Nintendo announces Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door remaster

Nintendo is bringing back Paper Mario by remastering Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. It'll be bringing the classic game to the Nintendo Switch with new graphics sometime next year. The original game launched in 2004 for the Nintendo GameCube, and was developed by Intelligent Systems.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Comments above are hilarious, denial of the fact its yet again another ported olf game that nintendo has dug up to ready to charge its customers full whack again.

I bet you see nintendo business men as they are, laughing, rubbing their hands, pointing as these fanboys get all excited and prep to make end excuses to deny the fact your buying new consoles to rebuy the same shit over and over.

As for the excuse of waiting your entire life to play the game, well it cant be that important because its an easy to find game that again cheaper buy without having to buy a new console.

As for newer audiences another funny excuse, my son, age 8 has already completed this game.

Without having to rebuy it again off shitendont.

Reactions: Y0shII

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Comments above are hilarious, denial of the fact its yet again another ported olf game that nintendo has dug up to ready to charge its customers full whack again.

I bet you see nintendo business men as they are, laughing, rubbing their hands, pointing as these fanboys get all excited and prep to make end excuses to deny the fact your buying new consoles to rebuy the same shit over and over.

As for the excuse of waiting your entire life to play the game, well it cant be that important because its an easy to find game that again cheaper buy without having to buy a new console.

As for newer audiences another funny excuse, my son, age 8 has already completed this game.

Without having to rebuy it again off shitendont.
Bait used to be believable.

Reactions: Axido and KingVamp

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
70 bucks for a Gamecube game.

Yeah they probably have a successor of the Switch ready for next year.
IMG_20230915_161014.jpg
Need I say more?

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's two AMAZING Mario RPGs in the span of a year.
My excitement is much or less the same as the rest...But I can't help but notice the framerate in the trailer.
The original managed to run at 60fps without issues.
The remaster seem to struggle and get major dips, around 35-45.

Really hope I'm wrong and they'll manage to optimize it over the months.

I don't see anyone else talking about this, so I'll piggy-back off your comment. Framerate is a major concern for me personally. I couldn't help but feeling let-down watching the trailer and watching the frame-rate chug, and certain animations being nowhere near as smooth as the original game. I still have my original copy of this game that I'm content to continue emulating.

Unrelated, it's interesting that the button glyphs in the trailer seem to possibly represent the Super Famicom color layout with the red A button and the green Y button. Wonder what that could be about.

Playasia seems to have pre-orders open for $60 for the European version. The rest of the regions don't have a listed price yet. People list this game for a lot on eBay, but the listings that actually sell usually go for between $80-$100, depending on if it's disc only or complete. There's obviously outliers, but hopefully this release makes those farther and fewer between.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol another old recycled port.

Loving the usual fanboys defences here, ohh it brings it to new audiences or been waitin
70 bucks for a Gamecube game.

Yeah they probably have a successor of the Switch ready for next year.
Yup they already had a pc hidden away running an emulator supporting Unreal5 and playing BotW with better resolution and Ray tracing.

Yup, erm, everything that these emulators that thr community have made and all these improvements they added to nintendos own game.

Yup, these "emulators" that nintendo hate so much and love to send their legal team after them to shut them down.

All because the community are proving that they can actually do a better job than nintendo can do themselves.

Take nintendos in house n64 emulator as another perfect example, how shit it is.

Its an absolute embarrassment when nintendo can't even make an emulator of their own consoles.

Its a joke that they cant even make new games run and look good on its own hardware and still to this day they've done fuck all to improve them.

Yet the community have already achieved all of this.

But what is the point in hiding an emulator running an old game but using Unreal 5 engine to add features that emulators already did without using Unreal 5 engine.

Is this another sign that they again are going to release another cheap inferior hardware console, but able to use Unreal 5 Engine to add pointless improvements to its old games so they get to re release them all over again.

I mean, its already proven that nintendo fanboys will blindly defend anything nintendo do and make lame pathetic excuses because they cant admit the fact that all nintendo do now is recycle old shit.

When you buy a new console, you want new games, fuck the excuse of aparently not having the chance of playing it first time round or bringing it to a new generation.

You do not need a new console to buy and play older games, you can pick up the original console and that game cheaper than it would to buy a switch and the same old shit ported.

My son is the new generation, aged 8 and he has already played this game on my GameCube.

All nintendo have done with the Switch is port over as many of its old games as they can think of.

Or, recycle the same shit and worse, release empty games that have fuck all to do but the same thing over and over.

Games like BOTW and LEGENDS, massive empty maps with fuck all to do, when actually playing these games, they feel like you've just been ripped off.

Like playing a beta map or game and your the QA testers and see where the issues are and needs improvements.

Then its followed up with an actual game with content added to it, which should have been added in the first place.

They do this knowing its devoted fanboys will still buy it regardless.

Deleted member 672055

Trophies
XP

Loving the usual fanboys defences here, ohh it brings it to new audiences or been waitin
Yup they already had a pc hidden away running an emulator supporting Unreal5 and playing BotW with better resolution and Ray tracing.

Yup, erm, everything that these emulators that thr community have made and all these improvements they added to nintendos own game.

Yup, these "emulators" that nintendo hate so much and love to send their legal team after them to shut them down.

All because the community are proving that they can actually do a better job than nintendo can do themselves.

Take nintendos in house n64 emulator as another perfect example, how shit it is.

