nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dow jones said:
Is it possible for a copy of RB2 classic rock track pack and ACDC to play on a WII 4.0 and have the USB instruments actually work. I'm at the end of my rope here and have been racking my brain for it to work. The game loads fine for me but the instruments don't work. I have HBC loaded and the latest cios but am at work and can't give the exact details. I'm just curious if it's possible.

Are you sure you're using instruments that are compatible with that game? I'm not sure how the compatibility goes but I know GH instruments don't work for all RB games. And you're on cIOS rev14? You could also try Hermes' cIOS and install an IOS 36+37 merge installed to IOS222 or something like that.

OracleMars said:
how do I access the config menu in gamma loader? My no more heroes isn't working and I'm stuck at a green screen after gamma loader does things. Thanks in advance.

Hold 1 after you press start in the channel. Also when you say gamma loader, are you still using the gamma 0.3 loader? Update to NeoGamma R6 is so.

QUOTE(dj_doc @ Jul 31 2009, 04:34 PM)
Okay:
I am trying Hard to get USB loader up and running.

I want to install SDUSB-Loader_cfg37

My Wii is at 3.2U
I am running SoftMii

I also have 4 other loaders installed - THey all work fine.

I am trying to install cIOS249 - But it is failing install (Right now it is) - I think i had gotten it to install last night but i cant get it back on. I went to 222 and seem to be stuck with that but from what i read thats okay, right?

In order to get USB loader to work, do I have to upgrade to something other than 3.2U?

All i can think is that i May need to take Nint Update???

Any Help - Would be very appreciated

Softmii isn't something you run on it's a guide you follow to install a bunch of things it packages together. You should only have to deal with IOS222 if you're installing Hermes' cIOS which you shouldn't really need at all now. You should be running the cIOS rev14 installer, choosing IOS249 (assuming you got some form of Waninkoko's cIOS installed before and then do a network installation instead of a wad installation. Otherwise if that doesn't work, any other IOS should work too since you probably have CIOSCORP as well.

Then make sure your usb drive is plugged in the port closer to the edge of the system.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
winb83 said:
does anybody have a definite guide to soft modding an LU65 Wii?
i followed this one and after installing Preloader i can't get back to the Wii System Menu. it says its files are corrupt.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890&st=0

turn your Wii off and hold reset down to start preloader and start the homebrew channel and re-install preloader it happened to me nearly bricked my pants

dow jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Are you sure you're using instruments that are compatible with that game? I'm not sure how the compatibility goes but I know GH instruments don't work for all RB games. And you're on cIOS rev14? You could also try Hermes' cIOS and install an IOS 36+37 merge installed to IOS222 or something like that.

Yes I'm using the actual instruments that came with RB2 and I'm on cIOS rev14.

I'll look into Hermes.

edit - hermes didnt' work either. game loads but instruments don't work.

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
cactusjack901 said:
I just got my wii back from Nintendo, I'm on 4.1 (I guess that would make mine a virgin 4.1), how screwed am I as far as cIOS and stuff goes?

Bannerbomb to install HBC/bootmii
Trucha Bug Rrestorer to downgrade IOS15, use IOS15 to install trucha bug/ES_identify in IOS36, restore IOS15
cIOS rev14 installer using IOS36
dop-IOS to install most recent IOS60 with sig hash check
preloader (if you want brick protection)
wad manager 1.4 using IOS249 to install any wad's you want (vc/wiiware games or channels of homebrew apps like loaders and such).
whatever backup loader you want (NeoGamma R6 for disc based loading, USB Loader GX for usb loading)

How do I undo these, I'm feeling bad about doing them and I just want them gone, don't worry about the whys.

EDIT: I didn't install Preloader or bootmii

OracleMars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OracleMars said:
how do I access the config menu in gamma loader? My no more heroes isn't working and I'm stuck at a green screen after gamma loader does things. Thanks in advance.

Hold 1 after you press start in the channel. Also when you say gamma loader, are you still using the gamma 0.3 loader? Update to NeoGamma R6 is so.

I'm fairly new to the hacking thing, what is an ios, it says I should have one or something if I want neogamma 6.

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cactusjack901 said:
nabster92 said:
cactusjack901 said:
I just got my wii back from Nintendo, I'm on 4.1 (I guess that would make mine a virgin 4.1), how screwed am I as far as cIOS and stuff goes?

Bannerbomb to install HBC/bootmii
Trucha Bug Rrestorer to downgrade IOS15, use IOS15 to install trucha bug/ES_identify in IOS36, restore IOS15
cIOS rev14 installer using IOS36
dop-IOS to install most recent IOS60 with sig hash check
preloader (if you want brick protection)
wad manager 1.4 using IOS249 to install any wad's you want (vc/wiiware games or channels of homebrew apps like loaders and such).
whatever backup loader you want (NeoGamma R6 for disc based loading, USB Loader GX for usb loading)

How do I undo these, I'm feeling bad about doing them and I just want them gone, don't worry about the whys.

EDIT: I didn't install Preloader or bootmii

Alright, I got all of this except for the removal of cios, which I'd just use AnyTitleDeleter for, but I'm on 4.1 which has an official IOS249, which, granted, is a stub, but I want it there

EDIT: I'm an idiot, ignore this. for reference I'll post the steps I took to do this

1) use Dop-IOS to install a normal IOS60
2) use AnyTitleDeleter to delete IOS249 and Channel Title HAXX (Homebrew Channel)
3) use Bannerbomb to load Trucha Bug Restorer with IOS36 and install a normal IOS36
4) TA-DAAAA You're done

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you to nabster for explaining forwarders. Been using them for neogamma and configurable, and they work great. Now i don't have to wait for a channel to be made for every new version of the loaders.

Thanks.

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, this is gonna sound really nooby but...

Is there a way to get my Disc Channel to read backup DVDs without rebooting with hooks or anything like that? Like I go immediately to the System menu and my Disc Channel is already reading/read the DVD like a normal game?
If there is, what do I have to do?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
john.jingle said:

Is there a way to get my Disc Channel to read backup DVDs without rebooting with hooks or anything like that? Like I go immediately to the System menu and my Disc Channel is already reading/read the DVD like a normal game?

cIOSCorp

get the new v3.1
smile.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171297

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
john.jingle said:

yep real easy with the program cioscorps. Cioscorps 3.1 was just released. check the thread out. Bereal careful with it if you plan to use it. Its not recmmedned if you dont know what ur doing. also it would be wise to have bootmii as boot2

dang ur soo quick tj and even hit em with the link

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have bootmii installed, should i do another NAND backup before installing cIOScorps? What does the NAND Backup save anyways? Do they save the Wii's game save files?

I'm currently looking for tutorials on how to install it. I think I read that you need the trucha bug patch on an IOS... I never installed anything like that because I've had my wii since March 08 and only updated to 3.4 (which I think Nintendo didn't include IOS bug fix).

HiBit

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
john.jingle said:
I have bootmii installed, should i do another NAND backup before installing cIOScorps?
I think yes, because with the backup you can restore all the patched IOS'ses.

QUOTE(john.jingle @ Aug 1 2009, 10:11 PM) What does the NAND Backup save anyways? Do they save the Wii's game save files?

I'm currently looking for tutorials on how to install it. I think I read that you need the trucha bug patch on an IOS... I never installed anything like that because I've had my wii since March 08 and only updated to 3.4 (which I think Nintendo didn't include IOS bug fix).
The backup save all from your Wii.
Every setting, the game saves, the files, simply all.

For more information read the (install) faq @ http://www.bootmii.org

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm starting to use the CIOSCorps, it says to put all everything in the SD card, but what's bothering me is where? The root menu or do I put everything in the apps folder (including that one folder with all the wads?)

EDIT: Nevermind... looks like the description tells me to put the wad folder in the root of the SD card.
Wow, that was really easy... I didn't have to do anything but Load the .dol...

Bidoofguy

Custom Title:
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, feel free to call me an idiot, but I'm needing a hand. I downloaded an ISO of Brawl ([Wii]Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl[DVD5][PAL][ESPALWii.com], the 4.3gb version, if that helps) and it was working fine and dandy. Obviously, being curious, I tried out some texture hacks, to see how they looked. Some of them worked, but others didn't, and it freezes when I try to use the characters. The main problem, though, is that no matter what character I use, it now freezes on the results screen. The brawl will happen without any problems, but then, it'll freeze when it tries to go back to the character select screen.

Is there any way to fix it? If it makes a difference (and I get the feeling it probably does) I had installed 'IOS36-64-v1042' and 'IOS38-64-v3610', to get the cheats to work on USBloaderGX. They work, but... it's not much point if the game I was trying to use the cheats on doesn't work.

Oh, and if I've posted this in the wrong place, sorry.

EDIT: Oh, and I should add (In case it wasn't obvious) I'm using a HDD.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Punch Out

I can not get it to run for anything.

Firmware 4.0
CIOS 14 (tried 12, 13, 13b)
IOS 37, 38, 50, 53, 55
NeoGamma R7 RC4

DVD Error (different numbers each time)

What else should I try?

Whooosh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Could someone help me out???

I am new to wiibrew. (I have a ds and flashcart and use homebrew all the time but never wii)
I have virgin v4.1 eu wii. I want to install the homebrew channel but i dont want to brick my wii.(its a shared console so i cant be responible for breaking/bricking it)

I heard that bootmii can save a bricked wii but i heard it is incompatable with system update v4.1

I heard the HBC can be installed with bannerbomb so i read the wiki and downloaded
hackmii installer beta2 and
aad1f_v108.zip from THIS PAGE as it said on the wiki.

i am following THIS GUIDE but am still afraid of damaging the wii.

So am i doing this right???? can this brick my wii???? and if so can i prevent it or cure it when it happens????
unsure.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
winb83 said:
is an LU1109 serial better than an LU65 serial for soft mod purposes?

Yes because you can most likely do a boot2 install of bootmii on an LU11 Wii (serial numbers aren't really a good indication of this but I'm pretty sure LU11 is pretty close to being a launch Wii as those are usually like LU10 or something (mine is at least)). Otherwise you can still achieve all the same things you can on an LU64+ Wii that you can on an LU11 Wii. You just have more of a safety net with a boot2 install of bootmii which you would only be able to do on the older Wii.

Rankio said:
Punch Out

I can not get it to run for anything.

Firmware 4.0
CIOS 14 (tried 12, 13, 13b)
IOS 37, 38, 50, 53, 55
NeoGamma R7 RC4

DVD Error (different numbers each time)

What else should I try?

Are you sure it isn't a bad burn of the game? What did you burn it with originally and at what speed on what type of media?

You could also try NeoGamma R6 since I think R7 TECHNICALLY is still beta. Is the punch out that you got from the same region as your console?

QUOTE(Whooosh @ Aug 1 2009, 03:50 PM)
Could someone help me out???

I am new to wiibrew. (I have a ds and flashcart and use homebrew all the time but never wii)
I have virgin v4.1 eu wii. I want to install the homebrew channel but i dont want to brick my wii.(its a shared console so i cant be responible for breaking/bricking it)

I heard that bootmii can save a bricked wii but i heard it is incompatable with system update v4.1

I heard the HBC can be installed with bannerbomb so i read the wiki and downloaded
hackmii installer beta2 and
aad1f_v108.zip from THIS PAGE as it said on the wiki.

i am following THIS GUIDE but am still afraid of damaging the wii.

So am i doing this right???? can this brick my wii???? and if so can i prevent it or cure it when it happens????
unsure.gif

Bootmii can be installed on any firmware. It has nothing to do with what system menu the Wii is running. The only thing that matters with it is what boot2 version you have on your Wii. If you bought your Wii sometime before mid 2008 then you should still have a boot2v1 or v2 Wii which can still install bootmii to boot2. If you bought it after that, then you may have a boot2v3 or v4 Wii which cannot install bootmii to boot2.

You can't really know for sure until you run the installer though. Just follow the directions directly off the bannerbomb site you linked first: http://rossisross.com/bannerbomb/

The other page you linked just says exactly the same thing word for word.

Just using that to install the HBC/bootmii has virtually NO brick risk at all. The worst that can happen is that your Wii freezes because that version of bannerbomb didn't work or something and you'd just have to hold power to shut it off and try a different version as the site says.

Once you finish those steps and it successfully loads the boot.elf on your sd card, you should be in the hackmii installer. There it will clearly tell you whether or not you can install bootmii to boot2 on your system. The first page will say something like:

Homebrew Channel: Can be installed.

dvdx: Can be installed.

bootmii: Can be installed.

If you can install bootmii to boot2 on your system. If it can't, instead of saying "Can be installed" on the bootmii line, it will say something like "Can only be installed as one variant."

If it says that, then you have a boot2v3 or boot2v4 Wii and can't get any brick protection from bootmii at the moment.

Regardless, just click continue and then click on install the homebrew channel. That will take about 5 seconds to install and it will be done. If the previous page did say that bootmii can be installed, then after installing the HBC click on "bootmii..." and then click on "install as boot2". You can also install as IOS as well either way even if you can't do a boot2 install, but that form of bootmii can only be launched from the HBC so it won't offer any brick protection.

That should be all you need to do to at least get the HBC installed and possibly have brick protection if you were able to do the boot2 install. None of this really has any brick risk at all, but pretty much all you can do at that point is run emulators and geckoOS for legit out of region games and other apps like that.

If you want to get backups and usb loaders going and whatnot you will need to get some cIOS installed which is slightly more work than that and can be dangerous if you try to follow the wrong methods without knowing you can't follow those with your Wii. (If you can do a boot2 install of bootmii and make a NAND backup with it, you can pretty much try ANYTHING regardless and if it bricks you, you can just restore that NAND backup and try something else.)

Sjaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey,
I have a problem with my softmodded Wii. Since I updated to 4.0 firmware, my backuploaders won't load games anymore. For example": with 3.3 I could load Guitar Hero: World Tour, but I didn't have a guitar then, so I couldnt play the game. I bought the guitar a few days ago with Guitar Hero III, but my Guitar Hero: World Tour back-up won't load anymore since I have 4.0 . In Gecko, I just get an error that there is no DVD. With back-uploader, it looks like the game is loading, but then my Wii reboots. I didn't have any of those problems with 3.3 with all my back-ups, and now I can't load one.

So I think I'm gonna downgrade to 3.3 . I heard that's possible? How can I do that? And do you think this is going to work for me? Or are there maybe other solutions, so I can still play those back-ups on 4.0? My Wii is PAL by the way.

Thank you very very much for help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite for people with beefy...