GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Kotaku (and others, I'm sure) got the word today -- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS will release in the U.S. on June 19, June 17 in Europe (you lucky bastards).

TW9X0NY4wCuRZldsq-s-H4_LWFexOMrj.jpg

It was also learned today (at least, I wasn't aware of it before today), via the Australian ratings board, that the game is being developed by Grezzo. They are responsible for making the WiiWare game (available only in Japan?) Line Attack Heroes. The company is led by Koichi Ishii (Mana series).

All I can say is, Samurai Warriors Chronicles was going to be my first official game purchase to sit alongside my 3DS next month, but it looks like I'll be holding out 'til June for something that promises to be just a wee bit better.

Screens:

bT5GC4sDEaq4hWHvnWmfesaj6L4kjGSm.jpg

g8CLf5NduZV36bIucieEVTOzrrMpTqm_.jpg

ogaITV4DO_I5IW_WCvULYlF6qxoAY-cs.jpg

9u-qJsha8ePHR7Qb1O6fOhil6YKWqlxp.jpg

6Pk1TAS1naaWlNW1_nEP74yUkZkqFcQT.jpg

7crvyOzE2VRop1_E8QzIPI3WTLl-pXb8.jpg

Screens Updated April 14, 2011:

screenshot_36397.jpg

screenshot_36396.jpg

screenshot_36395.jpg

Video:

[youtube]SJdJhsTV0yM[/youtube]

Grezzo?
Who the heck is that? When folks first heard a company named Grezzo was handling the makeover for OoT 3DS, the reaction was one of concern. But you might know them better than you think...

The company's founder is named Koichi Ishii, creator of the Mana series and director of the series' most renowned installment, Secret of Mana. He's also responsible for the creature creations moogle and chocobo. For more information on Grezzo and Ishii, check out their Wikipedia page.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Not quite. That Sheik looks terrible.
And aside from the shadowing, Epona doesn't look that much better either.

D

Deleted-188346

GeekyGuy said:
the game is being developed by Grezzo
This worries me. I was under the impression that Nintendo themselves were personally returning to rework this classic game.
Instead they've just passed it over to...Grezzo?
I highly doubt we'll be seeing anything additional in OoT 3DS now, aside from the controls and graphics.

desam57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never played the original, but ive heard so much praise for this game from my friends. im excited to get my hands on this game.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Blaaaaaah Whenever I look at those screens... I just don't like em. I know it's a bit of an improvement from the N64 version but they couldn't fix the "paper fences"? Sheik's fingers look like they've been sharpened very nicely also....

I'm hoping the final product will change this... I'll still be buying it but even something small like that could've been better , no?
[Just saying how I feel about this.]

loserkidsblink18

Trophies
Website
ryanmcnamara.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I've always been meaning to get the Hylian Royal Family crest tattooed on my back (not huge, but above my shoulder blade). I figured that I should go ahead and get it the day OOT 3D is released, as a tribute. For that AND the 25th anniversary. All the planets are aligned.
laugh.gif

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Puppy_Washer said:
GeekyGuy said:
This worries me. I was under the impression that Nintendo themselves were personally returning to rework this classic game.
I highly doubt we'll be seeing anything additional in OoT 3DS now, aside from the controls and graphics.

I'm pretty certain that even if this is the case, Nintendo wouldn't risk such a successful game and franchise from being messed up. Capcom have done ports of Zelda in the past which have been good, and after playing the OoT demo on the 3ds in Feb, I have no doubts as to how good this plays and how it will be.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Puppy_Washer said:
GeekyGuy said:

happy.gif

Yeah, I had never heard of the developer before, either, but after doing some investigating, I'm feeling a bit more confident. The company's founder, Koichi Ishii, was also the creator of the Mana series, and is credited as the director for Secret of Mana, among other projects. Either way, I'm sure nothing with the name Zelda on it is leaving Nintendo's front door without Miyamoto's stamp of approval.

If you look at Ishii's other works, if nothing else, most of those games were of a very high technical quality, regardless of whether or not they ended up being fun games. OoT is already completely mapped out. All Grezzo has to do, really, is bring it to 3DS with a new coat of paint -- Miyamoto wrote the song; they're just performing it.
wink.gif

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Wow, we get a console AND a game 2 days before America.
End of the world!!!

I'd rather they'd spend those 4 days on translating the last story though.
Lazy treehouse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol