Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

truzza

Trophies
XP
Country
longtom1 said:
it's a new type of error 002 there's a few games which have it now just use neogamma
thanks
smile.gif

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
charlieg said:
i had Neogamma R7 doing that, to enter in the menu before loading the game i hold the 1 button and it entered in the menu, but when i clicked on Start button it run.. i hope to find a way to do that in R8 beta 15 ..

why not post it in the neogamma thread so that your question will be acknowledged, not here. go to backup loading section and you will have more info there regarding neogamma.

ultaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
xzxero said:
ultaman said:
Hi there ppl!, i just gotten my first Wii (NTSC J) which its on NeoGamma R7 RC4, IOS249 (Rev14) not long ago.

I noticed i can't go into "Wii Settings" (once i click the it, it goes into some webpage), i heard this happened when its modded and something abt need to upgrade/downgrade the firmware?..

Can anyone here share some light into this?..

Thanks for those who replied
wink.gif

Cheers
smile.gif
are you running the system menu IOS using IOS249?
Shld be, here its what i gotten on my NeoGamma's menu :-
NeoGamma R7 RC4, IOS249 (Rev14)

Any idea?...

Cheers
smile.gif

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ultaman said:
xzxero said:
ultaman said:
Hi there ppl!, i just gotten my first Wii (NTSC J) which its on NeoGamma R7 RC4, IOS249 (Rev14) not long ago.

I noticed i can't go into "Wii Settings" (once i click the it, it goes into some webpage), i heard this happened when its modded and something abt need to upgrade/downgrade the firmware?..

Can anyone here share some light into this?..

Thanks for those who replied
wink.gif

Cheers
smile.gif
are you running the system menu IOS using IOS249?
Shld be, here its what i gotten on my NeoGamma's menu :-
NeoGamma R7 RC4, IOS249 (Rev14)

Any idea?...
Cheers
smile.gif
must be preloader setting.

edit: sorry i misread i though wii system menu.

ItsXamot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys

here is my situation:

i had a friend softmod my wii a while ago (probably back in February or march of 2009) i don't know what was installed and what was not installed. however, i do have the homebrew channel currently.

currently, i can't play many of the more recent games (such as, muramasa, new mario bros, guilty gear and king of fighters) and i'm not sure why.

right now i have a 3.4U wii and it keeps prompting me to update my wii system.

is there anyone who can point me in the right direction in terms of how i can restore my wii to pre-mod stage and then follow one of the gba temp guides to do a new softmod? Or is it possible to keep my 3.4U softmodded wii without any uninstalling and make it compatible with the newer games?

i don't use a usb external hard drive, so right now all my games are discs (not sure if this information is necessary)

sorry, im really bad at this stuff. i appreciate any input.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ItsXamot said:
hi guys

here is my situation:

i had a friend softmod my wii a while ago (probably back in February or march of 2009) i don't know what was installed and what was not installed. however, i do have the homebrew channel currently.

currently, i can't play many of the more recent games (such as, muramasa, new mario bros, guilty gear and king of fighters) and i'm not sure why.

right now i have a 3.4U wii and it keeps prompting me to update my wii system.

is there anyone who can point me in the right direction in terms of how i can restore my wii to pre-mod stage and then follow one of the gba temp guides to do a new softmod? Or is it possible to keep my 3.4U softmodded wii without any uninstalling and make it compatible with the newer games?

i don't use a usb external hard drive, so right now all my games are discs (not sure if this information is necessary)

sorry, im really bad at this stuff. i appreciate any input.
you should look here then: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/home

you don't have to uninstall to be updated. new ios will just overwrite your old ios by the softmod update that you will be doing. the link covers everything you need.

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a safe way to cancel an installation of a game when its being installed in the usb loader? Right now im installing rockband 2 via a disc and its taking too long and i want to play new super mario bros wii. Is there a safe way to cancel the rock band installation?

