icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tolax said:
I've looked at lots of the USB loaders and have 1.5 running happily from the homebrew channel.

The Hard Drive attached to the Wii has a number of kids games and mature games. Rather than have my kids have to navigate the HB Channel is there a

Channel that shows cover art and either hides or at least restricts what you can launch? So if my daughter selects 'Disney Princess' all works fine but Mad World would not be shown/launched?

Thanks

Tolax

yes there is.Look for a loader called THE ULTIMATE LOADER.The thread for it is over 250+ pages.
Its fully configurable so you can make certain games not show up on the menu but still be on the drive.

BigBangAttack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I put IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad on my Wii, Then I put cIOS36rev8.wad after that...

I was going to downgrade from 3.4U-3.2U, But ARC Offline had a red warning at the top saying mismatch of area/sysmenu...

Sooo, I looked up the problem on here, and I saw someone with almost the same problem, I did not want to Brick my Wii, So I have not checked the HomeBrew Channel since...

I have the "Wii Fix Tools" thingy on My Desktop, But I do not know how I should Take out the cOIS36rev8.wad from my Wii. I was thinking about AnyTitleDeleter, but I'm not sure I trust myself...

The only reason I want to take it out is so I can follow a different Manual on this site, I forget who did it, but I thank them alot...

plz help me with my problem ASAP

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimanizer said:
wiimanizer said:
does marble saga: kororinpa need any special instruction, like IOS249 patching or using the 002gamma fix launcher to make it work and which one?
can anyone please get a confirmation on this?

QUOTE(wiimanizer @ Apr 21 2009, 12:38 AM)
speaking of which, with what telekenetix has to say, is there a fix for GH: WT to make the music store 100% functional or at least near 100%?
PLEASE!!! i need to know this!
none of my 2 questions i have posted so far are getting answered
frown.gif

Flamerokz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi everyone,
Sorry if this question has already been asked but I'm not really sure what kind of search terms I would put for this...
When I load the Ultimate USB Loader either via the Channel Forwarder or through the HBC, my wiimote seems to have cut connection as none of the lights are on any longer. In addition to that, pressing A, or 1+2, or any button on the Wiimote does not flash up any lights like it usually does at all unless I do a hard shut down on the Wii. Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
@ ssjkakaroto

Now here are my questions:
1. Is there any chance my Wii will brick if I try to play a more recent game with USB Loader? No , usbloader blocks updates
2. Can I use Backup Loader with this setup? Yes
3. Can I install Preloader 0.28 with this setup? Yes and will block updates on the disk channel if enabled so you won't even need backup launcher!
4. Can I run emulators with this setup? Do I need to install DVDx to be able to load roms from a DVD? Yes & yes
5. Why is it necessary to downgrade to 3.2 if I'm able to run games and DLC with the current firmware? 3.2 has the truncha bug in it! not sure what it does but 3.2 is like the psp's version of 1.5 firmware
6. Why do I need to install CIOSCORP? unsure about that one
7. What do I need to be able to play NGC games? dvd - disks for a start and WiiGator Backup Launcher
8. If it's really necessary to downgrade (+all the other things), can I do it without wifi connection? yes you can usually downgrade without a network connection by having the right files/wads on your sd card but its not necessary to downgrade if your setup works for you.

paul

Ochobobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody please explain error ret -2011 to me? I keep on getting that when trying to install a .wad file.

From what I understand it has something to do with the cIOS I have. Problem is I got 4.0 before I tried to install a cIOS. I used this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735 to try and downgrade and install one, but once I got up to step 9 I got error ret -2011.

Could someone please help me with this?

Thanks.

kekkie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a question,

how can i change the diskid's so that i can put multiple versions of guitar hero on my HD.
Thanx

a small tut would be nice

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'll use red for this one
smile.gif

wiimanizer said:
does marble saga: kororinpa need any special instruction, like IOS249 patching or using the 002gamma fix launcher to make it work and which one?

Kororimpa needs 002 fix I believe. All you have to do is get a backup launcher with 002 fix

speaking of which, with what telekenetix has to say, is there a fix for GH: WT to make the music store 100% functional or at least near 100%?
PLEASE!!! i need to know this!
none of my 2 questions i have posted so far are getting answered
frown.gif

Not sure, but maybe you need the newest wii shop channel

paul3100 said:
@ ssjkakaroto

QUOTENow here are my questions:
1. Is there any chance my Wii will brick if I try to play a more recent game with USB Loader? It will block any update and can run games from other regions without any problem. Newer games will not brick your wii, but there is a chance they won't work till a newer usb loader comes out
2. Can I use Backup Loader with this setup? Of course
3. Can I install Preloader 0.28 with this setup? If you are on 4.0, you need preloader 0.29, else you can use preloader 0.28
4. Can I run emulators with this setup? Yes Do I need to install DVDx to be able to load roms from a DVD? Yes
5. Why is it necessary to downgrade to 3.2 if I'm able to run games and DLC with the current firmware? It is not required to downgrade to 3.2. You need however to run the IOS downgrader and then install a cIOS (being cIOS36r9 or cIOS36r10)
6. Why do I need to install CIOSCORP? installing cIOSCorp is not needed unless you want to play backups from the disc channel
7. What do I need to be able to play NGC games? I assume you mean backups as normal gc games play from the disc channel. First you'll need a cIOS installed (see 5), on top of that you need the new patched MIOS, finally you need the GC backup launcher in app form/channel
8. If it's really necessary to downgrade (+all the other things), can I do it without wifi connection? What Paul said

paul Tj
wink.gif

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the answers paul and Tj!
yay.gif

I just didn't understand this Tj:
QUOTE said:
It is not required to downgrade to 3.2. You need however to run the IOS downgrader and then install a cIOS (being cIOS36r9 or cIOS36r10)
I installed cIOS36r10 using Waninkoko's installer without running IOS downgrader, do I still need to run it?

tolax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
tolax said:
I've looked at lots of the USB loaders and have 1.5 running happily from the homebrew channel.

The Hard Drive attached to the Wii has a number of kids games and mature games. Rather than have my kids have to navigate the HB Channel is there a

Channel that shows cover art and either hides or at least restricts what you can launch? So if my daughter selects 'Disney Princess' all works fine but Mad World would not be shown/launched?

Thanks

Tolax

yes there is.Look for a loader called THE ULTIMATE LOADER.The thread for it is over 250+ pages.
Its fully configurable so you can make certain games not show up on the menu but still be on the drive.

Thanks for the quick reply. I saw this (in fact I think it was the first thing I installed via the Homebrew Channel). Is there a channel option though? Also would it possible to install the channel twice - I'm thinking I have one 'channel' that the kids use with just a subset of games and another channel that uses a different config file which then shows all games?

Cheers

Tolax

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tolax said:
icpmattj said:
tolax said:

Thanks

Tolax

Thanks for the quick reply. I saw this (in fact I think it was the first thing I installed via the Homebrew Channel). Is there a channel option though? Also would it possible to install the channel twice - I'm thinking I have one 'channel' that the kids use with just a subset of games and another channel that uses a different config file which then shows all games?

Cheers

Tolax

You could get 2 seperate channel forwarders.

1 for your games and 1 for the kids games.Both would need to point to different places on the sd card though with their own config files.

A50SNAKE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have read alot and i am soo confused with the USB loader changes and everything going on...

here's what i have done:

EoC guide to get my wii soft modd'd
noobwarrior7:The Backup Suite 4 0 FINAL to get everything to where it is now ( this is the thread for this one http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=114...;#entry1529161)

what i want to do, run usb loader(s) and have USB 2.0 support and possibly load my backups from the disk channel, depending on if i love the usb loaders like i think i will.

i think i need the latest cios36_rev10 for the usb loader, and cios corp (not sure which version) if i decide to launch backups from disk channel. but not sure what else...and tips or tricks would be great.

also, can someone explain to me please the forwarders? so that i can set up a channel on the menu to launch my usb loader(s).

thanks again.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A50SNAKE said:
i have read alot and i am soo confused with the USB loader changes and everything going on...

here's what i have done:

noobwarrior7:The Backup Suite 4 0 FINAL to get everything to where it is now ( this is the thread for this one http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=114...;#entry1529161)

what i want to do, run usb loader(s) and have USB 2.0 support and possibly load my backups from the disk channel, depending on if i love the usb loaders like i think i will.

i think i need the latest cios36_rev10 for the usb loader, and cios corp (not sure which version) if i decide to launch backups from disk channel. but not sure what else...and tips or tricks would be great.

also, can someone explain to me please the forwarders? so that i can set up a channel on the menu to launch my usb loader(s).

thanks again.

You will need cios36 rev 10 for usb loader.It also adds usb 2.0 support(it was included in rev9)

A forwarder channel is basically a shortcut.

It will look for a certain folder on your sd card to run the boot.dol from.
That way if the application gets updated often you can just change the boot.dol file and still use the same channel on the wii.

A50SNAKE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
icpmattj said:
A50SNAKE said:

here's what i have done:

thanks again.

You will need cios36 rev 10 for usb loader.It also adds usb 2.0 support(it was included in rev9)

A forwarder channel is basically a shortcut.

It will look for a certain folder on your sd card to run the boot.dol from.
That way if the application gets updated often you can just change the boot.dol file and still use the same channel on the wii.

thanks icpmattj, thats what i wanted to hear...

so for the forwarder, is there a way to edit them, or point them to the loader of your choice...thanks...

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
BigBangAttack said:
I put IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad on my Wii, Then I put cIOS36rev8.wad after that...

I was going to downgrade from 3.4U-3.2U, But ARC Offline had a red warning at the top saying mismatch of area/sysmenu...

Sooo, I looked up the problem on here, and I saw someone with almost the same problem, I did not want to Brick my Wii, So I have not checked the HomeBrew Channel since...

I have the "Wii Fix Tools" thingy on My Desktop, But I do not know how I should Take out the cOIS36rev8.wad from my Wii. I was thinking about AnyTitleDeleter, but I'm not sure I trust myself...

The only reason I want to take it out is so I can follow a different Manual on this site, I forget who did it, but I thank them alot...

plz help me with my problem ASAP
It is not advised to delete a cIOS
Maybe you should try another offline downgrade guide that doesn't need ARC
edit: whoops you already got one
tongue.gif
, but still no need to delete cIOS36r8 (if you really want it gone use the any title deleter or install cIOS36r9 over it)

Canuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canuk said:
Is it not easier just to buy wiikey 2 and use that instead of using all these programs and having to update regularly ? Just wondering why put myself through all this bother ?

QUOTEWell if your pro at soddering and all you want to do is play games from the disk channel.. I mean if you want to play games from disk channel, then just run cioscorpv2 once and your done. If your satisfied with one version that does what you need it too do, then theres no point in updating too new versions. Plus theres usbloaders which mod chips dont support.

Does the cioscorpv2 let me boot direct from dvdr ? As I thought all of these loaders would only boot from SD or USB device ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn