Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

the5souls

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all.

I am having trouble installing/extracting NUSD v1.2. Every time I try to run it, an error message occurs, which says,
".......NUS Downloader v1.2 is not a valid Win32 application."

Now, I have the latest .NET Framework (3.5), plus 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1. (I don't know if it's good or not to have all those .NET versions at once, but nothing bad has happened yet).

I've searched on at least six different Wii Hacking sites, and tried the search function on all of them. I've even tried Google, but nothing work nor gave me any information.

Would any one here have a solution?

wiiesel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi,

i would like to patch monster hunter 3 from ntsc to pal to play on my old tv.

did anybody tried it before and could tell me how and if it works???

radonryder

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mauritius
Guys iv been out of the homerew scene for some time now....
I just came back to the wii section of gbatemp...and feel kinda overwelmed and confused with all the new stuff out there...
Before i had used the twilight hack working and got the hbc channel and preloader(when it first came out) working....firmware is 3.2(or 3.3) not sure
After i installed preloader...i havnt done anything else on in...
now how do i get the wii to latest firmware?
will i have to install hbc again? coz i head it was blocked and you need the new banner bomb channel thingie...

tdlo123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hey everyone, I have another question.

I recently hacked my wii, and I put the wad manager on my sd card.

I want to install a wiiware game and I'm wondering if the wad manager could mess up installing it and cause my wii to brick..or something =_=

Is there a way to make sure it will work correctly?
do I have to make any changes to my wii before attempting to install wads?

oh, and wii is 3.1U (if it matters).

the_lobe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
icpmattj said:
ShatteredScreens said:
When we try to install DVDx (we've tried on 2 wiis) we always get an error (2011). Any ideas how to get it running?

And what would be the best apps to use to run Wii and GC games from an external USB hard drive, and what other thingd would we need to get that running?

And if I "backed up" (wink wink) a game that had an update or was from another country, would I need to patch it or anything, or are they just fine to use as they are?

dvdx issue - I have no idea.Try a different sd card maybe.

Best apps would be neogamma R7 or usbloader GX.Gamecube games can not be run from an external usb hard drive.Its not yet possible.

For backing up out of region games with an update.Its fine if your using the usb loaders.When you add the game to the hard drive all the updates will be removed.If your playing the out of region games with an update on them from a burnt disc then YES its an issue.Get preloader and use the hack for skip disc updates.

Thanks, anyone know about my problem with DVDx? I'm just wanting to use Wii for DVD.

And what would I have to do to play GC game backups, a disk?

Thanks for help.

Edit: Wait, so if I copy and paste to the hard drive the updates are removed?
blink.gif

I had the exact same probem installing DVDx on my LU10 wii. I was getting incredibly frustrated because this was the only thing holding me back from playing my backups. After some serious googling, I found this, and everything seems to work fine.

Easy way to get cIOS on any wii
I know the title may seem like it's got nothing to do with your issue but this was the ONLY fix for my 2011 error.

If by "use for DVD" you mean watch DVDs, you will also need mplayer.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that link!

So after that, I'll be able to install Preloader and DVDx? ATM Preloader isn't working either.

the_lobe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
Thanks for that link!

So after that, I'll be able to install Preloader and DVDx? ATM Preloader isn't working either.

my mistake, I probably should have told you I use bootmii.

I have never used preloader, and have no idea how it works.

FYI I did this after running the hackmii installer (bootmii boot2, HBC, and DVDx, though the dvdx install failed initially)

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys, ive finally managed to install bootmii and HBC but my wii freezes when trying to do NAND backup. Am i free to insatll and run emu's at this point or are the other steps essential to this? i take it i need pre-loader to run back up games?

the_lobe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lostbhoy said:
hey guys, ive finally managed to install bootmii and HBC but my wii freezes when trying to do NAND backup. Am i free to insatll and run emu's at this point or are the other steps essential to this? i take it i need pre-loader to run back up games?

Technically, you don't NEED to do a NAND backup. It's just a good idea. I keep getting an error when I try to back mine up, so I don't have a NAND backup of my own. If my wii bricks, I'm screwed. I really should figure out how to fix that....

As long as HBC works you can do whatever. Just be careful, because one wrong move and your wii will become a nice shiny white paperweight.
wink.gif

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks lobe!
do i need to install another prog to play back up games or does hbc find the discs auto?

i'm trying to very carefull what i do...all i want is to play back up wii/gamecube games, and run emu's such as snes9x though i do know that while most people will have this running no probs....i do encourage the possibility of a brick just by trying to add these.....

but i do agree the nand would be wise and would like a wee bit o peace of mind by having it done!

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, my backup which I put onto a disk is not working, but I can play DVDs in MPlayer now!

And I have a USB loader installed for when I get an external hard drive.

What I was wondering though is that my Wii doesn't have many blocks left, and wont have enough for a .wad I want to install. How can I install it without having to delete other channels I am 'testing out'? Like, can I copy those that I'm currently trying out to an SD card to use later and swap them around from SD to Wii, even though I didn't get them through the Wii shopping Channel? Kinda hard to explain, but I did my best.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since this isn't directly posted in enough places and is only half stickied by being linked to in one of the guides in the stickies. Click the link to the guide in my sig.

This goes for most everyone here. Reading through all of that should get you up to speed on what is used nowadays so you should know what you need and don't need to do on your Wii after reading through it all.

Edit: NVM...it IS stickied now. So now you have no excuse not to read it.

wiiesel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
and my question is if there is any way to convert NTSC games to PAL
rofl2.gif
rolleyes.gif
(monster hunter tri for example
wink2.gif
)

all my other NTSC games are working flawlessly with the "force pal 60" setting in the usb loader and only mh3 didn't work
wacko.gif

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShatteredScreens said:
Well, my backup which I put onto a disk is not working, but I can play DVDs in MPlayer now!

And I have a USB loader installed for when I get an external hard drive.

What I was wondering though is that my Wii doesn't have many blocks left, and wont have enough for a .wad I want to install. How can I install it without having to delete other channels I am 'testing out'? Like, can I copy those that I'm currently trying out to an SD card to use later and swap them around from SD to Wii, even though I didn't get them through the Wii shopping Channel? Kinda hard to explain, but I did my best.

If you have System Menu 4.0 or later, just move VC and WiiWare stuff to the SD card using the SD menu. You will then have plenty of free blocks.
Also in the Memory Management screen, remove any save files from games you no longer use. You can also move saves to the SD card.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
How do I apply libogc patches? The source of AnyRegionChanger1.1mod5 has a folder called libogc_patches with 2 .patch files in it. Can someone give me instructions on how to apply them to libogc?

I installed DevkitPro today and am trying to compile different apps
smile.gif

zlac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hey guys.

I have PAL Wii with System Menu 3.2E and WiiKey installed (1.9s).
It wasn't used for a while so it's a bit outdated, but it has homebrew channel installed (version as old as the 1.9s wiikey firmware), and it has no cIOS modifications.

I'm currently investigating and deciding what should I do, but I'm a bit overwhelmed because I have a modchip and homebrew channel so some steps are unnecessary (I think banner stuff and all other stuff used to install the homebrew channel...)

the question(s):
What should I do to "refresh" the Wii and use USB hard drive? I was thinking about something like this:

1. update homebrew channel (with wad manager) and wad manager to the newest version
2. ??? (update wii to 4.1 and update IOS?)
3. install cIOS (with wad manager?)
4. ??? (install USB loader?)
5. play the games with USB loader copied on USB drive (from originals and/or via WBFS Manager)

Do I upgrade System Channel to 4.1 with Waninkoko's 4.1 Firmware Updater or do I leave it on 3.2?
Do I pull out the WiiKey (WiiClip) after softmoding or do I leave it alone (as I'll probably still play some DVD backups)?

I have programmed and installed WiiClip myself and I know my way with computers (and with electronics) so I'll probably understand whatever you say; just put a list with stuff that I should do (and tools for doing it), something similar to the list I've already made and I'll manage.
smile.gif

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zlac:

First make sure you have the latest firmware for the WiiKey
Then, if you don't have a NAND backup, install BootMii to Boot2 if you can (if you are using 3.2 then you probably have a Wii old enough to use Boot2) and make a NAND backup.

Update using the Waninkoko updater if you want to keep the Truca bug (needed for VC and Wiiware, and some old homebrew) or alternatively use the normal Nintendo update, and then run the Truca Bug restorer (or use DOP-IOS).

Once you have updated, make a new NAND backup.

You can then go about installing cios 14 and a USB loader.

The modchip does not effect softmodding, it just means you will be able to run backups from the disk channel without needing additional softmods.

zlac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
thank you very much ozguy, this is just the kind of tutorial I wanted!

so, first BootMii to Boot2 (it's a brick protection with NAND backup, no?)
then update homebrew channel and put new WAD manager on SD card
then update to 4.1 with Waninkoko to use SD card and have other nintendo fancy stuff
new NAND backup
then install "cIOS38 rev14" (with WAD manager in homebrew channel?)
after that I can install USB loader and even backup launcher channels, right?

I don't need to patch IOS36 and restore truca bug and stuff like that because my wii is old enough (first model I think.
smile.gif
)?

just one more question - is WiiKey outdated by now?
I do have newest firmware for WiiKey i remember that it was made for original SSBB, I think it's really old now.
If I just burn Metroid Prime trilogy backup with imgburn and set layer break as SSBB, it should work with WiiKey or is it better to load it with something like NeoGamma R7 or from USB or what?
smile.gif

I'll research usb loaders and alt dol methods later as it's all new to me...
smile.gif

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zlac:

I have a WiiKey2 and use USBLoader-GX (Have also used beardface's CoverFlow).

Yes, the NAND backup is for brick protection. Since there is always slight risk of a brick any time the NAND is being written to (such as updating the system menu) due to power outages, it is always good to have the backup.

Recent system menu's fix the Truca bug, so yes, you do still have to restore the bug.

A modchip is still useful if you just want to put in a disk and play from the disk channel, without messing with things like CIOScorp, patching disks, etc. It is also good for playing gamecube backups since the gamecube loaders are not perfect. Personally I rarely use the Wii's DVD drive any more. There is no harm in leaving the modchip in there, and it can be useful if you get a brick and don't have a NAND backup.

I have all my games on the HD because I often take my Wii other places and it is far easier to transport the HD than a bunch of disks. I can fit everything in a laptop bag.

The main benefit of System Menu 4.x is that you can use the memory manager screen to move wiiware/vc and save games to the SD card to free up NAND space. Then of course there is also the SDHC support.

BTW, when setting up your hard drive for WBFS, I would suggest devoting some space to a FAT32 partition and/or an EXT2/3 partition. The FAT32 partition can use used for storing cover/disk images, homebrew apps, movies, mp3's, pics, etc. The EXT partition can be used for Linux (which now has Wi-Fi support). 25Gb each should be sufficient for most uses.

Once you have created your main Wii partition and formatted it as WBFS, you can either copy ISOs to it from the PC (which takes just a few mins), or rip the ISOs from your original/backup disks using the Wii (ripping takes 5-20 mins depending on game size).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage
  • Noctosphere @ Noctosphere:
    Is TCK some kind of Clanchit follower?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo just follows Luke around with flowers
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny, every week he cries bout something and says that's it, I'm leaving this site for good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See I'm a good match maker I always knew he wouldnt leave over luke
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Had to break down and turn on my AC today. 89 degrees in May. Bet August/September is gonna be crazy hot.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, when your wife kicks you out BOVONO Prefabricated Tiny Home, Mobile Prefab House with Lockable Door and Window, Outdoor Storage Shed with Restroom & Cabinet, Perfect for Hotel, Kiosk, Booth(19 x 20FT) https://a.co/d/ab1dd5t
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pretty cool actually
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I feel pain on the left side of my stomach
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 looks neat, i would want one in the boonies
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Read the reviews
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    honestly, seems like a great option for temporary housing, but the reviews seems iffy
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm sure i could build one with the schematics if made available
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the 2nd pic dun show much, just topdown view of the layout
  • Y @ yqw:
    someone has a cheat table for need for speed most wanted 2012?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cheat codes 911 catch the crazy drivers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I mean that game came out on every game system, so lets be a little more vague.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need cheats for GTA v, lol. And why ask here, go look for them yo self!
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    make 'em , they're not hard to do
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Fast and Furious Night Rider crossover !
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Fast and Furious Night Rider crossover !