Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, i really need your help.....

ok....after weeks of searching and reading up on this subject i had decided i had everything i need as well the incredibly usefull info and guides like the ones on this site to go ahead and soft mod my wii myself. (Was hoping not to ask any questions)

My wii is v3.1e, i have a 2GB sandisk sd card with sandisk adapter.

so heres the thing..........

WHY WONT MY WII READ MY FECKING CARD???????
when going into the SD card channel i get the message "the device inserted cannot be used".

i have no hair.....but im pulling it out anyway and really fecked off with this!!
any suggestions or remedies would be greatfully recieved and keep up the good work guys!!

Thank you

Algester

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hope anyone will answer this
anyway for installing the homebrew channel on the latest Wii firmware how do i go about this and what are the risks involved in doing so? i mean as far as i have researched i need a zelda twilight princess and an SD card... are there more things that i need to go over prior to installing if so then what?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hitoshura - Install the latest ciosrev14 with wad manager so your up to date on it.Then get waninkoko's 4.0 updater or 4.1 updater and run it.
Doing this will keep all your trucha bugged ios files intact.

dragon_168 - Since your wii is already hacked you don't need zelda to do anything.As long as you have homebrew channel installed your fine.You need to get waninkoko's 4.1 updater and run it through the HBC.It wil update you to 4.1 and will allow you to keep all your trucha bugged ios files intact.

Sweeday - It's never a good idea to delete any ios files period.If your wanting all your ios files to be "clean" then do an official update through nintendo to 4.1.This will update any trucha ios files you have.
Then you can start from there on the rest your wanting to install.

Lostbhoy - Probly just an imcompatiable card.Try a different one.

Algester - You don't need zelda anymore.Check out this guide and you will be set.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, after some messing around....i finally got the boot.dol/elf file running but only if i put the files on a sandisk 1gb micro sd.
I have tried two different 2gb micro's (one sandisk and one generic) and it will not read either of them.
i am unable to install bootmii as an IOS or boot2 and now get the message....

mounting to card
creating directory "/bootmii"...
failure (-1)

continue

i have formatted all cards and as such this is far as i get with the 1gb micro.

dragon_168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
icpmattj said:
Hitoshura - Install the latest ciosrev14 with wad manager so your up to date on it.Then get waninkoko's 4.0 updater or 4.1 updater and run it.

dragon_168 - Since your wii is already hacked you don't need zelda to do anything.As long as you have homebrew channel installed your fine.You need to get waninkoko's 4.1 updater and run it through the HBC.It wil update you to 4.1 and will allow you to keep all your trucha bugged ios files intact.

Sweeday - It's never a good idea to delete any ios files period.If your wanting all your ios files to be "clean" then do an official update through nintendo to 4.1.This will update any trucha ios files you have.

Algester - You don't need zelda anymore.Check out this guide and you will be set.

THank you icpmattj,

is there any benifit to updating to 4.1? or should i follow the old saying "if it ain't broken don't fix it " ???

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lostbhoy said:
Okay, after some messing around....i finally got the boot.dol/elf file running but only if i put the files on a sandisk 1gb micro sd.
I have tried two different 2gb micro's (one sandisk and one generic) and it will not read either of them.
i am unable to install bootmii as an IOS or boot2 and now get the message....

mounting to card
creating directory "/bootmii"...
failure (-1)

continue

i have formatted all cards and as such this is far as i get with the 1gb micro.

Use a regular sd card and not a mini or micro and it should install ok.I had a friends wii do the same thing until he used a regular sd card.

dragon_168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dragon_168 said:
icpmattj said:

THank you icpmattj,

is there any benifit to updating to 4.1? or should i follow the old saying "if it ain't broken don't fix it " ???

I found an 4.1 updater

and these are the instructions from http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2009/04/syst...stallation.html
: "

UPGRADE TO 4.1

PREREQUISITES
=============
An Internet Connection
The Homebrew Channel (Bootmii Installer) (1)
Alternative to Homebrew Channel: Bannerbomb (1)(2)
Firmware Updater v4.1 (1)

Not required but recommended:
Custom IOS36 rev10 or higher (1)

INTRUCTIONS:
1. Make sure Custom IOS36 rev10 (or higher) is already installed
2. Rename Firmware Updater v4.1 (.dol file) to "boot.dol" and place onto SD>apps>FirmwareUpdater41
3. Launch it with Homebrew Channel or Bannerbomb
4. Choose 4.1 U (USA), E (Europe), J (Japan)
5. After installation reset, you are done.
"

QUESTION in step 1 : how do i check if i have Custom IOS36 rev10 (or higher) ??

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dragon_168 said:
THank you icpmattj,

If your on 4.0 then no not really it just fixes a bug with wii sports resort.If you on a firmware less then 4.0 then you
wil get the sd menu to play vc/wii ware from.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dragon_168 said:
QUESTION in step 1 : how do i check if i have Custom IOS36 rev10 (or higher) ??

Just install the latest one (rev14) and you'll be good to go.If you don't like rev14 or it causes problems you can always rollback to a
previous version.

raquasa123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright i got about half of that. i dont think i fully understand what i have ti do.
i updated to 4.1 sucesfully. i only load games on dvd-r with the backup launcher i run off my 2gig wii sd card, not off the main menu. (i figure the less stuff i have instaled on my wii the better). i still get error #002 only when i play sports resort and the blue screen of death and it tells me to eject the disk. i dont run games off the sd card or a usb drive, i dont have one bigg enough. only dvd-r s
1. what exact programs do ihave to run with the wad manager(i googled 022 error fix and apparantly theres 3 diffrent things i haf to try, i think) then theres this alt.dol or something and i dont know when or how to turn them off and on. (if theres a guide obout this please direct me there)
2. should i be using a compleetly diffrent dvd back up launcher (im thinking this one may be outdaded but thats just a guess)
3. willl old programs like starfall continue to cluder up my wiis HD space until i have no room left? its kinda off topic but im just wondering.

raquasa1231.png

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
raquasa123 said:
alright i got about half of that. i dont think i fully understand what i have ti do.
i updated to 4.1 sucesfully. i only load games on dvd-r with the backup launcher i run off my 2gig wii sd card, not off the main menu. (i figure the less stuff i have instaled on my wii the better). i still get error #002 only when i play sports resort and the blue screen of death and it tells me to eject the disk. i dont run games off the sd card or a usb drive, i dont have one bigg enough. only dvd-r s
1. what exact programs do ihave to run with the wad manager(i googled 022 error fix and apparantly theres 3 diffrent things i haf to try, i think) then theres this alt.dol or something and i dont know when or how to turn them off and on. (if theres a guide obout this please direct me there)
2. should i be using a compleetly diffrent dvd back up launcher (im thinking this one may be outdaded but thats just a guess)
3. willl old programs like starfall continue to cluder up my wiis HD space until i have no room left? its kinda off topic but im just wondering.

raquasa1231.png

What backup launcher are you using to play your backups?

It doesn't matter if your using discs or from a hard drive you still need to do the alt dol method one time to get it to work.

You should be using neogamma R7
It has the option for the alt dol

Heres the instructions

1. Get NeoGamma R7:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884
2. Run NeoGamma from HBC
3. Select alternative .dol loading from disc
4. Start the game
5. Select the .dol that is NOT the main.dol
6. Watch all movies
7. The Wii will crash/reboot
8. Set NeoGamma back to no alternative .dol loading
9. Use your preferred method to play the game

mullenlegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still getting error 002 when I try to play punch out. I tried a lot of things to fix it. But it still is coming up. I am using Punch Out off of my HDD drive. I backed it up off the real disc. So all the games I am using are not downloaded. All the other games work fine. Super Smash, Strikers, Mario Kart, ect.

How can I fix this 002 error. It's starting to piss me off I tried a lot of ways. If someone can give me step by step help for it. I really appreciate it.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mullenlegend said:
I am still getting error 002 when I try to play punch out. I tried a lot of things to fix it. But it still is coming up. I am using Punch Out off of my HDD drive. I backed it up off the real disc. So all the games I am using are not downloaded. All the other games work fine. Super Smash, Strikers, Mario Kart, ect.

How can I fix this 002 error. It's starting to piss me off I tried a lot of ways. If someone can give me step by step help for it. I really appreciate it.

punch out requires an ios file you probly dont have.

extract the wad ios files from the punchout disc using wiiscrubber and install them with wad manager or you can use dop ios to update your ios files.

mullenlegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
mullenlegend said:

extract the wad ios files from the punchout disc using wiiscrubber and install them with wad manager or you can use dop ios to update your ios files.
Can you explain to me what Wiiscrubber is and how to use it?

raquasa123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, it seems the same question is being asked over and over again. i thank all of you for helping me with this problem. and it seems that many otthers are having the same one. i think its time for a full form topic under wii hacking devoted to how to solve error #002 which is present in newer games in adition to wii motion plus games. this fix seems to be as important as instaling the homebrew chanel or updating your wii because without it its is imposible to play all the new games. i think someone should write a step by step guide with links to all the files in a new topic discusion thing.

raquasa1231.png

sleep_walker

Trophies
XP
Country
India
sleep_walker said:
i got a Korean Wii with the 3.3K firmware. How do i change the system menus to English and region to NTSC U/C ? i already got QLeap's Anyregion Changer (1.1b mod05.source) but can't seem to find any guide or instructions on how to install it. Is it as simple as just loading it onto an SD card and choosing my options from there? i don't plan to play back ups, i just want to change the region setting to NTSC U/C and have English menus.

Thanks.
Could anyone help me out with this? Don't want to brick my Wii
frown.gif

raquasa123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
raquasa123 said:

raquasa1231.png

What backup launcher are you using to play your backups?

It doesn't matter if your using discs or from a hard drive you still need to do the alt dol method one time to get it to work.

You should be using neogamma R7
It has the option for the alt dol

Heres the instructions

1. Get NeoGamma R7:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884
2. Run NeoGamma from HBC
3. Select alternative .dol loading from disc
4. Start the game
5. Select the .dol that is NOT the main.dol
6. Watch all movies
7. The Wii will crash/reboot
8. Set NeoGamma back to no alternative .dol loading
9. Use your preferred method to play the game

i get error 001, unauthorized system or something when i load the one thats not main
it might be because i need to update my cios thats what it said when i started neogama how do i update?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
raquasa123 said:
problems again =D
neogame says im on revison 8 and i need to be on 14
how do i go to 14

Download the latest version which is rev14.(google waninkoko's blog and get it from there)

make the sure the dol file is named to boot.dol and place it inside its own folder called ciosrev14installer and then place that
folder inside your apps folder on your sd card.

Run it through the HBC and choose network install if you wifi on your wii.

If you dont have wifi on your wii then you need to choose wad install.You will also need to have a wad file on the root
of your sd card to do this.Look at the readme.txt that comes with the rev14installer you downloaded to see what wad file
you need then just google it to find it.No one is gonna post it here because its illegal to do so.

Posts merged

mullenlegend said:
icpmattj said:
QUOTE(mullenlegend @ Aug 23 2009, 06:14 PM) I am still getting error 002 when I try to play punch out. I tried a lot of things to fix it. But it still is coming up. I am using Punch Out off of my HDD drive. I backed it up off the real disc. So all the games I am using are not downloaded. All the other games work fine. Super Smash, Strikers, Mario Kart, ect.

Can you explain to me what Wiiscrubber is and how to use it?

Wiiscrubber lets you look at the wii iso file and see everything on it from ios updates to system menu updates ext..
It also allows you to extract and replace things as well.

If i was you i would just use the dop ios method its a lot easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock