Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

irishdaza

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, i recently installed 4.0 softmod on my brothers wii using the pack from Yafaze website, now i have just done another wii using a "Wii softmodding for dummies v4.1" which was so much easier to install and it also installed sd/usb launcher which my brothers hasnt got and having tryed to install it seperatly on my brothers wii but having no luck, my question is can i just run the "Wii softmodding for dummies v4.1" pack just the same way i would do on a virgin wii on my brothers wii? Sorry hope this makes sense to someone.

Cheers

Jhonyb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
HElllllloooo
moogle.gif

Im currently siting on 3.2E everything installed, i think its starting too be time too move to 4.1E just too be on top of things how do i do it ?

Anyone help me ?

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jhonyb said:
HElllllloooo
moogle.gif

Im currently siting on 3.2E everything installed, i think its starting too be time too move to 4.1E just too be on top of things how do i do it ?

Anyone help me ?
Waninkokos 4.1 updater

curdstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a couple of questions:

I have managed to install Bootmiii via Boot2 install, and will be doing a NAND backup before any other tinkering. Is it vital to also install pre-loader in order to ensure 100% brick protection or will the NAND backup do the job?

I had Starfall in my system before, and as a result was able to play NTSC games and skip updates etc. Now however with Starfall being killed by my update to 4.1(everything else works fine) is pre-loader the answer?

Having updated to 4.1 and installing neogamma6 with IOS60patched wad, I am seeing my backups appear in the disc channel. Is it okay to boot from the disc channel now? All my backups are Wiiscrubbed and BrickBlocker patched. Even Wii Sports Resort appears in the disc channel as well as an NTSC converted to PAL version of No More Heroes(the version with blood).

Do I need to downgrade from 4.1, run any region changer and update to 4.1 with IOS60patched.wad again if I were looking to install Pre-Loader?

Thanks in advance. This thread is a fantastic resource!

Safavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use AnyrRgionChanger to change my American wii to a Japanese one do I instantly get to use the Japanese Wii shop channel and be able to use Japanese wii points?

Ok I have an American Wii System Menu 4.1

Here's what I need help with:

If I use AnyRegionChanger to change my Wii shop region to Japan and leave everything else American will it work? Also do I have to purchase special Japanese Wii points or can I still use and add American bought Wii points from the local store?

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does restoring the NAND in my wii when the wii system is already corrupted, have any side effects? I was just wondering if my Wii saves just happened to be all erased, can I still use the NAND restore to get my saves back and everything else is the same?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sjaz said:
Hey,
I have a problem with my softmodded Wii. Since I updated to 4.0 firmware, my backuploaders won't load games anymore. For example": with 3.3 I could load Guitar Hero: World Tour, but I didn't have a guitar then, so I couldnt play the game. I bought the guitar a few days ago with Guitar Hero III, but my Guitar Hero: World Tour back-up won't load anymore since I have 4.0 . In Gecko, I just get an error that there is no DVD. With back-uploader, it looks like the game is loading, but then my Wii reboots. I didn't have any of those problems with 3.3 with all my back-ups, and now I can't load one.

So I think I'm gonna downgrade to 3.3 . I heard that's possible? How can I do that? And do you think this is going to work for me? Or are there maybe other solutions, so I can still play those back-ups on 4.0? My Wii is PAL by the way.

Thank you very very much for help.

Downgrading shouldn't be the reason something will start working again. When you updated something must have gotten overwritten or something. I would just follow this guide to reinstall stuff on your Wii.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890

Or this one if you find it easier to follow.

http://www.yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1178

irishdaza said:
Hi all, i recently installed 4.0 softmod on my brothers wii using the pack from Yafaze website, now i have just done another wii using a "Wii softmodding for dummies v4.1" which was so much easier to install and it also installed sd/usb launcher which my brothers hasnt got and having tryed to install it seperatly on my brothers wii but having no luck, my question is can i just run the "Wii softmodding for dummies v4.1" pack just the same way i would do on a virgin wii on my brothers wii? Sorry hope this makes sense to someone.

Cheers

Sorry another question i forgot to ask was can i install BootMii after i have softmodded a wii or should i have done it before?

I'm not sure what that guide is, but I think it's an older guide that still uses the IOS35 downgrade method, which will kill IOS35 on newer Wii's. Yafaze has a newer guide that uses the Trucha Bug Restorer as should be done on any Wii now. http://www.yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1178

Yes, bootmii can be installed at any time, and a NAND backup can be made at any time (think of it as a system restore point). You can't do a boot2 install of bootmii on all Wii's though. If you bought your Wii after about mid 2008 then it probably won't be able to give you any brick protection, as you would only be able to install it as an IOS, which can only be loaded through the HBC and not on boot.

Jhonyb said:
HElllllloooo
moogle.gif

Anyone help me ?

Run dop-IOS first to install the most recent IOS60 with sig hash check and then run Waninkoko's 4.1 updater. I believe it will give you an error if there isn't already some IOS60 there to begin with.

QUOTE(curdstar @ Aug 2 2009, 09:12 AM) Just a couple of questions:

I have managed to install Bootmiii via Boot2 install, and will be doing a NAND backup before any other tinkering. Is it vital to also install pre-loader in order to ensure 100% brick protection or will the NAND backup do the job?

I had Starfall in my system before, and as a result was able to play NTSC games and skip updates etc. Now however with Starfall being killed by my update to 4.1(everything else works fine) is pre-loader the answer?

Having updated to 4.1 and installing neogamma6 with IOS60patched wad, I am seeing my backups appear in the disc channel. Is it okay to boot from the disc channel now? All my backups are Wiiscrubbed and BrickBlocker patched. Even Wii Sports Resort appears in the disc channel as well as an NTSC converted to PAL version of No More Heroes(the version with blood).

Do I need to downgrade from 4.1, run any region changer and update to 4.1 with IOS60patched.wad again if I were looking to install Pre-Loader?

Thanks in advance. This thread is a fantastic resource!

Bootmii installed to boot2 with a working NAND backup (test if you can restore it after you make it as well) is 100% brick protection. Preloader is not necessary, but won't hurt and can make fixing certain types of bricks a bit easier since you can autoboot straight into .dol's if the HBC isn't working or something and have a chance to fix it without having to resort to restoring the old NAND. Preloader will also be able to replace starfall with better system menu hacks.

You can see the games because of the patched IOS60, but you shouldn't be able to play them from there unless you have CIOSCORP or something. You don't need to downgrade to install preloader. All it needs is a patched IOS36. If you haven't already, Run the Trucha Bug Restorer off of IOS36 and downgrade IOS15, run it again off of IOS15 this time and go to the IOS36 menu and install to IOS36 and say yes to the trucha bug and ES_Identify patch. Then run it again off of IOS36 and restore IOS15. Then you should be able to run the preloader install fine. Don't forget to also get the correct hacks.ini for your region and firmware.

QUOTE(john.jingle @ Aug 2 2009, 11:39 AM)
Does restoring the NAND in my wii when the wii system is already corrupted, have any side effects? I was just wondering if my Wii saves just happened to be all erased, can I still use the NAND restore to get my saves back and everything else is the same?

Restoring the NAND when your system is corrupted is exactly the point of restoring the NAND. It will revert everything to how it was at the time you made the backup. Save games included, but only up to the point they were when you made the backup. If you can, figure out a way to fix the brick without doing the restore without losing much it would probably be a bit better, but you shouldn't have any problems restoring your NAND as long as bootmii doesn't have any issues with your SD card.

GeorgeCostanza

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone!! I have been lurking around here for a couple months and have successfully installed the homebrew channel and a USB loader with no problems on my 3.4U console. I am interested on updating to 4.1 but would like to keep the ability to install wads and stuff like that. So my question is what exactly do I need to do this? and can someone explain to me why I would need Bootmii or a couple other programs that I keep hearing about around here. Thanks for all the help !!!!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GeorgeCostanza said:
Hey everyone!! I have been lurking around here for a couple months and have successfully installed the homebrew channel and a USB loader with no problems on my 3.4U console. I am interested on updating to 4.1 but would like to keep the ability to install wads and stuff like that. So my question is what exactly do I need to do this? and can someone explain to me why I would need Bootmii or a couple other programs that I keep hearing about around here. Thanks for all the help !!!!

If you CAN install bootmii to boot2 on your system, do so ASAP. It is the ultimate brick protection but can only be done on systems bought before around mid 2008.

Just run the hackmii installer from bootmii.org either through the HBC like normal after renaming it to boot.elfand putting it in a folder in the apps folder, or if you have an older version of the HBC (

redeptior

Trophies
XP
Country
Heyo folks

I got a 3.1E Wii with a WiiKey 1.9S, and I've never messed with installing HBC before.

But from what I've been able to figure out... Then to install HBC, and upgrade the Wii to 4.1, is it as "easy" as:

1) Use the Twilight hack to install the "HackMii Installer"-package and choosing boot2 for its destination.
2) Configure the Wii's internet settings and launch Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.1.

Or am missing something?

Any kind of help is appreciated
happy.gif

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh whoops, I messed up my previous post. I meant to say

"Does restoring the NAND in my wii when the wii system isn't corrupted, have any side effects? I was just wondering if my Wii saves just happened to be all erased, can I still use the NAND restore to get my saves back and everything else is the same?"

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
john.jingle said:
Oh whoops, I messed up my previous post. I meant to say

"Does restoring the NAND in my wii when the wii system isn't corrupted, have any side effects? I was just wondering if my Wii saves just happened to be all erased, can I still use the NAND restore to get my saves back and everything else is the same?"

A NAND restore can be done at anytime to restore yourself to exactly how you were at that point it was made. It's actually a good idea to try it before you get bricked to make sure it works before it actually happens.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
Are you sure it isn't a bad burn of the game? What did you burn it with originally and at what speed on what type of media?

You could also try NeoGamma R6 since I think R7 TECHNICALLY is still beta. Is the punch out that you got from the same region as your console?

Burnt twice. ImgBurn. Same speed and media that I use on other games that work.

I tried R6 before R7. Also tried WiiGator's Backup Loader.

There must be an IOS I'm missing. Madworld runs fine, not sure if they use the same IOS though.

dizogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 3.4E wii and run games with the 0.3 with 002 fix backup launcher. But when I just tried to run Wii Sport Resort I get a #002 error. All my other games run fine. Any idea how to fix this?

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
....................HELP NEEDED......................

I have a friends system on 4.1 e and has the hbc v3 installed and preloader and also rev 14 ...

Anyway my main problem is i forget how to enable backups to run from the disk channel!

Also how do i enable preloader .29c to block disk updates as there is no option for it that i can see.

Please someone reply to this and ill be forever greatfull :-)

paul

SallyC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
SallyC said:
nabster92 said:
SallyC said:
Hi,

I am not sure if I was supposed to start a new thread or continue this one, but I too am having the same problem as Natazza. I also did a soft mod on my wii back in jan/feb of this year and have had no problems. I have only recently thought about updating to get more game compatibility and was totally lost by all the changes.

I am running 3.2E with back up launcher gamma and waninkokos CIOS rev7 with starfall and safe 3.3 updates. I understand I should replace back up launcher gamma with Neogamma and I wanted to upgrade my CIOS to 10 or above (I am confused as to which is best after reading many comments. I am not interested in usb loader but do want good game compatibility) I was also looking for more safe updates so I can play new games like EA sports active, is this what the waninkokos 4.1 updater is?

While looking for this information I have come across many other applications like new homebrew, Bootmii, Back up NAND and pre loader and I am unsure as to whether i need these as I have starfall or even if they are suitable to be put on 3.2E (I gather from this thread that pre loader is useless on 3.4)

I would be really grateful if someone could point me in the right direction with easy instructions!

Thank you

Preloader isn't really USELESS on 3.4. There just isn't any hacks for 3.3/3.4 so it won't be AS useful as it would be on a more standard FW. First thing you should do is go to bootmii.org and grab the hackmii installer from there. Rename it to boot.elf and run it through the HBC like a normal app. In that installer, install the HBC (newer version) and then click on "bootmii..." since you do have an older Wii you may be able to do a boot2 install of it, so if you can then install to boot2 (and as an IOS if you want to be able to load it from the HBC as well, it won't hurt.) The most use out of it is the boot2 install of it. Once you install that, exit the installer and reboot your Wii and you should come to a bootmii menu instead of the system menu. Use a gamecube controller here to control it or the power button to go right and reset button to select on the Wii itself. (only works on boot2 version, not IOS install. GC controller is necessary for IOS version.) In that menu, after making sure you have about 540 MB of space left on your sd card, click the 4th icon and then the 1st icon on the next page. Then follow the prompts to backup your NAND which will basically act as a system restore point. So no matter what you do to your Wii you will be able to restore it to exactly how it was at that point. You can make as many of these as you want at any point in time and back them up to your PC to keep backups with up to date save files and any other changes made.

Once you do that you can go ahead and update your cIOS to rev14 by running the cIOS rev14 installer and selecting IOS249 to use (since you have rev7 already) and do a network installation. Then run Waninkoko's 4.1 updater to update all of your IOS's and have an up to date firmware. Starfall is outdated and should be uninstalled before you update to 4.1. Do that after doing your bootmii stuff. A boot2 install of bootmii with a NAND backup is more than enough brick protection than anything else can offer you. If you still want the system menu hacks and stuff you can use startpatch after updating to 4.1. Preloader will work too. Get one of the other of those though not both.

Come visit our IRC channel if you want more direct help. (look at my sig) I'm currently the only one there at the moment, but ether and walkeroftheday drop by occasionally. Just come in and type my name and i should respond in a bit as long as i'm not doing something else.

Thanks to Nabster92

I appreciate all your help (having a little trouble with adding all quotes!)

Can you just confirm that Neogamma should replace back up launcher and is starfall the only thing I need to uninstall (is this easy to do?) does everything else just overwrite what i already have?

Thanks again
Neogamma will replace the backup launcher gamma
To uninstall starfall, simply run it and disable alll hacks. Do this before installing preloader or you will get issues

Thanks to you both, for all your help.

I have now backed up my NAND and wanted to check a couple of things before I continue-

1. Is the CIOS rev 14 the best one to go with, people seem to have varying thoughts as to which revision is best? and can it be changed to a different version if I have problems?

2. Is it correct that I need to install Waninkoko's 4.0 updater before the 4.1 (not sure how to go about the other route - Patch IOS60)

3. Do I need to run the Trucha bug restorer?

4. Is Neogamma 6 better than 7

Thanks again

eldaddio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for asking, I've had a thorough search and can't find the answer I'm after.

After softmodding a wii (firmware 3.2E I think, maybe 3.3) using the wii softmodding for dummies v4.1 (http://www.scribd.com/doc/18050412/Wii-Soft-Mod-Ding-for-Dummies-v41), I was wondering if it's possible (or indeed necessary) to undo what this mod has done.

The reason I ask is that the wii belongs to someone who is unlikely to use the added features, so I want to remove it so that there's no risk of brickage in the even that they insert a disc containing a firmware update (would that brick the wii?).

Thanks in advance.

JT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.