Gaming Phoenix Wright

BannedEpisode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I started playing this game (And realized how long it is) and I am pretty impressed so far. Not amazed, but I cant complain I like it.

But the real reason I made this thread, I cant believe how much sexual innuendo they managed to stuff into one game!
rofl2.gif

You cant go through a single conversation without some kind of thinly veiled perverted comment, I find it quite comical and refreshing for a DS game to be honest. I also tend to crack up when they seemingly randomly toss in a off colored word or phrase.

I know I'm a bit late (About three years late) and sounding a bit immature to be taking so much joy in this childish stuff but hey, its pretty rare for a T rated game. Anyone have the same feeling?

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so I started playing this game (And realized how long it is) and I am pretty impressed so far. Not amazed, but I cant complain I like it.

But the real reason I made this thread, I cant believe how much sexual innuendo they managed to stuff into one game!Â
rofl2.gif

You cant go through a single conversation without some kind of thinly veiled perverted comment, I find it quite comical and refreshing for a DS game to be honest. I also tend to crack up when they seemingly randomly toss in a off colored word or phrase.Â

I know I'm a bit late (About three years late) and sounding a bit immature to be taking so much joy in this childish stuff but hey, its pretty rare for a T rated game. Anyone have the same feeling?

wut?

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome post Gus, way to contribute to the community.

Anyways, that's the beauty of PW. There are all sorts of innuendos and odd jokes. As the games progress there are even in-jokes that you only get if you've played earlier games. That's just one reason why the PW series has such a big fanbase.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PW is a great series. I loved the story, especially the 3rd game. The random humour is fun if you enjoy it, especially the references. Can't believe NA has caught up to all 4 series already....(the 4th being released in February)!

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sinkhead Edit: Removed reply to trashed post

Anyway.. PW is teh awesomest Text-based Lawyer Simulator evar! I haven't gotten around to finishing the 2nd Game.. RPGs are eating meh!
nyanya.gif

~Nero

ceanth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just started playing this game as well, must admit i didnt really like it at first but you really get into the story.

I find the suddern flashes quite weird along with the characters faces turning from happy to instandly mad!

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I am in love with this series! Currently playing the third game now and I can honestly say I don't want it to end
frown.gif

Anywho, Capcom (which is no stranger to running a franchise into the ground with sequel after sequel) apparently doesn't want to continue the PW storyline and will be branching off into the Apollo Justice series. I'll still buy it tho as long as that game is similar to the PW games I'm sold!

Bourbanog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on the 3rd case of the second game, great series. I really love games with good writing and story, though some tend to drag on with boring dialogue.

Though sometimes in the cases where I have to present one piece of evidence out of 40 or so, it's just a big wtf moment. And also sometimes I want to convey an idea, but I have no idea what evidence shows it....

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
That's true. PW itself is a good game but their logic is at times lacking. Found myself often looking at a walkthrough just to go WTF about a piece of evidence which in "that point of time" did not make any sense ( after you showed and explained it did but not before ). But except those logic holes it's a good game for sure.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
PW itself is a good game but their logic is at times lacking. Found myself often looking at a walkthrough just to go WTF about a piece of evidence which in "that point of time" did not make any sense.
That's the bane of all adventure games. Other than that, the game is great
happy.gif

And the thinly veiled innuendo is a nice touch; kids won't notice a thing, but the adults will get yet another thing to giggle about, along the corny puns and everyone insulting Phoenix
laugh.gif

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's true. PW itself is a good game but their logic is at times lacking. Found myself often looking at a walkthrough just to go WTF about a piece of evidence which in "that point of time" did not make any sense ( after you showed and explained it did but not before ). But except those logic holes it's a good game for sure.

I agree with that concerning the 2nd game. I know at this point I should present X but they want Y first so X can be shown. The first game (which I played the 2nd first by accident, I'll be starting the 3rd next week) doesn't seem to have those moments though. The first PW seems a tad too easy and is mostly reading instead of problem solving. Hopefully the 3rd is more like the 2nd.

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome post Gus, way to contribute to the community.

Anyways, that's the beauty of PW. There are all sorts of innuendos and odd jokes. As the games progress there are even in-jokes that you only get if you've played earlier games. That's just one reason why the PW series has such a big fanbase.
In the words of a fangirl: "There's so much gay in PW that it's hard to miss." Which is a whole other fanbase XD The scary part is that some pairings make sense D:

Personally, I don't think there's that much "gay", but it's still there. There are many funny moments and this is just a small portion of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: