• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Oklahoma Republican proposes that any provider who provides gender affirming care to 26 year olds or younger is a felony

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine being allowed to stay on your parent's insurance at age 25. It's almost like 25 year olds can't take care of themselves or make their own decisions anymore.

Don't want to be treated like a child, stop acting like one. It's as simple as that.
So because people can be on their parent's insurance at age 25, no 25 year old is therefore able to make the decision for themselves if they want any gender affirming care? Even if they aren't on their parents insurance and have been paying for their own for years at that point, which they also reasonably could be as many many 25 year olds do at that.

I guess under your logic we should be holding off the ability to smoke, drink, own guns, go to war, etc. until we're at least 26 as well. I mean afterall, 25 year olds can still be on their parents' insurance!!!!!1!!!111

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You know what's not scientific? Telling people and kids that chopping off their breasts or penises and spending the rest of their lives taking hormone medications will make them feel better about themselves.
Nobody is telling them to do it.

I don't think you can tell someone how they should feel about their own body.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So because people can be on their parent's insurance at age 25, no 25 year old is therefore able to make the decision for themselves if they want any gender affirming care? Even if they aren't on their parents insurance and have been paying for their own for years at that point, which they also reasonably could be as many many 25 year olds do at that.

I guess under your logic we should be holding off the ability to smoke, drink, own guns, go to war, etc. until we're at least 26 as well. I mean afterall, 25 year olds can still be on their parents' insurance!!!!!1!!!111
A lot of states have already raised the smoking age and the legal age to own a firearm to 21 even though the government gives firearms to 18 year olds all the time.

If you actually thought about it, this is to prevent kids from using their taxpayer funded Obamacare or Medicaid to fund mutilation on their bodies instead of seeking the mental health they so desperately need.
Post automatically merged:

Nobody is telling them to do it.

I don't think you can tell someone how they should feel about their own body.
We are told that we should indulge these fantasies that people have instead of telling them the truth. They are never told to seek professional mental help. That would be more sane and caring than what is going on now.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of states have already raised the smoking age and the legal age to own a firearm to 21 even though the government gives firearms to 18 year olds all the time.

If you actually thought about it, this is to prevent kids from using their taxpayer funded Obamacare or Medicaid to fund mutilation on their bodies instead of seeking the mental health they so desperately need.
Yup, 21 sounds perfect, I'm with you there. Why are we choosing 26 here? Sounds like fear dictating the age to me. If a 25 year old can have been smoking and drinking for 4 years, and could have been going to war for 7 years, then in my opinion they should very reasonably have been able to decide for themselves for at least 4 years by that point if they want gender affirming care or not. At 25 years old you are no longer a child unable to decide things for yourself, you just aren't.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, 21 sounds perfect, I'm with you there. Why are we choosing 26 here? Sounds like fear dictating the age to me. If a 25 year old can have been smoking and drinking for 4 years, and could have been going to war for 7 years, then in my opinion they should very reasonably have been able to decide for themselves for at least 4 years by that point if they want gender affirming care or not. At 25 years old you are no longer a child unable to decide things for yourself, you just aren't.
I actually explained it in the second part of the text you quoted. Maybe you missed it?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually explained it in the second part of the text you quoted. Maybe you missed it?
Oh I saw what you believe, but I'm asking why are we really choosing 26 here. There is no good reason, if you're old enough to choose to die for our country, you're old certainly enough to know if you want gender affirming treatment or not, but hell, I'll allow the 3 year buffer that those same people need in order to decide if they want to drink or smoke too. Any more than that is just pathetically sad and shows that the people proposing such an age are just scared of things they don't understand.

I mean as it is, you can be 18 and get your own plastic surgery, and many people would argue that kind of procedure is a sin against god too or whatever there hang-up is on such changes to someone's body under their own choice.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I saw what you believe, but I'm asking why are we really choosing 26 here. There is no good reason,
There is no good reason that you understand. Big difference.
if you're old enough to choose to die for our country, you're old certainly enough to know if you want gender affirming treatment or not, but hell, I'll allow the 3 year buffer that those same people need in order to decide if they want to drink or smoke too. Any more than that is just pathetically sad and shows that the people proposing such an age are just scared of things they don't understand.
This coming from the group who get triggered and microaggressed saying other people are afraid of something. Sorry, I just had to lol.
I mean as it is, you can be 18 and get your own plastic surgery, and many people would argue that kind of procedure is a sin against god too or whatever there hang-up is on such changes to someone's body under their own choice.
Considering that this is Oklahoma, if one does not like the laws passed there, they are always free to move to California, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, New York, New Jersey or any other blue state. Some of those states could use actual US citizens moving there as they have lost House seats recently.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no good reason that you understand. Big difference.
No there are reasons, like the one you proposed, but no good ones, I'm correct on that subject.

This coming from the group who get triggered and microaggressed saying other people are afraid of something. Sorry, I just had to lol.
I'm pretty independent, I'm not claiming to speak for conservatives or liberals here at all. I believe adults should be able to make choices about what they do for their own bodies at a reasonable adult age (reasonable adult age coming at least 5 years before 26). I really don't feel like that puts me in any particular group, but if you want to compartmentalize me, have at it I guess.

Considering that this is Oklahoma, if one does not like the laws passed there, they are always free to move to California, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, New York, New Jersey or any other blue state. Some of those states could use actual US citizens moving there as they have lost House seats recently.
Ah yes, if you don't like the law go somewhere else. Not at all my point, I'm questioning why we're deciding a 25 year old in any part of the country can own a gun, go to war, smoke, drink, be married, have a family, have a house, have a car, have a business, have a mistress, have plastic surgery, etc. But deciding that they want gender affirming care (no matter the part of the country) is just too much? You're just not enough of an adult yet in that part of the country? OK... justify that as much as you like, but it will never make any sense to me. But I do tend to think with logic, so maybe that's on me.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No there are reasons, like the one you proposed, but no good ones, I'm correct on that subject.
That's your opinion. Doesn't mean you're correct. Just means you have an opinion.
I'm pretty independent, I'm not claiming to speak for conservatives or liberals here at all. I believe adults should be able to make choices about what they do for their own bodies at a reasonable adult age (reasonable adult age coming at least 5 years before 26). I really don't feel like that puts me in any particular group, but if you want to compartmentalize me, have at it I guess.
As you compartmentalize others as being afraid. It's a classic leftist tactic. People you disagree with always have some kind of phobia. It's actually kind of a stupid argument if you think about it. Nobody has an actual phobia of gay people lol.
Ah yes, if you don't like the law go somewhere else. Not at all my point, I'm questioning why we're deciding a 25 year old in any part of the country can own a gun, go to war, smoke, drink, be married, have a family, have a house, have a car, have a business, have a mistress, have plastic surgery, etc. But deciding that they want gender affirming care (no matter the part of the country) is just too much? You're just not enough of an adult yet in that part of the country? OK... justify that as much as you like, but it will never make any sense to me. But I do tend to think with logic, so maybe that's on me.
Because states can almost do what they want as long as it doesn't conflict with the Constitution. If you are such a logical thinker, then go think about how our country was designed. Things will start making more sense to you then.

I'll make it simple for you. If people can't use their Obamacare or Medicaid to pay for plastic surgery because they don't like their body, then they shouldn't be able to use it for plastic surgery for gender affirming care.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's your opinion. Doesn't mean you're correct. Just means you have an opinion.
Well simply put, I've not seen a good reason proposed yet, certainly not by you.

As you compartmentalize others as being afraid. It's a classic leftist tactic. People you disagree with always have some kind of phobia. It's actually kind of a stupid argument if you think about it. Nobody has an actual phobia of gay people lol.
Not so much a comparmentalization as it is a theory. I don't genuinely know why they think that someone that is 25 years old is unable to make such a decision for themselves, but if they're scared that would make sense to me, so that's my running theory until a better one convinces me otherwise.

Because states can almost do what they want as long as it doesn't conflict with the Constitution. If you are such a logical thinker, then go think about how our country was designed. Things will start making more sense to you then.
I completely understand that, that's not the question. The question is why is 26 the age specifically? How is someone not adult enough at even 25 to make such a decision? Saying, well it's because states can do what they want, is not a reasonable answer to that question. Like if a state had a law that only at age 36 and a Half, can you purchase a gun... why did they make that a law specifically for that random age, when all other age related laws recognize people to be adults at age 21 or even 18? Just cuz they can is an awful explanation and really just exemplifies why choosing 26 to begin with is baffling.

I'll make it simple for you. If people can't use their Obamacare or Medicaid to pay for plastic surgery because they don't like their body, then they shouldn't be able to use it for plastic surgery for gender affirming care.
Aw, you're cute to think that repeating your awful explanation is going to convince me that that's the real reason here.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not so much a comparmentalization as it is a theory. I don't genuinely know why they think that someone that is 25 years old is unable to make such a decision for themselves, but if they're scared that would make sense to me, so that's my running theory until a better one convinces me otherwise.
If you were truly a logical thinker, you'd be able to come up with your own theory.
I completely understand that, that's not the question. The question is why is 26 the age specifically? How is someone not adult enough at even 25 to make such a decision? Saying, well it's because states can do what they want, is not a reasonable answer to that question. Like if a state had a law that only at age 36 and a Half, can you purchase a gun... why did they make that a law specifically for that random age, when all other age related laws recognize people to be adults at age 21 or even 18? Just cuz they can is an awful explanation and really just exemplifies why choosing 26 to begin with is baffling.
Because this is what the voters of Oklahoma voted for. Their representatives are representing them. I know it's hard to believe, but there are people who think differently than you do.
Aw, you're cute to think that repeating your awful explanation is going to convince me that that's the real reason here.
Gender affirming care is just a fancy word for plastic surgery. Both are done by people who want their bodies to look like they imagine it. Neither should be paid for by taxpayers.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were truly a logical thinker, you'd be able to come up with your own theory.
.... I did, it's my theory that they're proposing such an age based on fear from that which they don't understand. Could be wrong, but it's the theory that makes the most sense to me so far.

Because this is what the voters of Oklahoma voted for. Their representatives are representing them. I know it's hard to believe, but there are people who think differently than you do.
Yes, that's how it becomes a law. I'm not asking how 26 becomes the legal age in Oklahoma, I'm asking why it was the age they settled on? Did they just throw a dart at a board? What is the reasoning that one isn't smart enough to make such a decision about their own body until they're at least 26? Was there a study? If so, what was that study? I'd be fascinated to read it. Or are we just again pulling ages out of our ass, cuz that sure is what it feels like.

Gender affirming care is just a fancy word for plastic surgery. Both are done by people who want their bodies to look like they imagine it. Neither should be paid for by taxpayers.
Pretty sure gender affirming care can include the likes of therapy as well, I think it's kinda a large term that can mean a lot of things. I do believe plastic surgery can be a part of it, but it also doesn't have to be a part of it at all, depends on the person and their situation.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.... I did, it's my theory that they're proposing such an age based on fear from that which they don't understand. Could be wrong, but it's the theory that makes the most sense to me so far.
That's a dumb theory. Nobody is afraid of somebody else having a surgery.
Yes, that's how it becomes a law. I'm not asking how 26 becomes the legal age in Oklahoma, I'm asking why it was the age they settled on? Did they just throw a dart at a board? What is the reasoning that one isn't smart enough to make such a decision about their own body until they're at least 26? Was there a study? If so, what was that study? I'd be fascinated to read it. Or are we just again pulling ages out of our ass, cuz that sure is what it feels like.
And I explained it's what the voters of that state want. Voters in California don't mind paying for elective surgeries and places for people to shoot up heroin. At least the voters who have not fled for Arizona, Colorado and Texas.
Pretty sure gender affirming care can include the likes of therapy as well, I think it's kinda a large term that can mean a lot of things. I do believe plastic surgery can be a part of it, but it also doesn't have to be a part of it at all, depends on the person and their situation.
Wrong. Mental health is never mentioned as an option. Cutting breasts and penises off is the only answer with these people who push gender affirming care.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a dumb theory. Nobody is afraid of somebody else having a surgery.
Yeah it is pretty damn dumb, and yet it's still the most reasonable theory I've come across for the explanation.

And I explained it's what the voters of that state want. Voters in California don't mind paying for elective surgeries and places for people to shoot up heroin. At least the voters who have not fled for Arizona, Colorado and Texas.
But why is THAT AGE the specific age the voters want? Just because it is, isn't an answer. Certainly not a good one anyway. Tell me any type of reason that a 25 year old is unqualified to make the call while a 26 year old is beyond 'it's what they want,' or 'its what they voted for.' I don't care if it's the dumbest shit ever, just tell me where the number specifically comes from.

Wrong. Mental health is never mentioned as an option. Cutting breasts and penises off is the only answer with these people who push gender affirming care.
A simple look up on the internet of gender affirming care does indeed affirm that such care encompasses much more than plastic surgery and doesn't have to include plastic surgery at all. But if you want to not look it up, we can pretend your assertion on the matter is correct if it makes you feel better.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
Ah, you see, it’s big government to not abuse minorities and strip their rights away.
Joe Biden's America is going to take my Gas stoooove awaaaay! They're going to go into my house and rippp it outttt!
Reality:
FTC is considering on maaaaaybe banning gas stoves because it's linked to increase rates of asthma. Which probably would either involve replacing stoves over time and compensation or help paying for it. Or enforcing no new ones to be made.
Republicans' America: Women are just dumb and stupid, they can't decide if they should have an abortion, the state should do it instead. Statesss riiights and individual responsibility. in harmony at last.
21 year olds are old enough to drink, smoke, get Tattoos, but definitely not old enough to be trans. We care about science but only up to the point when it inconveniences us, then we call them all deep state. Buy my horsepills, my mug, and I own the libs tee shirt to show those liberals how owned they are for the low low price of 99.99$
We are small guberment.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it is pretty damn dumb, and yet it's still the most reasonable theory I've come across for the explanation.
It's only reasonable in your mind. You have zero proof that there is a fear out there. You just can't fathom that people actually disagree with you.
But why is THAT AGE the specific age the voters want? Just because it is, isn't an answer. Certainly not a good one anyway. Tell me any type of reason that a 25 year old is unqualified to make the call while a 26 year old is beyond 'it's what they want,' or 'its what they voted for.' I don't care if it's the dumbest shit ever, just tell me where the number specifically comes from.
Because Obamacare made 25 year old children and the people of Oklahoma do not want their tax dollars to pay for plastic surgery. Why can't you understand this?
A simple look up on the internet of gender affirming care does indeed affirm that such care encompasses much more than plastic surgery and doesn't have to include plastic surgery at all. But if you want to not look it up, we can pretend your assertion on the matter is correct if it makes you feel better.
Oh yeah, they also do hormone treatment. But nobody ever talks about mental health, except for people on the right. We mention it all the time and are called bigots for it.

AnimaKat4113

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
1673837923123.png

Reactions: sombrerosonic

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only reasonable in your mind. You have zero proof that there is a fear out there. You just can't fathom that people actually disagree with you.

Because Obamacare made 25 year old children and the people of Oklahoma do not want their tax dollars to pay for plastic surgery. Why can't you understand this?

Oh yeah, they also do hormone treatment. But nobody ever talks about mental health, except for people on the right. We mention it all the time and are called bigots for it.
Alright since you want to be humored, I'll do that for ya. You're totally right, 25 year olds just don't get life yet, ya know? Once they're 26, then everything just clicks, but only when they meet that special 9496th day. How didn't I see it before?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
35 years old to be president.

Why does @Nothereed rage topics keep appearing even though he said he was leaving. Reminds me of how @Lacius said he was going to quit every month but kept coming back. What is it with people pretending that they are morally upstanding but being full of shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Blue omelette
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    im gonna puke
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Laughing face + 2
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    finally, a zelda game where you play as zelda
    it only took 40 years
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @The Real Jdbye, They finally got the naming convention right.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now lets rename all of the old Zelda games to The Legend of Link. Lol.
    they kinda did that with zelda 2 at least it had link in the title
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: they kinda did that with zelda 2 at least it had link in the title +1