Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

  • Thread starter Thread starter richglix
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,711,713
  • Replies Replies 15,247
  • Likes Likes 14
if you have a virgin 4.0e wii, have bannerbomb 104f which launches HBC 102 installer: What else is needed to play backups?

The obvious answer here is wadman with CIOS v10, but what i really want to know is if you HAVE to downgrade ios35 via an internet based downgrader, or whether theres a simpler way or better an offline method.

Im having a stoopid day today, i cannot think, nor find the answers im after here.

Thanks in advance.

Kii
 
icpmattj said:
SWORD21 said:
I'm on 4.0U, have preloader, and the skip update check on, and have installed cioscorp. I still can't get backups to read through the disc channel. Any reason why?


Go into preloader settings and change it to run off of iso249.Disc channel loading should work then.



DeadlyFoez said:
QUOTE(SWORD21 @ May 14 2009, 11:28 PM)
I'm on 4.0U, have preloader, and the skip update check on, and have installed cioscorp. I still can't get backups to read through the disc channel. Any reason why?

I think you need to install cios rev 10 first before it will read discs properly. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zdztqgmtnyn

Any word on region free Disc Channel loading? I'm on 4.0E with eloader 2.09 w/Region Free Wii games enabled, CIOSCORP and Backup Launcher Gamma. PAL games show up just fine, but NTSC games are not recognized. I've used Preloader hacks and changed it to ISO249, but still nothing... =/
 
@ Deadlyfoez.

Oh right lol. He's using 3.4E, and doesn't have internet connection for Wii ( unless.. can you just plug it in without any kind of adapter ? )
 
ddp127 said:
boot your game through geckoos

But that would imply loading Gecko OS to boot the game, something I can already do with Backup Launcher Gamma or Menu Loader after a reboot. I want to boot them directly through the Disc Channel, like I do with PAL games. I'm using this tutorial. Is RegionFrii my onyl choice?
 
Also, I'm trying to play Little King's Story PAL on my NTSC TV, and it boots up fine but the bottom portion on the screen is cut off( I'm using a Sharp Aquos 720p HDTV). I'm assuming that I'll just have to wait until the NTSC version comes out, but is there any way to get it to work properly?
 
ddp127 said:
geckoos has full compatibility (all the games i tried at least), regionfrii not
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Wii...ility_List:_PAL

OK, listen, I get it: Gecko OS is great, no doubt about it. But maybe I'm not making myself clear. I don't want a LOADER, I already have BL Gamma to launch games. All I want is NTSC games to show up in the Disc Channel on my PAL Wii, just like PAL games show up normally, without any special resetting at all. AFAIK, this is possible -- that thread I linked in my previous post says so. If there's no way to do it, well, too bad.
 
Its been month since I have open my Wii, I bought a new SD card.

The facts:

-Wii 3.2
-Homebrew Channel installed except it don't work because there is nothing in my SD card
-Possible cIOS installed

Where can I get the files to put back into my SD card?
 
what files do you want? check wiibrew.org

and heres my noob question:
how do i install bootmii installer_beta1.elf is an ELF file, meaning I can't boot it through homebrew channel?
 
Ok, so I tried to burn Killer 7 (two discs) and Custom Robo on one disc. Now then, when I tried to load it via GC Backup Launcher, it said "Invalid Format" on my TV. When I tried to load it via the Disc Channel with cIOScorp, it loaded up fine but once I got to chose my region, it said "BootMii Recovery" for no reason but everything worked fine. Is that normal?
 
My noob question of the day

I have been searching and reading around,I cant seems to find anyone with similar situation. I have a wii NTSC-J with a modchip (unknown modchip), the shop people unable to provide the information for the modchip. As far as I can tell the menu is modifed to english 3.1U which is NTSC-U region I believe.

Is it safe to upgrade 3.2U via cios downgrader method?

Thanks
smile.gif
 
limesherbert said:
what files do you want? check wiibrew.org

and heres my noob question:
how do i install bootmii installer_beta1.elf is an ELF file, meaning I can't boot it through homebrew channel?

you can boot elf files, but only the ones that are compiled in the right way, just rename it to boot.elf and put it in a folder in the apps folder and it will boot

QUOTE(kof91 @ May 16 2009, 07:12 AM) My noob question of the day

I have been searching and reading around,I cant seems to find anyone with similar situation. I have a wii NTSC-J with a modchip (unknown modchip), the shop people unable to provide the information for the modchip. As far as I can tell the menu is modifed to english 3.1U which is NTSC-U region I believe.

Is it safe to upgrade 3.2U via cios downgrader method?

Thanks
smile.gif

use anyregionchanger
 
david432111 said:
kof91 said:
ddp127 said:
use anyregionchanger

I am not sure I understand correctly, is it use anyregionchanger to change to ntsc-J and then update the firmware to 3.2U?
All you need to use is anyregionchanger, it changes the region and upgrades/downgrades you to 3.2.

I just have to make sure that region matches the one that I intend to update to?
for example

current region ntsc-J -> ntsc-U
upgrade/downgrade firmware to 3.2U matching the region that I have selected using anyregionchanger

I am assuming from the reply that this upgrade/downgrade has nothing to do with modchip. Any modchip is upgradable/downgadable as long as region is properly selected for the target firmware.

I am trying to upgrade the firmware for my brother's wii console when he had bod something ago. Newer one all comes with 3.2 or 3.3 as standard already. Thanks ddp127 and david432111 for all the help ! I will try to update tonight. hope it goes well.
 
just make sure you change the chip region first, and then the console region...

edit: i just read that you dont know what chip you have, you can try opening your wii, but if you dont want or you cant, can you ask the shop, just give them the serial number from your wii, and they can probably tell...
 
Hi, Quick question , fairly noobish.

With the release of bootmii, I wish to install it.

However Im worried in future updates nintendo could notice if its installed, and maybe brick wii.
Or perhaps new games wont work if new update can detect it

are you sure its safe, and I wont get bricked in future updates
tongue.gif
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted