21.8%
  3. It was just okay

142 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    51 Worldwide Games:
    Wait, is this by Nintendo actually? While watching the Direct I was like "Oh yeah, another one of those crappy board game collections by a crappy studio trying to fool some moms at the store looking to buy their kids games." but according to the eShop entry the developer and publisher is: Nintendo. Theoretically it shouldn't be that bad then huh?

Also ... wait a sec. Are there Miis?! Miis in a completely new Nintendo game? Wow, I thought they abandoned them. Only Mario Kart, Smash and Go Vacation support them on the Switch, am I right? I just wished Mario Party and Mario Tennis would have supported them too. I'm one of the very few people who love Miis.

2. fst312

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    51 world wide games, the club house games for the switch. I still might prefer club house games over this though.

3. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Disappointed... all those ports.. yet not one i wanted.. where is mario 3d world... or a metroid...
    Nintendo enters weak this year...so now what ?.. a proper direct on april ? or we just wait till digital e3 ? ...

4. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Addict

Austria
    I expect the next Metroid game to be unveiled during the digital E3 event.

5. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Thailand
    I thought I was going to be the only one excited by this. Depending on the price, of course.

The only thing my 3DS is used for these days is playing Yahtzee so I guess it'll go into full retirement once this comes out. Chess looks neat, too. I hope that has online.

Also air hockey, darts and bowling could all be fun, depending on how they're implemented

banjo2 likes this.
  6. Scarlet

Scarlet Reviewer of Reviews
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    It's £35 (prob 40 euro/dollar). It's kinda a lot, but idk. I feel like each of those games could easily be sold for £5 on the eShop, especially with the seal of quality you get with it being developed by Nintendo, but like... It's still a big price to stomach lol.

I'm pretty sure I'll end up buying it tho.

Pleng likes this.
  7. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ah.. I wish a new ace attorney got announced..

8. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    Every platform has its uptimes and downtimes, that's to be expected. If anything, that just shows how impulsive the audience is here on GBATemp - we got blasted by high tier releases on top of high tier releases for the last couple years, but the very moment developers decided to take it slowly and re-focus efforts for a while, everyone here is like, "NINTENDO IS GARBAGE, THIS IS AN EMBARRASSMENT, IMMA SELLING MY CONSOLE". :unsure:

Last edited by Pipistrele, Mar 27, 2020
    banjo2 likes this.
  9. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Fans being upset over no 1st party releases are 100% justified. You can't constantly suck Nintendo's dick dude, sometimes companies are fucking dumb. They do dumb shit we get angry, that's the way it goes.

10. Pleng

Pleng Custom Title

Thailand
    It does seem a lot. I think I'll put it on my watch list and hope it goes on sale

Last edited by Pleng, Apr 1, 2020 at 7:44 AM - Reason: Originally said "doesn't seem a lot" yay yay autocomplete
    Scarlet likes this.
  11. Agusto101

Agusto101 GBAtemp Regular

Guatemala
    Worst direct ever but it's understandable I guess.

12. RichardTheKing

Newcomer

Australia
    That was in the first two games. Other than how it takes place in a completely different world than Luxendarc, there's next to no "new" content featured yet.
    ...I wonder how this will fit into the Bravely lore...Bravely Second did have a cliffhanger at the very end...

Also, ARMS in SSBU. Yet another eye-roll slot filler. Never cared for the game.

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive; seems interesting to me, at least that new story content surrounding the Bionis shoulder. I suppose they had no choice but to keep the god-awful equipment and stat systems, despite how ridiculously complicated they are - Xenoblade 2 simplified it massively, and thus made it much less confusing and made it actually fun. Will they keep Custom difficulty, from XC2's DLC? Will they make hard-to-obtain items (like a certain black bean...) easier to get? How will they improve on Timed Quests?
    The original game was...quite flawed, gameplay-wise; I just hope this is better.

Pokemon Sword/Shield...don't make me vomit, please. There's still no news about just how many older Pokemon were brought back, when missing 488 of them (along with missing moves, like Return and Hidden Power, two very important moves) is completely unacceptable.
    Utterly disgusting; just dump them as the loads of trash they are and start working on an ACTUAL faithful Pokemon game, which isn't missing a significant amount of content.

Lastly, 2K games. Abhorred company that, along with EA, helped make loot boxes and other predatory monetisation tactics mainstream through sports games. They're also owned by Take-Two, which owns GTA V, which is also sickeningly infested with monetisation (at least, the multiplayer is). Fuck. Off. 2K.

13. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    Being butthurt over relatively short inactivity period after several years of GOAT contenders and non-stop support from all sides comes off as spoiled, if anything. Like, folks, you already got S-tier Zelda, Mario, Fire Emblem, Smash, Splatoon, Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing entries, all in a span of 2-3 years and with a ton of good minor titles in-between - what are you guys even whining about at this point? Sure, they can rush their production to appease the "give us first party every couple months" crowd, but that didn't work well for Sword & Shield, for example.

Last edited by Pipistrele, Mar 27, 2020
    medoli900 likes this.
  14. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm happy about burnout.
    I always thought it's one of the games the switch really needs

15. Kadji

Kadji GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Hyped:
    - 51 world wide games (finaly a GOOD japanese Mahjongg game...please let it be playable online!)
    - Mr Driller Drill Land (even though it's a port of a Gamecube game from 2002 we never got this in Europe, so I am hyped for this, love the series)
    - Catherine Full Body (Loved the original one on PS3, never played full body on PS4 so this is a must buy for me)

Good:
    - Bravely Default II (Art-Style is a bit boring, I expected more / better graphics, looks almost like upscaled 3DS)
    - Panzer Dragoon remake (Totaly forgot about that game, never played the original, so I am happy with the release)
    - That free2play game (forgot the name but looked interesting)

Meh / don't care:
    - All the other titles that were shown

16. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Why don't you find out the name otherwise youl never kno when it's released :lol:

17. Kadji

Kadji GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Sitting at work right now and don't have time to look up the name :P

18. frankGT

frankGT GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    No Paper Mario, no fun!

19. Ninn

Ninn GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    Where do you get your information from, fantasy island? Says "60FPS" within the first 10 seconds.

banjo2 likes this.
  20. Hadrian

Hadrian Everybofy knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!
    Former Staff

United States
    God fooking dammit! Still no Sheriff sequel.

:(

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, roundup, Direct