Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

sorewinner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the help. I asked the wrong question, though. The config.xml file for DarkCORP lists which IOS get replaced and which patches. My question should have been, "what IOS detect that the disc is a backup?" Any help?
smile.gif

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
brausm08 said:
Donkey Plonk said:
sorewinner said:
Can someone explain exactly what gets changed by DarkCORP that allows a backup to boot from the disc channel without giving the error.. message? I mean, exactly which IOS? I'd rather not reinstall DarkCORP since I keep my IOS completely current, and the 1.1 installer uses some older versions.
EVERYTHING is changed by Darkcorp.
Every IOS is bugged.
DarkCORP only modifies IOSes as they relate to disc launching....not all IOSes are game launch related, therefore not ALL IOSes are modified....
Apologies. Never used darkcorp, tried cioscorp originally, now that modified pretty much everything. Assumed dark had gone along the same lines. OK, so rather a lot of IOS' are modified

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
sorewinner said:
Thanks for the help. I asked the wrong question, though. The config.xml file for DarkCORP lists which IOS get replaced and which patches. My question should have been, "what IOS detect that the disc is a backup?" Any help?
smile.gif
The system menu ios is the main one that needs patching to make backup launching from the disc channel, but then whatever ios that launches into will need to be bugged too I believe, not 100% but pretty sure on that.

And the system menu ios depends on what version you have. 4.3 is ios80, 4.2 ios 70 (I think, can't remember the rest, too damn many, its on wiibrew I think)

Harry_dg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I have a quick question:
I just got the Rock Band 3 PRO Guitar (Squier) and am having trouble getting it to connect. I am using Configurable USB loader to load Rock Band 3. I am pretty sure the problem is that I don't have the right cIOS for the USB instruments. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Harry_dg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had never heard of uneek+di. I've been away from the wii hacking scene for a while
frown.gif

Googling still leaves me a bit confused, what is it exactly?

EDIT: Scratch that. I kinda get it now. It seems like it's going to be a huge pain in the ass to install over my previously hacked wii with HBC, waninkoko's cIOS (can't remember which version... might be 20) and hackmii. Am I just reading it wrong? I hope there's a relatively way to install this.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I had never heard of uneek+di. I've been away from the wii hacking scene for a while frown.gif

There are 4 variations referenced as SNEEK, SNEEK+DI, UNEEK, UNEEK+DI. These are emulated Nands and how it works is when properly setup your Wii will not boot its self up but will boot one of these emulated Nands
smile.gif
this provides very minimum bricks by user as anything done or saved to while in these emulated nands is saved to the Nand and not the initial Wii it self. There are other users who could give you a better explanation but this is good for now. (On a side not non-sdhc card of 2g or below worked better for me, but i have BootMii as boot2; most have BootMii as IOS)

If you look the only difference in names is the (S) or (U) in front of the NEEK or NEEK+DI, these are referencing where the emulated Nand is ran from SD card or USB drive. Each serves it's own purpose one supporting something the other does not.

I would grab ModMii off the forums here, cause you can create all your files necessary for SNEEK, SNEEK+DI, UNEEK, UNEEK+DI. ModMii can also batch convert all your .ISO or .WBFS file extension games into the proper format required for the +DI version of UNEEK or SNEEK.

If you run games off a usb drive I would recommend using the +DI version as these allow USB loading and very simple as that
smile.gif
while the regular version which I have not used, I know does not allow this feature. Like I said ModMii has a great explanation of each one when setting it up.

You may also like to look at SneekyCompiler on these forums. Seeing as ModMii works great I could not get it to make the proper files to run SNEEK or UNEEK. However that was the only problem I had, ModMii did a wonderful job making a Virgin Nand of System Menu 4.2 & 4.3 also you dont really need to have homebrew channel installed unless you want to have access to homebrew apps which your dont really need to run your games from USB anyways.

Basicly I used SneekyCompiler to make the proper UNEEK+DI files and used ModMii to make the proper Virgin 4.3u Nand and batch convert all my .WBFS games to the proper format.

What you will need:
Preferably a 2g(non-sdhc) but most should work I cant say for sure.
BootMii as either boot2 or as IOS.

If bootmii as boot2 it should boot up automaticaly when you turn on console if files are where they suppose to be in either SD or USB. If bootmii is as IOS you will need to use Priiloader (anyversion should do) and autoboot into bootmii as IOS or use a channel shortcut; there are some channels for SNEEK around the forums.

A nand dump however i could never get mine to work so i use a virgin nand.

Something to note is hbc v1.08 does not work with emulated only v1.07 and below but hackmiiinstaller for v.107 is easy to file with good or filestube dot com.

I will say this again you do not need homebrew to boot games from USB while running SNEEK+DI or UNEEK+DI.

This is all relativly new to me as well as I bought a 2g sandisk card cause my Transcend miniSDHC 4g card did not work (then again SDHC is not compatible with bootmii as boot2, or at least compatibility is low). So i got all this working the other day and i have to say it works great. If you have problems getting the on there just make a 4.2 Virgin Nand and use the Bannerbomb v2 trick to load up your homebrew choice you want. To do this simple rename the boot.elf in root of SD card to what ever i renamed mine to boot.elf_bootmii so as to reconize it and then take the homebrew app you want to run instead like MultiModManager for instance and copy it's boot.dol to the root of your SD card and not sure if it's needed but i renamed it from boot.dol to boot.elf and when you boot up the exploit it will load MultiModManager instead
smile.gif
you can do this with any homebrew app. Also i suggest looking into JoyFlow, i dont know much about it but it seems like it's going to be good.

If I misinformed anything, please correct me but it should all be good and easily understood.

Harry_dg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! I can honestly say I was not expecting a giant, helpful post like that. Thanks a lot!

If I'm reading this right, I don't have to worry about any hacks I've already done to my wii? I do have bootmii installed as boot2 already, as well as a 2GB non-SDHC card. I'm going to look into all of this over the weekend. I'll come back here if I have any questions. Thanks again!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
FYI, I'm going to be putting out an update to ModMii once enough people have tested and confirmed some new features are working correctly (so hopefully in the next day or 2). But one of the changes (which has already been thoroughly tested) is how ModMii builds s/uneek. It will now work for everyone instead of just some people.

Wiilorian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just joined this amazing gbatemp forums and i have few noobiish questions for you hardcore Wii owners. So i heard that i can't make a nand backup copy of my Wii if my Wii has the following serial number
LU1114XXXXX. My Wii has the 3.4U firmware and i have 4gb memory card and what i'm trying to do here, is to get the 4.2U update and hb-channel.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You heard wrong, just use one of the stickies in the Wii Hacking forum to do what you want. I recommend ModMii.
Cheers

PS. you may run into problems with SDHC cards, so if your 4GB card is SDHC (which is most likely), you should grab a smaller SD card (maybe 2GB), I recommend Sandisk, it has the best compatability with everything.

Wiilorian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
You heard wrong, just use one of the stickies in the Wii Hacking forum to do what you want. I recommend ModMii.
Cheers

PS. you may run into problems with SDHC cards, so if your 4GB card is SDHC (which is most likely), you should grab a smaller SD card (maybe 2GB), I recommend Sandisk, it has the best compatability with everything.

So if i do something wrong to it, so i can unbrick my Wii from the nandbackup from the boot2?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiilorian said:
XFlak said:
Cheers

So if i do something wrong to it, so i can unbrick my Wii from the nandbackup from the boot2?
All depends on if your wii can install bootmii as boot2. Older ones can, post 2008 roughly, cant.
But with a combination of bootmii as IOS and priiloader, you can be fairly safe and recover most issues.

That said, follow modmii properly and you should not have problems with bricking.

Don't mess with custom themes and channels either unless using nand emulation (sneek), that is the only real safe way for someone new to wiis. Themes/Channels on your genuine nand is like sex without a condom, could go fine, but could end up in big problems.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about hbc and uneek+di, i installed hbcv1.07 from and dumped my wii nand, also i have used BlueDump to dump the said hbc and still it takes me to a black screen on my emulated uneek+di nand.

When i extract hbc from my wii dump it shows some funky characters like hbcv1.08 does. Yet when i install the hbc via wad from blue dump it goes to black screen.

Any help on this issue.

Natx15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi...i don't know where ask this...think is a little noob question. here i go..

How can i know wich IOS is needed for a game to work?
For example, i know No More Heroes need IOS21. MadWorld IOS53 and The Conduit IOS55...i know, i can use WiiScrubber, right?...but what i need to search?...only an *.iso have a lot of IOS inside...

tengig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have my 3.2 firmwared wii softmodded with bennerbomber or whatever its called and i have homebrew done and all the little nice things like dvdx and all that jazz and i use coverfloader v 1.2a. the no internet version of it and i am trying to get metroid prime trilogy to work i have found a coule gfuides and even one on here and i folow it but i still cant seem to get it working is there a way some one can possibly explain it a little easyer or somthing i guess my trouble is in where i put my alternate .dol files and when i have to rename them and when to do the save if any one could help it would begreatly apreciates
p.s. i have all current revisions of the required ios files

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@tengig you should just put your alt.dol file in the usb-loader folder if im not mistaken it will auto find it in usb loader. I would switch to a version of sneek i find it easier then using usb loaders.

QUOTE said:
I had never heard of uneek+di. I've been away from the wii hacking scene for a while frown.gif

There are 4 variations referenced as SNEEK, SNEEK+DI, UNEEK, UNEEK+DI. These are emulated Nands and how it works is when properly setup your Wii will not boot its self up but will boot one of these emulated Nands smile.gif this provides very minimum bricks by user as anything done or saved to while in these emulated nands is saved to the Nand and not the initial Wii it self. There are other users who could give you a better explanation but this is good for now. (On a side not non-sdhc card of 2g or below worked better for me, but i have BootMii as boot2; most have BootMii as IOS)

If you look the only difference in names is the (S) or (U) in front of the NEEK or NEEK+DI, these are referencing where the emulated Nand is ran from SD card or USB drive. Each serves it's own purpose one supporting something the other does not.

I would grab ModMii off the forums here, cause you can create all your files necessary for SNEEK, SNEEK+DI, UNEEK, UNEEK+DI. ModMii can also batch convert all your .ISO or .WBFS file extension games into the proper format required for the +DI version of UNEEK or SNEEK.

If you run games off a usb drive I would recommend using the +DI version as these allow USB loading and very simple as that smile.gif while the regular version which I have not used, I know does not allow this feature. Like I said ModMii has a great explanation of each one when setting it up.

You may also like to look at SneekyCompiler on these forums. Seeing as ModMii works great I could not get it to make the proper files to run SNEEK or UNEEK. However that was the only problem I had, ModMii did a wonderful job making a Virgin Nand of System Menu 4.2 & 4.3 also you dont really need to have homebrew channel installed unless you want to have access to homebrew apps which your dont really need to run your games from USB anyways.

Basicly I used SneekyCompiler to make the proper UNEEK+DI files and used ModMii to make the proper Virgin 4.3u Nand and batch convert all my .WBFS games to the proper format.

What you will need:
Preferably a 2g(non-sdhc) but most should work I cant say for sure.
BootMii as either boot2 or as IOS.

If bootmii as boot2 it should boot up automaticaly when you turn on console if files are where they suppose to be in either SD or USB. If bootmii is as IOS you will need to use Priiloader (anyversion should do) and autoboot into bootmii as IOS or use a channel shortcut; there are some channels for SNEEK around the forums.

A nand dump however i could never get mine to work so i use a virgin nand.

Something to note is hbc v1.08 does not work with emulated only v1.07 and below but hackmiiinstaller for v.107 is easy to file with good or filestube dot com.

I will say this again you do not need homebrew to boot games from USB while running SNEEK+DI or UNEEK+DI.

This is all relativly new to me as well as I bought a 2g sandisk card cause my Transcend miniSDHC 4g card did not work (then again SDHC is not compatible with bootmii as boot2, or at least compatibility is low). So i got all this working the other day and i have to say it works great. If you have problems getting the on there just make a 4.2 Virgin Nand and use the Bannerbomb v2 trick to load up your homebrew choice you want. To do this simple rename the boot.elf in root of SD card to what ever i renamed mine to boot.elf_bootmii so as to reconize it and then take the homebrew app you want to run instead like MultiModManager for instance and copy it's boot.dol to the root of your SD card and not sure if it's needed but i renamed it from boot.dol to boot.elf and when you boot up the exploit it will load MultiModManager instead smile.gif you can do this with any homebrew app. Also i suggest looking into JoyFlow, i dont know much about it but it seems like it's going to be good.

If I misinformed anything, please correct me but it should all be good and easily understood.

infiniD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello good people.

I am here because I am having a lot of problems with my Wii. It's an old white one, and I softmodded it probably about 8 months ago. Anyway, recently my nephew has been asking about playing the wii because I haven't even used it in the past few months. So I figured sure why not, I'll just reset the wii via the options menu and all will be dandy. So I do this and go to update it to the newest version (games wouldn't let me play them without doing this). It doesn't download the updates. It gives me the error code: 32004 . It definitely has nothing to do with my internet. I don't know where the USB stick is that I originally used to mod it with, but I do have the SD card I used.

My goal is to get it back to factory default and be able to update it fully.

Thanks for the help
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo