granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=25592

CoroCoro Magazine has revealed that Paper Mario will be seeing in a new instalment on the DS.

Details for the new title in the Paper Mario series were sketchy, with the information appearing to say that the game will be a port of the original title on the Nintendo 64, which was also released for the Virtual Console in July last year. No screenshots have been revealed for the title, and it's expected to be released in Japan in July.

The game will be the fourth Paper Mario game released, with the original followed up by Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door on the GameCube, and Super Paper Mario on the Wii.

No official confirmation from Nintendo has been given at this stage.

Are these sources ever correct? I'd love to see it on DS.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd welcome a port of the first game, would suit the DS well and if it is true I'm sure Nintendo would add something to it seeing that a lot of Wii owners would have paid less for it on VC, just hopefully something that doesn't ruin it.

Ok I'll prefer a new game but it'll be a much bigger success on DS than it would on N64/Wii.

Hey perhaps they could whack Mario RPG onto it, would make lots of monies but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Though thinking again if it is true its kinda sad that Nintendo have three remakes this year now, Fire Emblem is a remake of the first NES game which was already remade for the SNES and Kirby Super Star Deluxe is another remake.

D

Deleted User

It better be real, or I'll sue Nintendo!
Not that that would work
frown.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
That would be awesome seeing as I never played the original.

This is how nintendo makes most of its money.
Ports and remakes...

OuTee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
CockroachMan said:
Never played much the original.. so, that's good news for me!
Not really... IMHO its ONLY decent game (it was great thou back in N64s times)... Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga and Brothers in Time are a looot more enyoable... :/

I would like a new Paper Mario game than the remake cause the whole "paper style" rocks. :]

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xcalibur said:
That would be awesome seeing as I never played the original.

This is how nintendo makes most of its money.
Ports and remakes...
i don't have a problem with either. as many ports and remakes they make is probably the same or less than original new games,

but anyways, YESSSS!

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
To be realesed July 2008? That's not too far.
But I'd have to choose between DQ5 and PMDS in July.. Hope no other major game comes out in July, give me some breathing room =/

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd take a port to relive the great game that Paper Mario was, but would rather see a new entry to the series that doesn't offend me like Super Paper Mario did. (How dare you take out the best parts; the RPG parts? Rant for another day, getting back on topic:)

I see in the thread there's many who never played the original though, so I urge them to take the opportunity to play it if it is a port. And then play "The Thousand Year Door" for the GCN, which was EVEN better.

I'll be fairly satisfied even if they just port it with a little freshening up. Super Mario 64 DS made me literally giddy with the mixture of "good times" memories and new bits added. That would be fine with me, too. :)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do remember people that this is only reported by one magazine. It may be Paper Mario 3 (Super Paper Mario wasn't a TRUE Paper Mario), an N64 port, or it may not be true at all. Does anyone know about this CoroCoro magazine and how accurate it is? If the game does indeed exist and on track for a July release (I'm wary of the close release date...wonder if it meant 2009), we'll probable be seeing it at E3 this year! I would love Mario RPG DS too, but I think the sales were rather low when it was released in 1996. I was only ~8 years old at the time.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Paper Mario on N64 was really, really fun but if I try to play through it again on the DS, all the "ooh. What's gonna happen next" will be gone.

Not that I don't welcome the news but it would be nice to see another Partners in Time game.

S

scubersteve

Oh god.
This brings back memories.
Countless hours of mixing ingredients...
I beat this games so many times,
Anyone wanna complete this for me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...