bowserevilking

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a post on the previous page nobody's answering.
Anybody, seriously!
frown.gif

Hyroero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How hard is it to install preloader and is it easy to brick your wii with it?

Preloader can fix your wii if you brick it right? by loading the HBC first so you can uninstall or replace things?

technologiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running 3.2 w/ Gamma Loader & Starfall but want to get up to date - now what?

So a while back I downgraded my 3.4U Wii running HBC to 3.2 with the Gamma loader installed and Stafall. I followed 'EmperorOfCanada's guide to a tee (except I didn't install IOS38 at the end for Animal crossing).

My question is this. I'd like to get the advantages of the new 4.0 system menu and my understanding is that Starfall may be outdated. What steps do I need to take to get my Wii up to date and still be able to install/run WADs as well as use the gamma loader?

Thanks!

Rassium

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paul3100 said:
The usb loader 10./1.1 isn't 100% compatible so your going to get a few that don't work!

I have 40+ games on my h/d and the only one that doesn't work is tiger woods 09 , loads up fine and shows me whats new in this version but as soon as i press a to move onto the actual game it just freezes!

Some games need a dvd (any old dvd) in the wii drive to get a game to work as i found out with another game i have , all i can suggest other than what i already have is to reinstall the games again to your h/d or wait for a future fix to usbloader.

That's what I was afraid of, but the reason I decided to ask was because it's listed as compatible (at least the PAL version is) over on the wiki. And sadly, I've had this freezing with and without a disc in the drive. Oh well.

Anyway, thanks for the quick response, and I hope they find a solution for these few straggler games soon!

.:Sam:.

Trophies
XP
Country
Having used Wiigators Backup Launcher since it's initial release I decided to try out his newer version - The GameCube backup launcher. I downloaded four games and together their sizes do not breach 4.70GB; which is the size of one CD. Instead of needlesely throwing CD's away I thought it might be a good idea to burn multiple images onto one CD for Wiigators backup launcher, if this is possible to do.
unsure.gif
Can I do this? If so, what programs would I need to burn multiple ISO's onto a single disk and then be able to select which game on the disc I wish to play on the backup launcher? I would appreaciate any help you gan give to me.
yay.gif

obake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.:Sam:. said:
Having used Wiigators Backup Launcher since it's initial release I decided to try out his newer version - The GameCube backup launcher. I downloaded four games and together their sizes do not breach 4.70GB; which is the size of one CD. Instead of needlesely throwing CD's away I thought it might be a good idea to burn multiple images onto one CD for Wiigators backup launcher, if this is possible to do.
unsure.gif
Can I do this? If so, what programs would I need to burn multiple ISO's onto a single disk and then be able to select which game on the disc I wish to play on the backup launcher? I would appreaciate any help you gan give to me.
yay.gif

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's possible. I mean, you could burn the ISO files straight to the disc, but I think the Loader only knows how to handle, for lack of a better word, an "uncompressed" image and not a straight ISO file.

.:Sam:.

Trophies
XP
Country
I do apologiese, I am not an adapt with computer enxtensions and such. I simply burn the files I download strait to a disk and they are generally in the ISO format. (.iso) And they have always worked fine.

bowserevilking

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
obake said:
.:Sam:. said:
unsure.gif
yay.gif

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's possible. I mean, you could burn the ISO files straight to the disc, but I think the Loader only knows how to handle, for lack of a better word, an "uncompressed" image and not a straight ISO file.
First of all, you mean dvd, not cd.
rolleyes.gif

You're looking for something called "GCOS Multigame version" I think. As far as I know, it "fuses" the ISO's together, and gives it a menu so you can choose. Google for it.
grog.gif

Now can someone answer my problem two pages back?

Hyroero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hyroero said:

Preloader can fix your wii if you brick it right? by loading the HBC first so you can uninstall or replace things?

Bump for halp with this.

D

Deleted User

Hyroero said:
Hyroero said:

Bump for halp with this.

It's easy to install Preloader. Follow a guide by me. It's in here somewhere.

Yes, preloader can fix your Wii if you brick it, else, it won't be called "Anti-brick" application.

There's several method to fix a banner brick (Most common brick):
1)Launch a dol in the root of your SD Card through the menu

2)Go into HBC

justinvw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, thats the exact message i get.

Dvd read error (320)

its odd coz i cant seem to find anyone else with this error.

im using backup launcher 0.3 gamma, it also sayswii gator 3 at the top.

3.1e also

KennethNL

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another noob question: this is what I get when I try to use Starfall: Sfs_seek() FAILED:-101. I'm on 3.2E on a PAL Wii with Wiikey. I need Starfall to play Sonic and the Black Knight. If anyone can help me with this, I would be very gratefull!

Hyroero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
afif95 said:
Hyroero said:
Hyroero said:

Bump for halp with this.

It's easy to install Preloader. Follow a guide by me. It's in here somewhere.

Yes, preloader can fix your Wii if you brick it, else, it won't be called "Anti-brick" application.

There's several method to fix a banner brick (Most common brick):
1)Launch a dol in the root of your SD Card through the menu

2)Go into HBC

Cant find it sorry
frown.gif

I have wii version 3.1e so i need to know how to install preloader and not brick my wii..

Or is it worth not using and just being carefull.

Also if you install a cIOS36 rev 10 can you brick your wii with it? i dont full understand what rev 10 is i think i have rev9 on my wii.

Niklas_101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will you be unable to play fakesigned games that have been scrubbed, brickblocked or regionfrii-ed if you update your firmware to the latest version?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Niklas_101 said:
Will you be unable to play fakesigned games that have been scrubbed, brickblocked or regionfrii-ed if you update your firmware to the latest version?
if you do it the official way -> yes

QUOTE(Hyroero @ Apr 12 2009, 12:07 PM) Cant find it sorry
frown.gif

I have wii version 3.1e so i need to know how to install preloader and not brick my wii..

Or is it worth not using and just being carefull.

Also if you install a cIOS36 rev 10 can you brick your wii with it? i dont full understand what rev 10 is i think i have rev9 on my wii.
preloader is designed for 3.2 so you might wanna upgrade to it
installing cIOS36r10 should not brick your wii, it adds SD card reading functions for backups

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=135174

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazons-cloud-unit-pauses-orders-134219461.html?guccounter=1 mmm