Updated to 17.0.0 and having issues getting sigpatches to work

DSlite2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't update very often and consider myself fairly new to atmosphere. Please help.

I updated my Switch from 16.0.3 to 17.0.0 and having issues getting my games to launch.

I first started with All-In-One Switch Updater and updated to DeepSea-Advanced_v4.9.0. This updated Atmosphere to 1.6.3.

I then downloaded Firmware 17.0.0 (rebootless) and used Daybreak to install it.

After that, I noticed my games where showing [!] and figured I needed to update the sigpatches.

I have tried copying the updated sigpatches over to the sd card and that didn't work. I then tried to use sys-patch and that doesn't seem to work either.

Is there a step I am missing somewhere?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I don't update very often and consider myself fairly new to atmosphere. Please help.

I updated my Switch from 16.0.3 to 17.0.0 and having issues getting my games to launch.

I first started with All-In-One Switch Updater and updated to DeepSea-Advanced_v4.9.0. This updated Atmosphere to 1.6.3.

After that, I noticed my games where showing [!] and figured I needed to update the sigpatches.

I have tried copying the updated sigpatches over to the sd card and that didn't work. I then tried to use sys-patch and that doesn't seem to work either.

yes you are missing things, follow the instructions on:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

and also install the sysmodule:

https://github.com/ITotalJustice/sys-patch

DSlite2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

I had the same issue when I updated to 17 and didn't have the updated sigpatches installed first. Reinstalling the games should work if everything is setup correctly.

Reactions: BigOnYa

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Are you sure reinstalling a game is needed? In my experience, once the proper sigpatches are copied over the game will boot. Might have to run through a corruption check first though.

Upgrading to 17 was a bit of an anomaly for me. It crashed on the first boot due to the issue conflicting with incognito, and despite double-checking sigpatches and corruption checks, the games were reporting the need to be downloaded again. I don't know how common my situation was, but there aren't any clear solutions from what I've seen.

All previous upgrades went without such a hitch.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Upgrading to 17 was a bit of an anomaly for me. It crashed on the first boot due to the issue conflicting with incognito, and despite double-checking sigpatches and corruption checks, the games were reporting the need to be downloaded again. I don't know how common my situation was, but there aren't any clear solutions from what I've seen.

All previous upgrades went without such a hitch.
I see. Well I haven't bothered updating from 16.03 to 17 myself. I guess we'll see.

Reactions: tabzer

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Are you sure reinstalling a game is needed? In my experience, once the proper sigpatches are copied over the game will boot. Might have to run through a corruption check first though.
Yes, once you try to run an installed xci or nro forwarder without the correct sigpatches that game is flagged as corrupted and then you need to uninstall and then reinstall it (even after updating to the correct sigpatches).

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yes, once you try to run an installed xci or nro forwarder without the correct sigpatches that game is flagged as corrupted and then you need to uninstall and then reinstall it (even after updating to the correct sigpatches).
In my situation, all of my installed games displayed the cloud/download symbol after recovering from the icognito/17 crash. I didn't even have to run them for that to happen. It seemed that the f/w triggered a check against all installed titles and then disable them.

DSlite2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue when I updated to 17 and didn't have the updated sigpatches installed first. Reinstalling the games should work if everything is setup correctly.

Reinstall one game using DBI and test that game.

Some installers didn't handle correctly some flags.
I’ve tried to reinstall a game via Tinfoil and it’s still not working for me. I have the updated sigpatches installed. I’m not sure what is wrong 😔

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I’ve tried to reinstall a game via Tinfoil and it’s still not working for me. I have the updated sigpatches installed. I’m not sure what is wrong 😔

Tinfoil hasn't been working well since 17, which is a bit of a shame if all your sources are online. DBI is pretty reliable, and you don't have to wait for the whole tinfoil startup nonsense if you only intend to do MTP/USB installs.

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have found that deleting the Atmosphere folder and sig patches (remember to back up your .ini's and config files) and putting fresh copies of Atmosphere and the sig patches back on and repasting your .ini and configs back in their correct spots has usually solved this very problem. Don't forget to update fusee.bin through aio updater. Reinstalling games is totally unnecessary. When I ran into the games loading with errors and telling me the files were corrupted doing the steps I just wrote would solve that. If your game errors out do the steps and rescan the files and they should straighten themselves out and be playable again.

Last edited by Chaoticus,
Reactions: impeeza

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have found that deleting the Atmosphere folder and sig patches (remember to back up your .ini's and config files) and putting fresh copies of Atmosphere and the sig patches back on and repasting your .ini and configs back in their correct spots has usually solved this very problem. Reinstalling games is totally unnecessary.

You say that you "have found". Can you refer to upgrading 17 specifically?

In my situation, that didn't work, so I don't know if it could work for OP or not. While my situation is similar to OP's, it's not to say that it's exactly the same.

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Every release since I jumped into switch hacking and that was around 13 I have always tried to update through Aio and never seems to do the job. I have done the mentioned steps when I get the file error when loading (usually the tell that aio didn't work again) I jump on my PC and download Atmosphere and the sigs fresh, blow away both on the SD and paste the new ones on. BUT I am on a V1 unpatched if that really means anything.

Last edited by Chaoticus,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto