Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SektorZero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.topsony.com
XP
Country
Mexico
1434154161480.jpg

New banner?

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
innercy said:
yea thanks. but i think it is better combining gw+pasta instead of gw+rxtools isnt it?

I use Pasta for DSiWare and GBA VC, and GW with Mset for 9.8 emuNAND on O3DS with the same SD. Have not encountered any issues. Oh yeah my sysNAND and emuNAND are unlinked. Thanks to @motezazer, @nop90, @Riku, and any other devs I have overlooked for making some tasty Pasta, 4.5 Mset POC, and GBA VC injection. I'm sure these projects will continue to mature and flourish with constructive input and help from fellow devs. Great Job.

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, working on it. Slowly but working.

I had been very busy these days so I missed all the news on rxtools with patched sign check, but if I'm not wrong it's not open source yet.

Since my objective is not pirating games but knowledge, I'm not giving up.

Now a little update:

Gpu mem copy ROP gadget for spider of FW 7.1 doesn't work on a 4.x FW. Maybe it's only a problem of virtual addressing mapping since it doesn't crash, but nothing is copied in FCRAM. I know because I made some dumps after copying specific patterns in memory and did not found them in the dumps.

For the same reason we can't load a code.bin using the loadcode web page on duke site with a 4.X FW.

Now I installed the 4.X spider version, that can load and run with no problems a code.bin arm11 file using the loadcode4 page.

The bad thing is that we miss the IWrite_File rop gadget to dump the memory and search the others needed gadget to complete Spiderpasta.

I wrote a simple code bin that scans the memory to search the first 7 words of the IWrite_File and I found it in memory (I placed a infine loop in code to know if pattern is found).

Now I have to get the found address and I'm using the trick of the open file with write/create flag to create an empty file with the address encoded in the filename.

Yesterday night I stopped working with at this point with the code crashing. In the weekend I'll try to fix it and get a memory dump.

I hope I'm not making big mistakes at this point.
You'd may have an easier time if you'd just looked at the spider exefs for 4.x and 9.x, looking for the first two words of IFile_*, noting the relative offsets of each gadget.

However, that's great news and progress for the 4.x saps, too!

NekuSakurabaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, guys, new from here, but i followed the latest events from the shadows, which is understood as "Oh god, I'm afraid to write here" (shyness). Anyway, I wanted to ask: what is the situation for the 2DS? From what I read the 2DS is virtually cut off, unless you have a Gateway or Cubic Ninja. And in addition to this I wanted to ask if it was worth the wait, or buy an o3ds for homebrew and CIA and keep the 2DS with ofw. Thanks for your possible answers.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, guys, new from here, but i followed the latest events from the shadows, which is understood as "Oh god, I'm afraid to write here" (shyness). Anyway, I wanted to ask: what is the situation for the 2DS? From what I read the 2DS is virtually cut off, unless you have a Gateway or Cubic Ninja. And in addition to this I wanted to ask if it was worth the wait, or buy an o3ds for homebrew and CIA and keep the 2DS with ofw. Thanks for your possible answers.
I'd recommend you set everything up as far as you can, then find someone with either cubic ninja (with ninjhax) or a gateway to help you install FBI/devmenu/bigbluemenu. Then it's your choice to wait for spider support for Pasta, or just use Signature-patched rxTools. Good luck.

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just going to toss this into the water and see if I get anything, but what I'd like to know is, is it possible to load up the homebrew channel and run homebrew from it from within Pasta?
It doesn't work all that well in Gateway's CFW, and doesn't work at all with Rxmode. Copies of CN are far too scarce, sky3ds is as expensive, and the scene has yet to adapt, so I'm wondering if anyone has any luck in that regard with this particular CFW.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm just going to toss this into the water and see if I get anything, but what I'd like to know is, is it possible to load up the homebrew channel and run homebrew from it from within Pasta?
It doesn't work all that well in Gateway's CFW, and doesn't work at all with Rxmode. Copies of CN are far too scarce, sky3ds is as expensive, and the scene has yet to adapt, so I'm wondering if anyone has any luck in that regard with this particular CFW.

I have copy of CN but sometime I run ninjhax from a CN cia in Palantine CFW (eminand) or in 4.x MSET Pasta (sysnand).

dela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So @dela how is Emunand coming along?
Between yesterday, today I managed to work only two hours; if I can continue to work on Monday; I'm rewriting the code of the boot; starting from firm0 and crossing it with the code of CFW leaked.
of course I'm also using also other material. I am proceeding slowly because on Friday, I an exam university
Italiano versione:
Tra ieri oggi sono riuscito a lavorare solo due ore; se riesco lunedi continuo a lavorarci; sto riscrivendo il codice del boot; partendo dal firm0 e incrociandolo con il codice del cfw trapelatonaturalmente sto pure usando anche altro materiale. sto procedendo a rilento perché venerdi, ho un'esame universitario

NekuSakurabaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd recommend you set everything up as far as you can, then find someone with either cubic ninja (with ninjhax) or a gateway to help you install FBI/devmenu/bigbluemenu. Then it's your choice to wait for spider support for Pasta, or just use Signature-patched rxTools. Good luck.
Thank you for your answer samian, i think i can find an used copy of Cubic Ninja at low price in local store, so i stay with the 2ds.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for your answer samian, i think i can find an used copy of Cubic Ninja at low price in local store, so i stay with the 2ds.
I didn't realize you have a 2DS. I think it is indeed better to just find a cheap cubic ninja game like you said, because personally I've wasted LOTS of time trying to get my friend's 2DS to read my gateway card (seems to be a common problem for 2DS users, to the point of being almost unusable). So good luck!

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
Firmware spoofing from within Pasta? Because firmware spoofing in the form of apps has been out for weeks, plus you can use rxtools at the latest firmware too
do the firmware spoofing apps that are out install anything to sysnand, or are they just ram patches too?
(Done at the system menu rather than at boot time?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!