisfaction.

5. Screw_the_Rules
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2014
    United States
    I'm not really worried about models, just the text files, like the one shown above.

6. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Didn't this get an English release though? What are you trying to modify from the Japanese game?

7. Screw_the_Rules
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2014
    United States
    As I mentioned in my original thread post, the japanese version has voice actors, the english version does not, plus a lot of other things were removed from the western release.
    Too many things to list out, but regardless, I've hacked and translated yugioh games in the past, it's just that the 3ds is a new realm to me and thus I can't get very far into it.