XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ur Q doesn't make sense... u can't say that a Wii's HAS or doesn't HAVE ahbprot, but some apps can USE ahbprot. And cIOS installers generally don't even have using ahbprot as an option... but I'll stop being a d*ck now and just answer the question u meant to ask
biggrin.gif

on a virgin 4.3Wii, u need ahbprot to install a patched IOS... ie. IOS236, then u don't need ahbprot anymore to install anything else, u just use the patched IOS. Anyways, u don't need to worry about using apps like IOS236 Installer cuz it doesn't even attempt to modify any critical system files, just IOS236 which isn't even used in normal wii functions

@PPSainity, I thought u meant something entirely different... by putting another channel in the disc channel's place I thought u meant u would actually start the disc channel and have it load something else. You are correct in all that u said in your last post
biggrin.gif
Also, adding to your point of forcing the disc channel to start games using a different cIOS, u can even use a very very very old app, I think its called generic wii patcher, to patch a disc image to use a specific IOS of your choosing... ie. IOS249... but that is not a very elegant solution so I don't even know why I mentioned it, lol.

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AHBPROT comes packaged with the HBC right? I was wondering that if you didn't have HBC installed (and therefore AHBPROT) would you be able to install a cIOS. I have read about alternate IOS patches and I was wondering if any of these were public and could be used instead AHBPROT. For example, I know that Hackmii installer must have some way of getting HBC onto the wii, probably by using a IOS exploit.

Also, I keep on getting a black screen when starting Bootmii to launch sneek, any idea why? It was installed when I had 4.2, and I didn't update when I got to 4.3.

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update homebrew channel to 1.0.8., but you shouldn't need to update. It just takes away, doesn't add. If it's because you want to play a game, then install priiloader (not preloader!), and block disc updates.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Beadon said:
What does the GX mean in some apps?
Ported from gamecube?

Im kinda curious.
Pretty sure its to do with graphics and guis.
When apps started getting better GUI's it was when GX was developed. Pretty sure there is like a GX library that helps with the coding side of things to make gui's easily creatable, something along those lines.

Fuck all to do with gamecube

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been awhile since I've checked the Wii scene. Is there a usb loader that can load GC games? If so what is needed (programs or hardware).

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u can buy an sd gecko and use sdboot by emukid (name of app may have changed, can't remember)

or u can buy a wode

there was an project with terrible compatibility called dios mios, which was an addition to s/uneek+di, but the project was closed down. This was the only solution to work without any extra hardware, but as I said, compatibility is terrible, I think it could only play 1 or 2 games w/out audio.

edit: u can find more info here:
http://gbatemp.net/t284938-playing-gamecube-on-wii

Beadon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
u can buy an sd gecko and use sdboot by emukid (name of app may have changed, can't remember)

or u can buy a wode

there was an project with terrible compatibility called dios mios, which was an addition to s/uneek+di, but the project was closed down. This was the only solution to work without any extra hardware, but as I said, compatibility is terrible, I think it could only play 1 or 2 games w/out audio.

edit: u can find more info here:
http://gbatemp.net/t284938-playing-gamecube-on-wii
It is kinda possible, with cMIOS. But a USB Loader with gamecube support would be very nice
unsure.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I softmodded my Wii the other day, I accidentally created a back up of the HBC. What is the safest way to remove that?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
GeekyGuy said:
When I softmodded my Wii the other day, I accidentally created a back up of the HBC. What is the safest way to remove that?
I don't understand... what do u mean u created a backup of the HBC? You copied it to the SD card menu or something?

Ah, nah. Somehow, when I was doing the hacking process for the softmod, I made a duplicate of the HBC on the system menu. I don't use those apps too often, since this was only my second time doing a softmod, but I think I was in Priiloader when I did it. Can't recall, though.

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
kylster said:
I honestly cant help you much cause i never used hermes external dvd emulation. One option I may be able to suggest is for you to temp. transfer the file to your SD card seeing as it should be around 500MB or below very small game and should fit on a standard SD card
smile.gif
and play it using another USB loader. WiiFlow and CFG Loader are great choices.

If you do this grab a copy of WiiBackupManager off the forums here and transfer your .iso into .wbfs. That is different then the actual formatting to WBFS but this is a extension compatible with FAT32.

Copy wbfs/GAME [ID]/GAME.wbfs to root of SD and it should work. If not then it may be a bad copy. This shouldnt take much time maybe 20secs to convert that game to .wbfs extension then it's just about where to be lazy or not which i know some of us are at times LoL. Sorry but this is the only thing i could think of atm.

So, I made this test: created a disc iso from my burned copy, tested it with W.i.U 1.1 (http://filetrip.net/f9144-W-i-U-1-1.html) and, guess what?, it said bad dump! Amazing!
No wonder I was having problems inside Goron Mines.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
GeekyGuy said:
XFlak said:
GeekyGuy said:
I don't understand... what do u mean u created a backup of the HBC? You copied it to the SD card menu or something?

Ah, nah. Somehow, when I was doing the hacking process for the softmod, I made a duplicate of the HBC on the system menu. I don't use those apps too often, since this was only my second time doing a softmod, but I think I was in Priiloader when I did it. Can't recall, though.
That doesn't make sense to me... here are some things that u could have done.

It would be impossible for u to have 2 of the same version of HBC installed at the same time, because they share the same title ID, they would occupy the same space (ie. the second install would overwrite the first)

You may have installed the new homebrew channel, which removes all the old homebrew channels, so for you to have 2 HBCs, you might have accidentally reinstalled an older version of the HBC... so in theory u could have 2 or 3 HBCs, one that is v1.05 or under (titleID=HAXX ), another that is v1.06 (titleID=JODI) and one that is 1.07 or higher (titleID=....)

Another possibility is that you installed the HBC and a forwarder channel (ie. HAXX to JODI forwarder channel, or neorame's dark homebrew channel forwarder, etc.)

That's all I can think of... but like I said, there is NO WAY u have two HBC's installed that are the same version

M1r0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would happen if in IOS 236 installer, I specified a channel Wad as the IOS wad? Would it install correctly?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
sounds like that is a mod of neorame's dark homebrew channel, delete it if u want, u only need the official HBC

Alright, so what's the best way to safely remove it? Wad Manager 1.7 perhaps? Not even sure of the best path if using WM 1.7, since I don't think the HBC is on my SD card any longer. The walkthrough I use has you format the SD about three times throughout the softmod process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1