Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you have a virgin 4.0e wii, have bannerbomb 104f which launches HBC 102 installer: What else is needed to play backups?

The obvious answer here is wadman with CIOS v10, but what i really want to know is if you HAVE to downgrade ios35 via an internet based downgrader, or whether theres a simpler way or better an offline method.

Im having a stoopid day today, i cannot think, nor find the answers im after here.

Thanks in advance.

Kii

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
SWORD21 said:
I'm on 4.0U, have preloader, and the skip update check on, and have installed cioscorp. I still can't get backups to read through the disc channel. Any reason why?

Go into preloader settings and change it to run off of iso249.Disc channel loading should work then.

DeadlyFoez said:
QUOTE(SWORD21 @ May 14 2009, 11:28 PM)
I'm on 4.0U, have preloader, and the skip update check on, and have installed cioscorp. I still can't get backups to read through the disc channel. Any reason why?

I think you need to install cios rev 10 first before it will read discs properly. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zdztqgmtnyn

Any word on region free Disc Channel loading? I'm on 4.0E with eloader 2.09 w/Region Free Wii games enabled, CIOSCORP and Backup Launcher Gamma. PAL games show up just fine, but NTSC games are not recognized. I've used Preloader hacks and changed it to ISO249, but still nothing... =/

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
@ Deadlyfoez.

Oh right lol. He's using 3.4E, and doesn't have internet connection for Wii ( unless.. can you just plug it in without any kind of adapter ? )

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ddp127 said:
boot your game through geckoos

But that would imply loading Gecko OS to boot the game, something I can already do with Backup Launcher Gamma or Menu Loader after a reboot. I want to boot them directly through the Disc Channel, like I do with PAL games. I'm using this tutorial. Is RegionFrii my onyl choice?

RanmaFreak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Also, I'm trying to play Little King's Story PAL on my NTSC TV, and it boots up fine but the bottom portion on the screen is cut off( I'm using a Sharp Aquos 720p HDTV). I'm assuming that I'll just have to wait until the NTSC version comes out, but is there any way to get it to work properly?

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ddp127 said:
geckoos has full compatibility (all the games i tried at least), regionfrii not
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Wii...ility_List:_PAL

OK, listen, I get it: Gecko OS is great, no doubt about it. But maybe I'm not making myself clear. I don't want a LOADER, I already have BL Gamma to launch games. All I want is NTSC games to show up in the Disc Channel on my PAL Wii, just like PAL games show up normally, without any special resetting at all. AFAIK, this is possible -- that thread I linked in my previous post says so. If there's no way to do it, well, too bad.

OneOfTheSame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been month since I have open my Wii, I bought a new SD card.

The facts:

-Wii 3.2
-Homebrew Channel installed except it don't work because there is nothing in my SD card
-Possible cIOS installed

Where can I get the files to put back into my SD card?

limesherbert

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what files do you want? check wiibrew.org

and heres my noob question:
how do i install bootmii installer_beta1.elf is an ELF file, meaning I can't boot it through homebrew channel?

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I tried to burn Killer 7 (two discs) and Custom Robo on one disc. Now then, when I tried to load it via GC Backup Launcher, it said "Invalid Format" on my TV. When I tried to load it via the Disc Channel with cIOScorp, it loaded up fine but once I got to chose my region, it said "BootMii Recovery" for no reason but everything worked fine. Is that normal?

kof91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
My noob question of the day

I have been searching and reading around,I cant seems to find anyone with similar situation. I have a wii NTSC-J with a modchip (unknown modchip), the shop people unable to provide the information for the modchip. As far as I can tell the menu is modifed to english 3.1U which is NTSC-U region I believe.

Is it safe to upgrade 3.2U via cios downgrader method?

Thanks
smile.gif

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
limesherbert said:
what files do you want? check wiibrew.org

and heres my noob question:
how do i install bootmii installer_beta1.elf is an ELF file, meaning I can't boot it through homebrew channel?

you can boot elf files, but only the ones that are compiled in the right way, just rename it to boot.elf and put it in a folder in the apps folder and it will boot

QUOTE(kof91 @ May 16 2009, 07:12 AM) My noob question of the day

I have been searching and reading around,I cant seems to find anyone with similar situation. I have a wii NTSC-J with a modchip (unknown modchip), the shop people unable to provide the information for the modchip. As far as I can tell the menu is modifed to english 3.1U which is NTSC-U region I believe.

Is it safe to upgrade 3.2U via cios downgrader method?

Thanks
smile.gif

use anyregionchanger

kof91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
david432111 said:
kof91 said:
ddp127 said:
use anyregionchanger

I am not sure I understand correctly, is it use anyregionchanger to change to ntsc-J and then update the firmware to 3.2U?
All you need to use is anyregionchanger, it changes the region and upgrades/downgrades you to 3.2.

I just have to make sure that region matches the one that I intend to update to?
for example

current region ntsc-J -> ntsc-U
upgrade/downgrade firmware to 3.2U matching the region that I have selected using anyregionchanger

I am assuming from the reply that this upgrade/downgrade has nothing to do with modchip. Any modchip is upgradable/downgadable as long as region is properly selected for the target firmware.

I am trying to upgrade the firmware for my brother's wii console when he had bod something ago. Newer one all comes with 3.2 or 3.3 as standard already. Thanks ddp127 and david432111 for all the help ! I will try to update tonight. hope it goes well.

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
just make sure you change the chip region first, and then the console region...

edit: i just read that you dont know what chip you have, you can try opening your wii, but if you dont want or you cant, can you ask the shop, just give them the serial number from your wii, and they can probably tell...

rogerrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, Quick question , fairly noobish.

With the release of bootmii, I wish to install it.

However Im worried in future updates nintendo could notice if its installed, and maybe brick wii.
Or perhaps new games wont work if new update can detect it

are you sure its safe, and I wont get bricked in future updates
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/aKWVCv8uWDI?si=nPoMq7Ga_-qIk09q