Phoenix Wright

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by BannedEpisode, Jan 11, 2008.

Jan 11, 2008

Phoenix Wright by BannedEpisode at 3:18 AM (2,020 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. BannedEpisode
    OP

Newcomer BannedEpisode Member

United States
    Okay so I started playing this game (And realized how long it is) and I am pretty impressed so far. Not amazed, but I cant complain I like it.

But the real reason I made this thread, I cant believe how much sexual innuendo they managed to stuff into one game! [​IMG]

You cant go through a single conversation without some kind of thinly veiled perverted comment, I find it quite comical and refreshing for a DS game to be honest. I also tend to crack up when they seemingly randomly toss in a off colored word or phrase.

I know I'm a bit late (About three years late) and sounding a bit immature to be taking so much joy in this childish stuff but hey, its pretty rare for a T rated game. Anyone have the same feeling?

2. Gus122000

Member Gus122000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    wut?

3. El-ahrairah

Member El-ahrairah GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Awesome post Gus, way to contribute to the community.

Anyways, that's the beauty of PW. There are all sorts of innuendos and odd jokes. As the games progress there are even in-jokes that you only get if you've played earlier games. That's just one reason why the PW series has such a big fanbase.

4. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    PW is a great series. I loved the story, especially the 3rd game. The random humour is fun if you enjoy it, especially the references. Can't believe NA has caught up to all 4 series already....(the 4th being released in February)!

5. Gus122000

Member Gus122000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    [​IMG]

6. Nero

Member Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

United States
    Sinkhead Edit: Removed reply to trashed post

Anyway.. PW is teh awesomest Text-based Lawyer Simulator evar! I haven't gotten around to finishing the 2nd Game.. RPGs are eating meh! [​IMG]

~Nero

7. phoood

Member phoood taking it to a whole new level.

United States
    I'm still on the third case (maybe more?) on the first game. For about one year.

Great game. Too bad I'm wrapped up with other stuff.

8. ceanth

Newcomer ceanth Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    i just started playing this game as well, must admit i didnt really like it at first but you really get into the story.

I find the suddern flashes quite weird along with the characters faces turning from happy to instandly mad!

9. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    I am in love with this series! Currently playing the third game now and I can honestly say I don't want it to end [​IMG]

Anywho, Capcom (which is no stranger to running a franchise into the ground with sequel after sequel) apparently doesn't want to continue the PW storyline and will be branching off into the Apollo Justice series. I'll still buy it tho as long as that game is similar to the PW games I'm sold!

10. Bourbanog

Newcomer Bourbanog Advanced Member

Australia
    I'm on the 3rd case of the second game, great series. I really love games with good writing and story, though some tend to drag on with boring dialogue.

Though sometimes in the cases where I have to present one piece of evidence out of 40 or so, it's just a big wtf moment. And also sometimes I want to convey an idea, but I have no idea what evidence shows it....

11. Dragonlord

Member Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue

Switzerland
    That's true. PW itself is a good game but their logic is at times lacking. Found myself often looking at a walkthrough just to go WTF about a piece of evidence which in "that point of time" did not make any sense ( after you showed and explained it did but not before ). But except those logic holes it's a good game for sure.

12. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    That's the bane of all adventure games. Other than that, the game is great [​IMG]

And the thinly veiled innuendo is a nice touch; kids won't notice a thing, but the adults will get yet another thing to giggle about, along the corny puns and everyone insulting Phoenix [​IMG]

13. Rankio

Member Rankio GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I agree with that concerning the 2nd game. I know at this point I should present X but they want Y first so X can be shown. The first game (which I played the 2nd first by accident, I'll be starting the 3rd next week) doesn't seem to have those moments though. The first PW seems a tad too easy and is mostly reading instead of problem solving. Hopefully the 3rd is more like the 2nd.

14. Dio

Member Dio WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

United States
    In the words of a fangirl: "There's so much gay in PW that it's hard to miss." Which is a whole other fanbase XD The scary part is that some pairings make sense D:

Personally, I don't think there's that much "gay", but it's still there. There are many funny moments and this is just a small portion of it.

15. Rankio

Member Rankio GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you see gay, you're looking too hard.

16. SavageWaffle

Member SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    We all no the PW series rocks. Im on my 1st one. 2nd case. I cant do it alone, so i read guides/walkthroughs from supercheats.com