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tj_cool said:
Kkolko said:
Is it possible to make a new Wii (with bootmii only as IOS) completely brick proof without a GC controller?
no

the closest you'll get is preloader
Thanks for the quick answer, I guess I'm going to have to try and find a GC controller
smile.gif

Ratmando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to install the latest version of GeckoOS as a channel?

Is this possible?

Will GeckoOS allow me to run all my old Trucha signed games ie scrubbed games?

Thanks

NexPhr3ak0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i softmodded my wii and have been trying to run backups via neogamma in hbc. The first backup i tried worked fine, the next one the system just rebooted, the next two just said check the operations manual. I had modded my wii just a couple days after indiana pwns came out.

Is there something newer i should update on my wii to get these to run? the size of the backups seems to be correct and others have had no issues with them.

troupe20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I used the twilight hack about a year ago or so and used cIOS rev7 and starfall, I use gammaloader with 002 fix. I have done any updating for I have had no trouble playing any games. Now I am trying to play the new mario bros game and I am wondering if I should update the rev or cIOS? Would it be a good idea to update to the new menu and if so how would I go about doing that? If possible if anyone has the time I would love an explanation as to what the cIOS and different revs are and what they do.... thanks in advance, I truly appreciate it.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
troupe20 said:
Hello everyone,

I used the twilight hack about a year ago or so and used cIOS rev7 and starfall, I use gammaloader with 002 fix. I have done any updating for I have had no trouble playing any games. Now I am trying to play the new mario bros game and I am wondering if I should update the rev or cIOS? Would it be a good idea to update to the new menu and if so how would I go about doing that? If possible if anyone has the time I would love an explanation as to what the cIOS and different revs are and what they do.... thanks in advance, I truly appreciate it.

First off install BootMii (it's a brick protection) as boot2 if possible then if you want to update your system menu then use Waninkokos 4.2 Updater. If you want to play NSMB from disc use NeoGamma and cIOS rev 14.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Ratmando @ Nov 28 2009, 03:43 PM) I want to install the latest version of GeckoOS as a channel?

Is this possible?

Thanks

For GeckoOS as a channel visit wadder.net

troupe20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
computerboy said:
troupe20 said:
Hello everyone,

First off install BootMii (it's a brick protection) as boot2 if possible then if you want to update your system menu then use Waninkokos 4.2 Updater. If you want to play NSMB from disc use NeoGamma and cIOS rev 14.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Ratmando @ Nov 28 2009, 03:43 PM) I want to install the latest version of GeckoOS as a channel?

Is this possible?

Thanks

For GeckoOS as a channel visit wadder.net

Ok thanks for you help. I do have another question thou, do I need new installers in order to install the new CIOS rev 14 and the NeoGamma? Lastly should I uninstall anything before doing any of the new installations?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Noob question but I'm not a noob and I've always wanted to ask this:

Is using DOP-IOS to install IOS36 with hash check the same as the IOS36 after TBR?

or is it different?

~ Jon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Batocera has a shared folder it's pretty cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Less clutter for all the 6 usb options we never use
    Just drag and drop your Barbie Roms
    Barbies BDSM Dungeon Adventure Featuring Gimp Ken!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's the Florida meth
    Don't make Barbie put a cigarette out on your nipples!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Although expensive Florida meth can rot the brightest of minds
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol qbits almost taking a
    full gb of ram usage
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, qbittorrent?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    no I dont torrent
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A type of fish
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna do my homework
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    see ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man steams only downloading 15mbps
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, wdym thats quite fast
    Just upgraded to 1Gbps Internet, it was cheaper than the other company by a few bucks lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol 15mbps is fast
    Ken do I mention that I had 500Mbps and upgraded to 1Gbps and it is only 40 dollars a month?
    But honestly next month will likely be 10 bucks a month.... Dude called his boss and pretty much got a job out of the deal making like 30 bucks an hour.
    They get a 30 dollar discount being an employee lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, how much do you earn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, how much do you earn