Nintendo announces Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door remaster

Nintendo is bringing back Paper Mario by remastering Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. It'll be bringing the classic game to the Nintendo Switch with new graphics sometime next year. The original game launched in 2004 for the Nintendo GameCube, and was developed by Intelligent Systems.

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully they don't remove any "original" characters.
It definitely doesn't seem like any original characters have been removed judging by the trailer: in fact, Supper Mario Broth noticed that more original characters are being added.

That's certainly something, huh.

Anyway, now for my thoughts on the TTYD remake: GGRRR BARK BARK WOOF GGGGRRR GRR BARKNFKFLH FMSMANBARK WOOF WOOF GR TNGFMR BARK BARL BARK BARK WOOF WOOF WOOF GGRRRR BARRKKFNBFB GRR WOMGMHMBOF GRR BARKNFKFLH BARK BARK BARK WOOF GGGGRRR GRR WOMGMHMBOF GRRR BARK BARK WOOF ARF GRRR GXNXHSJSH BRRR BARK BARK

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GGRRR BARK BARK WOOF GGGGRRR GRR BARKNFKFLH FMSMANBARK WOOF WOOF GR TNGFMR BARK BARL BARK BARK WOOF WOOF WOOF GGRRRR BARRKKFNBFB GRR WOMGMHMBOF GRR BARKNFKFLH BARK BARK BARK WOOF GGGGRRR GRR WOMGMHMBOF GRRR BARK BARK WOOF ARF GRRR GXNXHSJSH BRRR BARK BARK
Is this a furry thread or a gayming thread?

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
An overrated Paper Mario title, but it's still welcoming to those that love it. I mean, can agree since it's the second best Paper Mario title besides the original

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, but not $70 interesting. Original game is still good. Gamecube looks great with Retro-bit Prism, or Carby. Or play on Wii, or modded Wii U. Or if you have no meaningful sensitivity to authenticity, just use an emulator you cretin.

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
Interesting, but not $70 interesting. Original game is still good. Gamecube looks great with Retro-bit Prism, or Carby. Or play on Wii, or modded Wii U. Or if you have no meaningful sensitivity to authenticity, just use an emulator you cretin.

Completely forgot that the price was 70. I guess modern switch games are now getting 10 dollars priccier

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Completely forgot that the price was 70. I guess modern switch games are now getting 10 dollars priccier
I don't think any pricing has been shown yet for TTYD Remake, and even then, TOTK seems to be the only example of a Nintendo Switch game releasing for 10 dollars more than usual - all the other ones are still at $60. Even upcoming games like SMB Wonder.

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
I don't think any pricing has been shown yet for TTYD Remake, and even then, TOTK seems to be the only example of a Nintendo Switch game releasing for 10 dollars more than usual - all the other ones are still at $60. Even upcoming games like SMB Wonder.

We'll have to see. I hope what I said is wrong cause 70 dollars is a bit too much

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not picking up this remake, since I already have the original on my totally not modded Wii U (Same with Super Mario RPG). Good opportunity for people who haven’t experienced the original yet, though. I’m just glad they enhanced the art style of the original, rather than using the dumb looking one from Color Splash and whatever the Switch one was called (EDIT: Origami King).

Reactions: Y0shII

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps