1. rrocha

OP rrocha Developer
    Developer

Portugal
    [​IMG]
    Linkalho
    Linkalho is an homebrew app that will link NNID accounts offline. It links (or unlinks) existing accounts so you won't lose your saves. This app does not create a new account. If you create a new account and want to link it, just re-run the app. This app works for all firmwares up to 11.0.1.

Why do I need this app?
    If you never had issues with games/apps failing to launch until you link your Switch user account and you never experienced issues with certain titles stuck in Updating game data or certain official emulators presenting you with nothing else but a black screen instead of the game selection, then you don't need to use this homebrew.

Do you like this app and find it useful? You can buy me a coffee clicking the link below. Thanks!

Frequently Asked Questions:
    • Why can't I choose which account to link/unlink?
      • This feature is not planned due to the extra complexity of the eventual cleanup process for previously linked accounts. If someone wants to contribute with a PR for it, I'll gladly review it and merge it into the app.
    • Why can't I navigate the app via touchscreen or using the thumbs ticks?
      • This is a very simple and straightforward app that most users will only use once or twice. Unless Borealis developers implement this natively, there are no plans for me to extend their feature set.
    • Can I go online with a fake/generated linked account?
      • No! You have a hacked switch. Online is always a risk.
    • Can this app do "place whatever question here"?
      • You can start by reading the previous section. This app will allow you to link/unlink a fake/generated NNID to your user accounts without the need for an internet connection, and that's it. If you still fail to understand what this is and its purpose, it's highly likely that you simply don't need this app. Worry not: if you ever need it, you'll know it.
    Installation:
    • Place the .nro file in the /switch/linkalho folder of your SDcard.
    • Go to the homebrew app and run Linkalho

Reboot to payload
    After completing the selected operation, Linkalho will reboot to an existing payload if:
    • the console hardware is Erista and the user places a payload file in the application's root (/switch/linkalho/reboot.bin)
    Reboot to payload is not supported on Mariko hardware!

Usage:
    Link all accounts
    • Will link all accounts on the console. If any of the existing accounts is already linked, it will be re-linked. This operation creates a backup in /switch/linkalho/backups
    Unlink all accounts
    • Will remove all NNID linking from any accounts on the console regardless of the NNIDs being officially linked or not. This operation creates a backup in /switch/linkalho/backups
    Restore backup
    • Restores any previous state from a backup file. The file must be places in /switch/linkalho/restore/restore.zip. This operation creates a backup in /switch/linkalho/backups
    Backup accounts
    • Will create a backup in /switch/linkalho/backups. All linking and unlinking operations will produce a backup before making changes. You should only use this option if you want to manually create a backup!

Screenshots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Github:
    https://github.com/rdmrocha/linkalho/

Last edited by rrocha, Mar 21, 2021
  2. duckbill007

duckbill007 GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    Does it link existing accounts or create a new one instead of all existing?

3. Homlet

Homlet GBAtemp Fan

France
    Sounds great, it doesn't do it naively like kefir updater did right? Game saves won't be lost?

4. straumli

straumli Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Awesome! I hated that the kefir tool only worked with a single account, thank you for this!!

lordelan likes this.
  5. rrocha

OP rrocha Developer
    Developer

Portugal
    Text description updated. It will link any existing accounts.

Text description updated. You won't lose your game saves.

Last edited by rrocha, Dec 4, 2020
    heavyd2244 and Homlet like this.
  6. Homlet

Homlet GBAtemp Fan

France
    It's really good, well done!

7. duckbill007

duckbill007 GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    @rrocha, did you tried rerun that system processes after linking? Maybe in that case reboot won't be necessary?

8. _Mizuto_

_Mizuto_ Member
    Newcomer

Madagascar
    I've created an account on nintendo's website, how do I do to link this account to my switch with this tool ?

9. rrocha

OP rrocha Developer
    Developer

Portugal
    I tried to re-launch the services but I failed to do so. If another dev can point me in the right direction, I'll try to implement. But every attempt to relaunch 0x010000000000001E and 0x010000000000003E services rendered the consola unstable (crash afterwards) or simply ineffective.

If an experienced dev would like to jump in, please send me a PM or open a PR and I'll gladly merge it.

This tool is for 100% offline use. You create an account on your modded console, run the homebrew and it will generate the linked profile for all accounts on the console. Should

Last edited by rrocha, Sep 15, 2020
  10. _Mizuto_

_Mizuto_ Member
    Newcomer

Madagascar
    How do I create an account on a modded console, do I need to connect the console to internet ?

Last edited by _Mizuto_, Sep 15, 2020
  11. rrocha

OP rrocha Developer
    Developer

Portugal
    Last edited by rrocha, Sep 15, 2020
  12. nekkk

nekkk Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Is it possible to "bypass" the NES and SNES black screens using this app?

13. rrocha

OP rrocha Developer
    Developer

Portugal
    Yes. tested with latest updates for both games

Lacius and peteruk like this.
  14. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

What about on a banned console ? :unsure:

15. Homlet

Homlet GBAtemp Fan

France
    Should work fine, it works for me with 90DNS and prodinfo blanking on.

Cubuss and peteruk like this.
  16. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

This just f'ing works!! Thanks for your efforts!!!

17. JonJaded

JonJaded GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This is perfect, I had my linked NNID from prior to modding my console. I'll finally unlink it and then relink with a generic acc from this to remain anonymous.

Reynardine and popy like this.
  18. duckbill007

duckbill007 GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    @rrocha, What call did you tried? I thought simple pmshellLaunchProgram should be enough. Main problem is how to determine correct launch_flags.

19. rrocha

OP rrocha Developer
    Developer

Portugal
    Did not work for me. Messed around with a couple of flags and tried to extract the info from the program_id while the process was still running and it was a waste of time. Documentation is very convoluted for that part of the libraries and I didn't go too deep into the source code to try to figure it out. Since a reboot will do the trick and given that at least Atmos and SXOS already reboot straight into their own payloads automatically for a while, I figured that a reboot was enough to get the job done.

Again, if any dev can clear this out and throw me a bone so I can understand how to fiddle with pmshell without a Switch devkit, I'm a fast learner and would love to have some insights.

Last edited by rrocha, Sep 18, 2020
  20. Tokiwa

Tokiwa GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Great tool, seems to be a really good alternative to kefir.

Thank you for your work

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Linkalho, nintendo, account