Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Mr. Nibbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Do backup games have any slowdowns as a result of being played from the USB/SD?

2. Instead of ripping my games to the USB, can I rip them onto an external harddrive and play backups from that?

3. Is there any point to getting a modchip, now that USB Loader exists? I wanted one for backups and to play Japanese games.

Qlczas

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hi!

i've read three different forums and still can't get final answer...

I know that there is expolit to install HBC on virgin 4.0U (and not for 4.0E),

by using either a Zelda - from NES bought in Wii Shop Channel (there are files package on the net)

or using the Super Mario Bros. from NES also bought for Wii points,

but as far as I know, and after trying MYSELF the Zelda method, i got on my wii "this channel cannot be launched on this console" - after I exchanged the folders with the original Zelda game with the zelda hacked for HBC installation.

I've read on this forum that I should change the key for my OWN Wii console key, which i should get from any originaly downloaded channel - from it's .bin file, and put that key into the channel with zelda-HBC installation,

but how to manage that? I know that it includes some programming knowledge?

and what about the method with the Super Mario Bros. Channel? it also don't work for the moment?

D

Deleted User

Mr. Nibbles said:
1. Do backup games have any slowdowns as a result of being played from the USB/SD?

2. Instead of ripping my games to the USB, can I rip them onto an external harddrive and play backups from that?

3. Is there any point to getting a modchip, now that USB Loader exists? I wanted one for backups and to play Japanese games.

1. From SD/USB? No, it's faster (Confirmed with Bully and Rune Factory Frontier backup).

2.Well, external harddrive is USB'd, no? I'm currently using a 2.5-USB 80 GB hard drive with no problems.

3.There might be a point, as I have one. But still, thinking about USB Loader, I guess not anymore.

QUOTE(Qlczas @ Apr 21 2009, 06:35 PM) hi!

i've read three different forums and still can't get final answer...

I know that there is expolit to install HBC on virgin 4.0U (and not for 4.0E),

by using either a Zelda - from NES bought in Wii Shop Channel (there are files package on the net)

or using the Super Mario Bros. from NES also bought for Wii points,

but as far as I know, and after trying MYSELF the Zelda method, i got on my wii "this channel cannot be launched on this console" - after I exchanged the folders with the original Zelda game with the zelda hacked for HBC installation.

I've read on this forum that I should change the key for my OWN Wii console key, which i should get from any originaly downloaded channel - from it's .bin file, and put that key into the channel with zelda-HBC installation,

but how to manage that? I know that it includes some programming knowledge?

and what about the method with the Super Mario Bros. Channel? it also don't work for the moment?

I don't think there's an exploit for 4.0. Else, there'd be gazillions of topics regarding the new exploit. I think you might be talking about Twilight Hack (A hacked Zelda save).

There ain't no exploit about Zelda - NES or Mario - NES.

And there ain't no Twilight Hack for 4.0. Wait for bannerbomb ( A true, confirmed exploit)

hawker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mr. Nibbles said:

1. None that I have noticed so far

2. Not sure what you mean about external HD instead of USB. You can rip games from the wii to a suitable HD attached using USBLoader, you do need a external HD that is compatible, check the wikki. The HD needs to be formatted with WBFS

3. You need to install the Homebrew Channel and a backup launcher

wiiman123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
For some great n00b guides go here:

http://webrewwii.blogspot.com
bow.gif
grog.gif
yay.gif

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do you partition an external hard drive using XP?

I'm in the Disk Management, and it locates my external, but I don't know how to make a partition. And the Help files won't load for some reason.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it.

Mr. Nibbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops. When I said can I run it from an HDD instead of a USB I meant a USB flash drive. I assumed that everyone was ripping there games onto flash drives.

one other question: How do GCN backups handle with SD/USB Loader?

kekkie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a question,

how can i change the diskid's so that i can put multiple versions of guitar hero on my HD.
Thanx

EDIT:

sorry for the dubbel post!

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there, I just got a Wii with fw 3.4u and I was looking forward to be able to play backups and from USB.
I was going to install the Softmii 2.1.1 pack but after reading the instructions and the forums here I have a few questions.

First let me tell what I already did:
1. Installed HBC using the Twilight Hack
2. From the Softmii 2.1.1 package I installed IOS16 and CIOS249r7
3. Installed CIOS249r10 using Waninkoko's installer

OK, with only those things, I was able to install and play Megaman 9 and Zelda OoT, but most importantly, I was able to run USB Loader 1.5 and play a few games (Mario Galaxy, Zelda TP, WarioWare, Wii Play, Wii Sports and Mario Kart).

Now here are my questions:
1. Is there any chance my Wii will brick if I try to play a more recent game with USB Loader?
2. Can I use Backup Loader with this setup?
3. Can I install Preloader 0.28 with this setup?
4. Can I run emulators with this setup? Do I need to install DVDx to be able to load roms from a DVD?
5. Why is it necessary to downgrade to 3.2 if I'm able to run games and DLC with the current firmware?
6. Why do I need to install CIOSCORP?
7. What do I need to be able to play NGC games?
8. If it's really necessary to downgrade (+all the other things), can I do it without wifi connection?

Thanks for any help

babybusa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
omanish said:
When you boot the game from usb loader an error pops up (dump?) and it gives you the black screen with a bunch of white font...what causes this?
I'm using 4gb usb drive to test things out and Paper Mario works fine but when I tried Boom Blox and Wii sports I get this error. They were working before when I first backed them up. Is it corrupted? Maybe a sucky usb drive?

If you have everything on it backed up already, have you tried reformatting the USB drive and trying again?

Canuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it not easier just to buy wiikey 2 and use that instead of using all these programs and having to update regularly ? Just wondering why put myself through all this bother ?

pangasinan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i installed twilight hack on my 3.3 without any problems,now i want to install it on my bros 3.4 wii,so is all i do is just change the twilight-hack-v0.1-beta1 file with twilight-hack-v0.1-beta2 file?and then do the same as i did for 3.3 or is there more to do ?...thanks

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pangasinan said:
Hi i installed twilight hack on my 3.3 without any problems,now i want to install it on my bros 3.4 wii,so is all i do is just change the twilight-hack-v0.1-beta1 file with twilight-hack-v0.1-beta2 file?and then do the same as i did for 3.3 or is there more to do ?...thanks

Yes, thats all you do

Canuk said:
Is it not easier just to buy wiikey 2 and use that instead of using all these programs and having to update regularly ? Just wondering why put myself through all this bother ?

Well if your pro at soddering and all you want to do is play games from the disk channel.. I mean if you want to play games from disk channel, then just run cioscorpv2 once and your done. If your satisfied with one version that does what you need it too do, then theres no point in updating too new versions. Plus theres usbloaders which mod chips dont support.

QUOTE(JonathanEyoon @ Apr 20 2009, 08:52 PM)
My local Best Buy had a Serial number that began with LU11xxxxxxx and I was wondering exactly how old can I expect this to be?

omg mine is LU11 and i bought it the day after release
rofl2.gif

ilnyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
I would really recomend that you search for the LATEST cIOS36_r10, cause the one in some Gamma .rar's is r7, it'll work, but if you want to use the USB loader, you'll need the r10.
I removed whatever IOS36 I had and installed the rev 10. Then I also followed big moe's guide change my firmware version to 3.2 and to install starfall plus a bunch of others. Now the loader and loader channel are both working. Fortunately the dvd+r burned with nero wasn't the problem. Thanks so much for the answer!

MidnightR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I'm asking so many questions. I really am trying to find the answers myself but I'm coming up short
sleep.gif

Has someone come with with something like Ocarina for the Gamecube Backup Launcher? And if not, what version of Action Replay should I get?

I actually used to have the retail version of Action Replay so I have the needed save on my memory card. But I don't know if that matters. I'm trying to play my retail copy of Resident Evil with unlimited ammo. I love the games but I'm such a girl when it comes to them
dry.gif

tolax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked at lots of the USB loaders and have 1.5 running happily from the homebrew channel.

The Hard Drive attached to the Wii has a number of kids games and mature games. Rather than have my kids have to navigate the HB Channel is there a

Channel that shows cover art and either hides or at least restricts what you can launch? So if my daughter selects 'Disney Princess' all works fine but Mad World would not be shown/launched?

Thanks

Tolax

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!