Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you guys remove solder mask before installing picofly on switch??? i havent seen anyone doing in tutorials available correct me if im wrong
if u need to use a pad like clk on the oled sure ur gonna have to remove the solder mask otherwise u wont get any connection

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I’m working on my first v1 patched board and looking to add the SDA SCL lines. V1 and V2 are not the same as shown in the guide. Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• 61596796-361D-4833-AA43-BD6B306D7B07.jpeg
    61596796-361D-4833-AA43-BD6B306D7B07.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I’m working on my first v1 patched board and looking to add the SDA SCL lines. V1 and V2 are not the same as shown in the guide. Any help would be appreciated
if i remember correct sda and scl are only needed to be connected when u have issue glitches Example: doesnt load no sd screen boot straight to nintendo then u push reset on pico and it then glitches .

otherwise u dont need it

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i remember correct sda and scl are only needed to be connected when u have issue glitches Example: doesnt load no sd screen boot straight to nintendo then u push reset on pico and it then glitches .

otherwise u dont need it
I’ve needed it on every single switch that I’ve done. So that’s why I’m asking.

Uberfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
CMD solder joint is good. Has continuity to the RP2040, however when I test ohms across the resistor there's no value. Same for the adjacent resistor. They don't have a short either. I tested in diode mode and got a reading about 350 across the resistor

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how many mosfets are u using ?

cause i havent had one where i need it

what the code ur getting from the pico ?
I’m doing the single MOSFET. But I even got it when I did the double MOSFET. I’m wondering if it Hass to do with the fact that I’m using 0.1 enameled wire I’m still waiting for my 36 AWG to come in

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I’m doing the single MOSFET. But I even got it when I did the double MOSFET. I’m wondering if it Hass to do with the fact that I’m using 0.1 enameled wire I’m still waiting for my 36 AWG to come in
bro u need to use atleast 0.2mm for mosfet to caps arent u reading the thread ? if would install it properly u wouldnt have any issue.

u might have a problem one day and the 0.1mm wires will break

dont wonder if the 0.1mm wires burn threw one day i think there are shortly 10a going threw it while glitching im not 100% sure but i think that how much it was

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bro u need to use atleast 0.2mm for mosfet to caps arent u reading the thread ? if would install it properly u wouldnt have any issue.

u might have a problem one day and the 0.1mm wires will break

dont wonder if the 0.1mm wires burn threw one day i think there are shortly 10a going threw it while glitching im not 100% sure but i think that how much it was
I’ve been keeping up as much as possible, but no, I haven’t read through 500 pages. I will order the .2 mm.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I’ve been keeping up as much as possible, but no, I haven’t read through 500 pages. I will order the .2 mm.
Bro i pretty sure its even in the guide and its been mentioned since atleast page80(thats where i started posting ) atleast 1000000000 times Xd
Post automatically merged:

is u have some sort of old motor (drone Motor) or a old hard drive theres some 0.2mm in there

Reactions: DinhoS

Mr Skinner

Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Unfortunately don't know, maybe @abal1000x can provide some insight

Yes 47+47 = 94ohm.
Giving feedback here. I removed all the wires and the rp2040 unfortunately switch lite have a solid black screen. I'm really amazed, I tested it before removing picofly and I didn't have any shorts on dat0, cmd and clk channels. The rest of points normal.

What are my best chances now? I have a full Nand backup done via hekate. Try to mount a rp2040 and boot hekate, or try replacement and reballing the eMMC? (this one I confess I never tried)

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Giving feedback here. I removed all the wires and the rp2040 unfortunately switch lite have a solid black screen. I'm really amazed, I tested it before removing picofly and I didn't have any shorts on dat0, cmd and clk channels. The rest of points normal.

What are my best chances now? I have a full Nand backup done via hekate. Try to mount a rp2040 and boot hekate, or try replacement and reballing the eMMC? (this one I confess I never tried)
why do u think a reballing the emmc would help ? have u ever put heat on the emmc so have u reflowed it if not then there is no reason for reballing

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

I would flash a new pico (or nuke the old one a flash it again) and resolder everything. There is no reason to do a reball at this stage. Why are you suspecting a physical damage to emmc?

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bro i pretty sure its even in the guide and its been mentioned since atleast page80(thats where i started posting ) atleast 1000000000 times Xd
Post automatically merged:

is u have some sort of old motor (drone Motor) or a old hard drive theres some 0.2mm in there
I went ahead and ordered some larger wire. Im ordering off Amazon. Is 36awg enameled wire ok for the mosfet install?

Reactions: lightninjay

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
DragonFly

Just got my dragonFly boards in, I'll let you guys know how they go :shit:
Also I made some changes and have ordered some to be assembled. If everything goes well you guys can have some to test.
  • Dual MOSFET onboard in single package
  • CMOS oscillator
  • All components are virtually the smallest available package size
  • Ideally would be made of 0.1mm flex, but 0.8mm/1mm FR4 is cheap and good enough for this revision
  • 22mmx13mm(7/8"x1/2"), final version will be 15mmx10mm(5/8"x3/8")
  • I think I'll sell them for $15 AUD ($10 USD)
  • Most importantly, rounded traces :)
View attachment 377641View attachment 377639
looks good, pre-populated boards for sale? also will they have the option for the ffc?

Reactions: CodyRoseman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo