Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
MaxNuker said:
this must be the most noob question ever but im new here and i dont know how to do it...

i own a wii, gotta check the firmware version but its an old one... i wanted to know what i need to buy / use / whatever, to get my wii loading back ups and everything :b

Look up Modmii in the stickies. It will tell you what you need and walk you through everything

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
i didnt understand the post at 100% ( the mod mii one ) but as far as i saw, i dont need to buy anything to solder inside the wii? just need to run that program and follow the instructions? is that easy?

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
thx, i gotta try to do it, i think the wii is already off the warranty.. but i have to purchase one of those games 1st?i dont own any of them... the wii was from my brother... and we never played it that much, but now knowing all those cool games that exists for wii, i want to softmod it... xD

Beadon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 4.3U, I used NUSD to download a fakesigned, nand permission IOS80 (the one the system menu uses)

Will it brick the wii?

Beadon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
ummm, NUSD does not download fakesigned IOSs... u sure u didn't use ModMii or some other tool?

If it is a patched IOS80 from a reliable app, then it is safe to install.
NUS downloader if you check patch IOS. I checked "fakesign, es_identitiy, and nand"

Sorry, I think fakesigned and trucha are the same thing :\

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
oh... I guess it's been awhile since i used nus downloader. It should be safe to use, that app is highly respected and used by many... that being said, I haven't ever personally used it to patch an IOS so I can't say if it will work from personal experience. However, I have installed ModMii's patched IOS80 many times successfully, but chances are good that both tools will yield the exact same results.

FYI, patching your SM IOS only gives one benefit, which is to be able to copy pirated wiiware/vc to the SD card menu. If you don't think u will be requiring this 'feature' then u don't need to install a patched IOS80, your non-fakesigned IOS80 that u currently have installed will suffice.

Beadon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
oh... I guess it's been awhile since i used nus downloader. It should be safe to use, that app is highly respected and used by many... that being said, I haven't ever personally used it to patch an IOS so I can't say if it will work from personal experience. However, I have installed ModMii's patched IOS80 many times successfully, but chances are good that both tools will yield the exact same results.

FYI, patching your SM IOS only gives one benefit, which is to be able to copy pirated wiiware/vc to the SD card menu. If you don't think u will be requiring this 'feature' then u don't need to install a patched IOS80, your non-fakesigned IOS80 that u currently have installed will suffice.
Its nothing about piracy, I read I could load fakesigned disks.

Except I have a D3B drive
glare.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if you're wii is capable of reading backup discs. All u need is a cIOS and neogamma (or cfg usb loader, or wiiflow, or any number of other tools that can read backup discs using a cIOS), that's all.

If you want to be able to play backup discs from the disc channel, a patched SM IOS is not enough, u need darkcorp. If you decide to go the darkcorp route, be sure to read up on all the risks found in the darkcorp read me before proceeding to determine if darkcorp is right for u.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
M1r0 said:
Is there any way of redirecting the disc channel to launch something other than the disc?
No.
You can put a different channel in its place by using hacks with priiloader I believe, but you can't give the official disc channel any different functionality, other than getting it to launch backups

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, then is there any way to make a wad have a channel that changes in response to certain circumstances? Like a disc being put in?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
M1r0 said:
Okay, then is there any way to make a wad have a channel that changes in response to certain circumstances? Like a disc being put in?
No, lol

To be fair, what in the hell else would you rather it do when you put a disc in that try to use said disc?
Really can't understand what you're trying to accomplish

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Donkey Plonk said:
You can put a different channel in its place by using hacks with priiloader I believe, but you can't give the official disc channel any different functionality, other than getting it to launch backups
not trueQUOTE(M1r0 @ Mar 23 2011, 11:35 PM) Meh... Doesn't darkcorp or something make it possible to change where disc channel redirects?
No

You may want to check out my neogamma autoboot mod. It will launch whatever disc u have in the wii without taking u to the neogamma menu. And if u ever need to access the menu, u can hit any button right after launching the channel to bring up the menu.

But what ur asking for generally just cannot be done. The disc channel is a part of the system menu itself.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
Donkey Plonk said:
not true
Huh? Which part?

I thought you could always move the Disc Channel around by enabling the "Move Disc Channel" hack in Priiloader. That way you can place any other channel in it's original place in the Top-Left most SM channel slot. Is this no longer true?

And while I'll agree it is rendered useless with the plethora of Error002 affected games and such, but you could patch the SM to use cIOS249 and patch it to load cIOS249 for every game again using Priiloader allowing you to run certain backups from the Disc Channel. Essentially changing its functionality as Donkey Plonk put it. Can more be done?

Both are true from what I remember....No? Please clarify.

-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA-vTRfE_x0