Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Wack0

Trophies
XP
Country
WalkerOfTheDay said:
Hi a stupid ass friend of a friend who's Wii I setup with Backup Laucher gamma many months ago called me a few days because his backups 'suddenly' don't work anymore. Originals work fine though.

So I told him: "You must have updated to 4.0" "NO, NO, NO i'm positive I didn't" was his reply.
Now he texted me yesterday that he *might* have update afterall.

Now I want to help him downgrade. He has HBC installed and CIOS rev7.
Can I just use Cios Downgrader to get him back to 3.2E ??

No, you must use IOS Downgrader first, then cIOS downgrader.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wack0 said:
WalkerOfTheDay said:
Hi a stupid ass friend of a friend who's Wii I setup with Backup Laucher gamma many months ago called me a few days because his backups 'suddenly' don't work anymore. Originals work fine though.

So I told him: "You must have updated to 4.0" "NO, NO, NO i'm positive I didn't" was his reply.
Now he texted me yesterday that he *might* have update afterall.

Now I want to help him downgrade. He has HBC installed and CIOS rev7.
Can I just use Cios Downgrader to get him back to 3.2E ??

No, you must use IOS Downgrader first, then cIOS downgrader.

Are you absolutely sure of this ? I don't want to brick the guy. Any other people tried this ?

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to change the title that is displayed when I hoover the pointer over a channel. I know how to do it with homebrew, but is there any way to do it with a VC game WAD?

knuj_on

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since my last post, I have got a lot further with covers for USB loader. I found one that worked and downloaded one and found they were 160 * 255, so re-size solved all but one.

Imagine Champion Rider shows up as RW8P41 in the file manager and I have a RW8P41.png with the others on my SD, but I still get no cover (all the others are now O.K.) Checked size ..., so I suppose what I am asking is how do you check the code for the game independently of the file manager ?

*EDIT* Found a way to check the code from WiiBrickBlocker. So what do I have to check in the image ? (Attributes say 96*96 dots per inch, colour, 160*255 pixels)

New SD card makes no difference. Game plays with no problems so I don't think it's the drive. Any suggestions for things to check appreciated.

*EDIT 2* My covers folder contains over 512 images, could my problem be there is a limit to the number of covers it will search in USB Loader 1.5 ? This one cover not working is bugging me. Trusty hex editor gives the "code" as the start of the ISO, 3 people have checked my file naming, even re-named a cover that worked on another game. Please Help.

BigBangAttack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I Have a game backup on my comp.

I have DVD/Rw's.

I have The MiiWii Softmod package on my Wii.

I burned the image(ISO) to one of my DVD/Rw's, wasn't recognised...

Then, I used my noobish intuition to find a site that said I need to use a loader to play back-ups.

I don't know what to use on my Wii.

Help.

-Wii ver. 3.2U
-MiiWii Package(Includes Starfall, Preloader, and the main Installer with all the cIOS's and bug fixes and wads(I think...) )

Thanks in Advance.

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do most apps on the homebrew channel require some sort of online connection?
VBAGX, and SNESGX don't work anymore for some reason (Exception DSi occurrence). I asked on here why they don't work and someone said that I must have an internet connection for it to run properly. This wasn't a huge problem since I don't really play SNES or GBA games much but I wanted to install some wiiware/VC games. My WAD manager doesn't load! Does this app require online connection?!
I'm currently at college where it does not offer WiFi so I cannot really test this out...

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
john.jingle said:
VBAGX, and SNESGX don't work anymore for some reason (Exception DSi occurrence). I asked on here why they don't work and someone said that I must have an internet connection for it to run properly. This wasn't a huge problem since I don't really play SNES or GBA games much but I wanted to install some wiiware/VC games. My WAD manager doesn't load! Does this app require online connection?!
I'm currently at college where it does not offer WiFi so I cannot really test this out...
wad manager doesnt require wifi connection.

What error code was it giving?

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I turned my Wii on, and discovered that both Majora's Mask and Super Mario RPG has been deleted!
What happened!?
I'm on 3.2E, cIOS249rev7 and CIOSCORP.
Today I uninstalled DVDX.
(don't know if it's relevant, just saying it for sure)

Nafest

Trophies
XP
Country
Heya as the topic say im a really big noob at this frown.gif

so ive been reading my ass off all day, but only to get even more confused.

so where am i at?.
my wii firmware is 3.4u
its an EU model.
got a hold of zelda : the twillight princess
got 500gb hd ready(but empty)
got sd card ready(but empty)

but i really got lost in whitch programs i needed to make it all work from nothing to start playing backup iso`s from my extern usb harddrive?
went in here knowing of 1 now ive seen loads of names and versions and have no idea what i should get.

so what i really would ask is what do i need to install and it what order?.(just spam a list of names in the order i need to install them and ill read the how to do guides/torturials myself on each one of them)

hmm, i think that sums it up.
ill be right here spamming refresh all night, hoping someone can help me smile.gif

Nafest over and out in idling possition.

btw what does "brick" and "semi brick" mean?

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Nafest said:
Heya as the topic say im a really big noob at this frown.gif

so ive been reading my ass off all day, but only to get even more confused.

so where am i at?.
my wii firmware is 3.4u
its an EU model.
got a hold of zelda : the twillight princess
got 500gb hd ready(but empty)
got sd card ready(but empty)

but i really got lost in whitch programs i needed to make it all work from nothing to start playing backup iso`s from my extern usb harddrive?
went in here knowing of 1 now ive seen loads of names and versions and have no idea what i should get.

so what i really would ask is what do i need to install and it what order?.(just spam a list of names in the order i need to install them and ill read the how to do guides/torturials myself on each one of them)

hmm, i think that sums it up.
ill be right here spamming refresh all night, hoping someone can help me smile.gif

Nafest over and out in idling possition.

btw what does "brick" and "semi brick" mean?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144...t=0&start=0
It's the BIG sticki'd thread, how could you possibly miss it? It'll help get you up and running.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
john.jingle said:
Nope they don't require any internet connection. I don't know what could be wrong but try downloading them again and running them from hbc, not from any channels and see if that helps.

ging

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Didn't want to make a new thread so I thought i'd ask here.

I know that bricking the Wii is possible from a bad copy of a Wiiware game, and that Nintendo can detect traces of illegal Wiiware games, even after uninstallation.

What i'd like to know is whether anyone has had their Wii blacklisted / bricked because Nintendo detected their Wii was running illegal Wiiware games?

Also like to say a quick thanks for all the effort put into this site.

Had no idea how to run homebrew, but a few hours later with the help of GBAtemp, I was running backups via USB Flash and enjoying NES / SNES emulators
biggrin.gif

Thanks again!

Cheerio,

Ging
biggrin.gif

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
ging said:
Hi guys,

Didn't want to make a new thread so I thought i'd ask here.

I know that bricking the Wii is possible from a bad copy of a Wiiware game, and that Nintendo can detect traces of illegal Wiiware games, even after uninstallation.

What i'd like to know is whether anyone has had their Wii blacklisted / bricked because Nintendo detected their Wii was running illegal Wiiware games?

Also like to say a quick thanks for all the effort put into this site.

Had no idea how to run homebrew, but a few hours later with the help of GBAtemp, I was running backups via USB Flash and enjoying NES / SNES emulators
biggrin.gif

Thanks again!

Cheerio,

Ging
biggrin.gif
They don't have any method put in place to actually check if you're using an illegal wiiware game.
And again, nintendo can't blacklist your wii for anything not even online play.

aljabiraa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
right get this out the way then...

i haven't been on this forum for a good while and the last thing i remember was the big hype over wiigator gamma. I come back to see the first few pages filled with this 'usb loader'

what is it? i assume its how you can put an iso on a flash drive and use fancy software to load it? correct me if i'm worng.

(oh and i dont need to backup games as that is what it seems like at first glance)

Jave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a hardware modded Wii at 3.3U.

I'd like to be able to run the "SD Card" channel

I upgraded to 4.0 through Nintendo. Big mistake.

Spent hours downgrading back to 3.3U.

I'm wondering if someone can explain to me if I can add this functionality without the problems of 4.0 system menu from Nintendo.

Specifically, I found I could not load new WADs onto my machine via Wad Manager ... and I couldn't even load my SD Card channels that I'd copied from my Wii (Just got immediately "Failure to Load")

Very dissapointed. Happy to not have a problem still thanks to downgrade. Thank God they implemented this.

Is my question clear? I've read much but it is a bit over my head I think.

Thank you for your time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo