Hardware Baseless Nintendo NX speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing console games on the go isn't good enough for you?...

I know a wiiu when i see one, and that things the wiiu2... the SCD looks just like an encased graphics cards and the games are nothing new. I need to see the price, if its like $200 then im all in

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a wiiu when i see one, and that things the wiiu2... the SCD looks just like an encased graphics cards and the games are nothing new. I need to see the price, if its like $200 then im all in
Check the trailer again, look at that Mario Aliasing World.

Not this shit again Nintendo. Another underpowered gimmick so now you can play Wii U ports on the Go....

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My 2 cents: I have no fucking idea why Nintendo would waste time and money on their "next home console" with weak, custom mobile hardware made by a company who hates console gaming when your aggressive competition is getting way better deals from AMD/ATI.

Are the casuals seriously worth this much? Risking even the whole company's fate?
AMD don't offer the best mobile for the moment. I do't like the button layout much but the ability for local 2p with one pad genius. Now more on the hardware cause dock is too small to implement hardware?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

tarumbo83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm super hyped and optimistic for the Switch, honestly being the kind of fan I am I'd buy it even if it was just an extra-spec Wii U but this new feature is really nice (and useful for me since I move around a lot) and I think it'll get in a much wider audience. My only concern is the weak hardware, it seems to consistently hold Nintendo systems back and this seems to be no different, I imagine quite a few people will be turned away if it's only as powerful or a tad more as the Wii U.

Reactions: Pachee

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm super hyped and optimistic for the Switch, honestly being the kind of fan I am I'd buy it even if it was just an extra-spec Wii U but this new feature is really nice (and useful for me since I move around a lot) and I think it'll get in a much wider audience. My only concern is the weak hardware, it seems to consistently hold Nintendo systems back and this seems to be no different, I imagine quite a few people will be turned away if it's only as powerful or a tad more as the Wii U.

its not goin to be weak hardware, we saw multiplayer on the tablet. BUT, its basically what people thought the wiiu shouldve been, i see nothing special about it except it has the power people expected for the wiiu

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

AMD don't offer the best mobile for the moment. I do't like the button layout much but the ability for local 2p with one pad genius. Now more on the hardware cause dock is too small to implement hardware?

the scd looks like an encased gpu as i said before, but the tablet or whatever TF it is, is the size of a slimmed down wiiu console

tarumbo83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not goin to be weak hardware, we saw multiplayer on the tablet. BUT, its basically what people thought the wiiu shouldve been, i see nothing special about it except it has the power people expected for the wiiu
Multiplayer doesn't necessarily mean good hardware. If they have to cut back on graphics and the like for it it could still be underwhelming hardware. Regardless, I'd be surprised if the Switch matches the power of the PS4, let alone whatever Sony and MS have for next gen. I still love it though and I hope the hardware is overlooked. Based on that trailer there seems to be a lot good about it.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiplayer doesn't necessarily mean good hardware. If they have to cut back on graphics and the like for it it could still be underwhelming hardware. Regardless, I'd be surprised if the Switch matches the power of the PS4, let alone whatever Sony and MS have for next gen. I still love it though and I hope the hardware is overlooked. Based on that trailer there seems to be a lot good about it.

im sue its powerful because all the devs loved it. now the issues of online play and all the other feature to make it on par were never revealed. So far, its the wiiu1.5

tarumbo83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sue its powerful because all the devs loved it. now the issues of online play and all the other feature to make it on par were never revealed. So far, its the wiiu1.5
From what I heard the devs loved it because of how unique it is (which is true, and why I think it'll succeed anyways), the specs still might be underwhelming. This doesn't bother me and probably most other Nintendo fans but the PS4/Xbox/PC crowd mainly dislikes Nintendo for being "last gen" in their specs so that won't help the sales of the Switch. I still see it being a success though, I'm sure many people will be excited about the ability to play home console games on the go, Skyrim in particular from that trailer.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm quite happy it didn't turn out to be a standard home console. Leave that shit to Son¥ and Micro$oft.

FUKK, i was hoping for a visual innovation but this thing is that thing that was posted by everyone else a few weeks back. I dont know what to think, so many questions unanswered (hopefully)

tarumbo83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm quite happy it didn't turn out to be a standard home console. Leave that shit to Son¥ and Micro$oft.
I think the best thing about Nintendo's recent efforts (the DS and since that) is that instead of just making a standard generic console like the rest, they innovate and dip their toe into new things (motion controls, dual screens, etc.) It really sets Nintendo stuff apart and even though Nintendo has a sour reputation in the crowd that likes the generic consoles it's undeniable that Nintendo doesn't try to innovate instead of just make a generic new buffed-up console every year. This does come at the price of a potential demographic (one that wants power over gimmicks) but it has proven to work well for them as we can see by, well, every console but the Wii U. And besides, the Switch's gimmick (portable play) is just what the Wii U one should have been in the first place, so that's a good sign.

Reactions: FrozenDragon150

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I heard the devs loved it because of how unique it is (which is true, and why I think it'll succeed anyways), the specs still might be underwhelming. This doesn't bother me and probably most other Nintendo fans but the PS4/Xbox/PC crowd mainly dislikes Nintendo for being "last gen" in their specs so that won't help the sales of the Switch. I still see it being a success though, I'm sure many people will be excited about the ability to play home console games on the go, Skyrim in particular from that trailer.

UGH, its the WiiU1.5, they only thing they corrected was the power and the ability to take the gamepad away further than 5ft. Thats exactly what it is, its a GAMEPAD. AGAIN... And the question thats needs to be asked is, "they they integrate a better online system into the wiiu?" I dont know because isnt that why EA left in the first place? they left because there was no online envirment to play games like madden, fifa, call of duty. Its alarming because EA still hasnt stepped onboard the wiiu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning