Pay day at last

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho.

Well, it's finally pay day. And it's certainly not bad. But it's not as good as it should have been. I'm sure I earned more than I have. But I'll debate how much I'm owed with my boss this evening. Still, more than enough to pay my bills, save enough for the month's food budget and fanny about with. Here's the acquisitions and plans thus far;

- I've been pestered by the kid across the road to renew my Xbox Live subscription. I'm not overly fussed but fuck it, may as well. So I got 12 months of Live Gold, which came with a free Black Ops T-shirt which is pretty sweet.

- Got myself Black Ops as well. I've never been bowled over by the COD games, to be honest. They're good games but people defend them with such fervour that I'm kinda put off. I'm sure the online play will be great, the campaign will be exciting but short, and overall it'll probably justify the expense, but I doubt I'll consider it the best game ever. But I'll give it a fair chance to impress me. I needed an online FPS game anyway so this one should stay busy for a while.

- Got Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 'cause I played the demo and loved it. Need a decent online racer anyway, my only racer was NFS Carbon which is presumably dead by now, and Burnout Revenge which surely died years ago as well.

- New Frankie Boyle DVD which I have on in the background now. It's funny as fuck.

- Paid my rent and repaid the 25 quid my old man loaned me for tickets to see the new Harry Potter film with my nephew tomorrow.

- Set aside enough for food for the month.

- Still have about 90 quid left to dick about with. I might buy my neighbour's 250GB hard drive, but truth be told my 20GB is sufficient at the moment. I still have about 3GB left of it, and if I deleted a lot of the extranious crap from the hard drive I could easily double that. IE: I could delete the Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion since I never play it.

My back pay wasn't paid AGAIN this month, so I'm still owed nearly 50 quid from my first month of work. My hours have obviously been messed with as well 'cause I KNOW I earned more than I have. So I'll check my pay slip when I get to work later this evening and compare it to the list of hours I worked and see where the discrepencies are.

In other news,

- My gloves STILL haven't arrived, and what's more is that the little cunt I bought them from had the cheek to email me, asking why I haven't left feedback yet. BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT FUCKING HERE YET, DICK HEAD.

- My report about health and safety issues at work was read by the regional manager. He asked me to walk him around the store and point out the problem areas. Went well, he was pretty impressed. Which makes me completely impervious to repurcussions.

- Cinema tomorrow afternoon, yay. Shopping all morning then new Potter movie followed by pizza. Sounds like a good deal to me.

- One of my co-workers has never been the talkative type, but for some reason she's started talking to me a lot more lately. Seems to be warming a little. Which is ironic when you consider how fucking cold it is right now. All the more reason why it'd be nice if my gloves had arrived >:(

Aside from that there's little to tell. Life carries on much the same as always. Extensive medical problems, barely surviving work as a result, same crap food every week since my family don't know any recepies beyond chilli or boiled potatoes. Same old same old.

Well, I gotta have a shower and go to work for a paltry 3 hour shift. But it'll give me 3 whole hours to bitch slap my boss until the cunt gives me the rest of my wages. Toodles.

Blaze.

'Of course it has a large number of neck vertibrae, it's a fucking giraffe! What did you expect to find in there, a horse with a periscope?' - Frankie Boyle

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
That sucks about your pay, man
frown.gif

I'm no fan of my job - but my manager would never change my hours, and payroll is really nice if they, or I, make a mistake.

In fact, I was like 6 hours over my limit last week, so my manager, instead of taking away my hours, went on "vacation" for one day, so no one gets in trouble.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wish my pay day was so soon already, I wanna go to Harry Potter too
tongue.gif

Ah well, after the weekend (which will pass by pretty quick, since I have a 2day LAN party) I get my money too.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well my manager keeps fiddling the hours, saying how he's run pay through on other weeks, paid us in advance, etc. It's decidedly dodgy because the ammount of money we seem to be missing every month is about the same as what he's shifted about. If my pay slip shows blatant errors then I'll be taking it up with head office. I understand that loyalty is important but I have to pay bills at the end of the day.

Incidentally, now that my Live connection is renewed, look for me. GamerTag is Blaze163WP. I'm not the best gamer ever but I'm hardly a total Newb. For the next few days I'll be mostly playing Black Ops or NFS Hot Pursuit.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
Well my manager keeps fiddling the hours, saying how he's run pay through on other weeks, paid us in advance, etc. It's decidedly dodgy because the ammount of money we seem to be missing every month is about the same as what he's shifted about. If my pay slip shows blatant errors then I'll be taking it up with head office. I understand that loyalty is important but I have to pay bills at the end of the day.

Incidentally, now that my Live connection is renewed, look for me. GamerTag is Blaze163WP. I'm not the best gamer ever but I'm hardly a total Newb. For the next few days I'll be mostly playing Black Ops or NFS Hot Pursuit.
If you don't see my Friend req here in the next few days, send me one: Silva Sterl.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I'm back from the movies. Pretty decent movie to be fair. Obviously not as enjoyable as watching it at home given that my house isn't infested with kids between 9 and 13 acting like fuckwits and talking/texting every five seconds. But enjoyable all the same. Bit dark spirited for a Harry Potter film, which is above all else a kids film, right? Opens with an innocent woman being murdered then eaten by a dirty great snake. Some parts are scary as hell for a kids film...

Also finished my shopping before going to the movies. Got the following with what little remained of my pay:

- Complete box set of the American Pie films, all 7. They're pretty funny.

- Complete box set of Futurama. This one cost me a bit more than I was really comfortable with, but whatever. Not often the complete box shows up so I dug into my reserves a bit.

- Triple DVD pack of DOA and both Charlie's Angels films. It was only a pound so it's worth that just to find out exactly how crap the DOA movie is.

- Box set of Family Guy seasons 1-5.

- Ace Combat 6. I hope somebody still plays online. All my DLC should still be on the hard drive, would be a shame if I had nobody to pwn in my Razgriz colours F14.

- A big bag of Doritos.

That lot along with my new 360 games and renewed Live connection should keep me amused until next payday.

Totoy_Kamote

Trophies
XP
Country
i haven't watched the new Harry Potter film and i'm planning to watch it after i get my money...
it was too late when i realized that i was reading a spoiler!
cry.gif

i cant' wait till my pay day! but it's still on the end of the month!
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4