Its an absolute embarrassment when nintendo can't even make an emulator of their own consoles.

Its a joke that they cant even make new games run and look good on its own hardware and still to this day they've done fuck all to improve them.

But what is the point in hiding an emulator running an old game but using Unreal 5 engine to add features that emulators already did without using Unreal 5 engine.

Is this another sign that they again are going to release another cheap inferior hardware console, but able to use Unreal 5 Engine to add pointless improvements to its old games so they get to re release them all over again.

I mean, its already proven that nintendo fanboys will blindly defend anything nintendo do and make lame pathetic excuses because they cant admit the fact that all nintendo do now is recycle old shit.

When you buy a new console, you want new games, fuck the excuse of aparently not having the chance of playing it first time round or bringing it to a new generation.

You do not need a new console to buy and play older games, you can pick up the original console and that game cheaper than it would to buy a switch and the same old shit ported.

My son is the new generation, aged 8 and he has already played this game on my GameCube.

All nintendo have done with the Switch is port over as many of its old games as they can think of.

Or, recycle the same shit and worse, release empty games that have fuck all to do but the same thing over and over.

Games like BOTW and LEGENDS, massive empty maps with fuck all to do, when actually playing these games, they feel like you've just been ripped off.

Like playing a beta map or game and your the QA testers and see where the issues are and needs improvements.

Then its followed up with an actual game with content added to it, which should have been added in the first place.

dawg there's this thing called not buying nintendo shit. you sure do love writing walls of text about how shitty nintendo is yet continuing to buy said shit, huh?

good lord a lot of you self-proclaimed people in their 30s act like fucking babies who can't understand the concept of not buying things from company you deem to hate so much like their employees eat babies on breakfast :rofl2:

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

1694864029589.png

Seriously though, if you hate Nintendo, don't buy or talk about their games. Simple as that.
And also don't go purposefully charging into Nintendo-related articles ready to post a 200-page essay about why plumber game remake is bad.

Good to hear your son is playing and enjoying these games, though.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 394189

Seriously though, if you hate Nintendo, don't buy or talk about their games. Simple as that.
And also don't go purposefully charging into Nintendo-related articles ready to post a 200-page essay about why plumber game remake is bad.

Good to hear your son is playing and enjoying these games, though.
so you did sorta read it LOL.

yes I love that my son will play these games, back when nintendo was fresh, new and good.

now its the same crap lol
Post automatically merged:

dawg there's this thing called not buying nintendo shit. you sure do love writing walls of text about how shitty nintendo is yet continuing to buy said shit, huh?

good lord a lot of you self-proclaimed people in their 30s act like fucking babies who can't understand the concept of not buying things from company you deem to hate so much like their employees eat babies on breakfast :rofl2:
I buy because I am forced to, my stupid brain as a gamer keeps telling me that I HAVE TO OWN EVERY SINGE CONSOLE ON THE MARKET.

yes its expensive listening to my stupid brain, but I cant turn it off.

LITERALLY, it NEVER TURNS OFF.

I can take my wife on a date, say meal and my BRAIN will sit there constantly thinking IT SHOULD HAVE ORDERED THIS FOOD than what I ORDERED.

Could take to the the cinema so she can see a film shes been waiting to see, and Ill sit there during the ENTIRE MOVIE wishing I had got POPCORN or a DRINK or certain SNACK.

its ALLWAYS there telling me what to do, so, as for consoles, I HAVE TO BUY THEM ALL.

Deleted member 672055

Trophies
XP
so you did sorta read it LOL.

yes I love that my son will play these games, back when nintendo was fresh, new and good.

now its the same crap lol
then why the fuck you go on nintendo related news and post same shit "waaah red japan company bad gaems suk they all eat babies for breakfast"? like holy shit there's so much you can do on these forums yet you choose to cry like a fucking baby while daring to call anyone who laughs at your walls of text a "fanboy"

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then why the fuck you go on nintendo related news and post same shit "waaah red japan company bad gaems suk they all eat babies for breakfast"? like holy shit there's so much you can do on these forums yet you choose to cry like a fucking baby while daring to call anyone who laughs at your walls of text a "fanboy"
its to laugh at the fans making excuses and loving all this shit, yet youll see nintendo fanboys bitching about other consoles or copying nintendo this and that, when they fail to see that theyre defending a company that is raping them by releasing the same shit all over again.

the word contradiction comes to mind, id rather see nintendo stop been cheap cunts and releasing the same crap, taking legal action against those that want to run their games how they are supposed to be, yet nintendo hide away nice little emulation pc's in recent exhibitions to so called promote its new systems ability.

running an old game, so would that suggest the same, its new console will now be able to play an old game how its supposed to be, that what emulation could already do.

Deleted member 672055

Trophies
XP
its to laugh at the fans making excuses and loving all this shit, yet youll see nintendo fanboys bitching about other consoles or copying nintendo this and that, when they fail to see that theyre defending a company that is raping them by releasing the same shit all over again.

the word contradiction comes to mind, id rather see nintendo stop been cheap cunts and releasing the same crap, taking legal action against those that want to run their games how they are supposed to be, yet nintendo hide away nice little emulation pc's in recent exhibitions to so called promote its new systems ability.

running an old game, so would that suggest the same, its new console will now be able to play an old game how its supposed to be, that what emulation could already do.
don't you have a son to take care of, loser?

CPS should get interested in you wasting your time crying on an on-line forum rather than, you know, real life shit. :rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol