Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Creqaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After I installed/used everything (preloader, cioscorp, was manager, ios downgrader, hbc installer) I can delete the files from my SD card right? and for preloader I just need to keep hack.ini right?

obake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii is 4.0U, upgraded through network system update from Nintendo.

I have the Homebrew Channel installed from before I upgraded to 4.0U.

I would like to be able to play backed up games from disc. There seem to be a lot of methods. What's the easiest way for me to do so?

Thanks!

pakistexican88x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, the following is my setup of my wii
Firmware 3.2u
Modded using the Oct 23rd fix guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945&st=0
Backup Launcher Gamma (WITHOUT 02 fix)
Installed cIOS rev8
Installed IOSs 38, 53, and 55

Now, for my question, could I use the "Install Shop IOS51" app from the Oct 23rd fix to update my shop channel? Or do i have to wait for someone to make a new app for the new update (if someone hasnt already)? And if I can use the one form the guide, do I still choose Yes, Yes, Yes to the 3 questions in the app?

D

Deleted User

ndstuff said:
I'm going to install homebrew's in this order, is it fine?

1)Zelda Twilight Princess hack
2)Homebrew Channel 1.01
3)wad manager 1.3
4)cios36 rev 9
5)Backup launcher...
now, wiigator's backup launcher gamma 0.3 002fix or Softchip , which one should I pick?
and please could you pm me or link the best and most recent one?

Installing both will work fine. And I greatly recommend you get both. or get the new USB Loader.

Django0 said:
After I installed/used everything (preloader, cioscorp, was manager, ios downgrader, hbc installer) I can delete the files from my SD card right? and for preloader I just need to keep hack.ini right?

Yes. For preloader, you just have to keep hacks.ini

obake said:

I would like to be able to play backed up games from disc. There seem to be a lot of methods. What's the easiest way for me to do so?

Thanks!

Backup Launcher Gamma. Install the latest CIOS, and use that thing.

Or seriously, read around stickies.

QUOTE(pakistexican88x @ Apr 10 2009, 07:06 AM)
Firmware 3.2u
Modded using the Oct 23rd fix guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945&st=0
Installed cIOS rev8

Now, for my question, could I use the "Install Shop IOS51" app from the Oct 23rd fix to update my shop channel? Or do i have to wait for someone to make a new app for the new update (if someone hasnt already)? And if I can use the one form the guide, do I still choose Yes, Yes, Yes to the 3 questions in the app?

No. New shop channel uses IOS 61 and the latest Shop Channel. There's an installer here somewhere.

pakistexican88x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
pakistexican88x said:
Firmware 3.2u
Installed cIOS rev8

No. New shop channel uses IOS 61 and the latest Shop Channel. There's an installer here somewhere.

I think i've found it. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiSCU
Yes?

obake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
obake said:

Thanks!

Backup Launcher Gamma. Install the latest CIOS, and use that thing.

Or seriously, read around stickies.

Thanks. I read the stickies, but wasn't sure if my having 4.0 would affect anything, despite my already having the Homebrew Channel installed.

Again, thanks for your help!

jhanuska

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK not sure if this is been asked or not but i went through and looked and i wasn't able to find anything so I'm going to ask.

Has anyone gotten this and know what to do? I have a 3.3u Wii and its an older wii not one of the new ones with the lu 64. I used http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack and now I'm getting this code and I'm not sure what to do. the first four of my wii are 6206 and I'm using a 512mb simple tech SD card. I'm so close just need a lil help. anyone able to help please i wanna play gh-m so bad i've been on Google all nite looking and nothing.

code is error Failed to read boot.elf (-1)

And i also know this so i tried it but No luck

.ELF files are no longer used... You need to convert the Boot.ELF file into a Boot.DOL file. You can find the converter here:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/ELF_to_DOL_Converter

Help!

ndstuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
It's all the same thing, but people tend to call it differently. I'm confused too since there are tons of repacks(they shouldn't be allowed anyway : /) and each one has different settings like 002fix, autoboot, forcepal, forntsc and or something, no idea what they do. And there's SoftChip which works like gamma too.

Hyroero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ndstuff said:
It's all the same thing, but people tend to call it differently. I'm confused too since there are tons of repacks(they shouldn't be allowed anyway : /) and each one has different settings like 002fix, autoboot, forcepal, forntsc and or something, no idea what they do. And there's SoftChip which works like gamma too.

Gets me really confused when there are some many names for the same thing...

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hyroero said:
ndstuff said:

For the best loader, use Gamma Loader with 002 Fix. Easiest way

Hyroero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MicShadow said:
Hyroero said:
ndstuff said:

For the best loader, use Gamma Loader with 002 Fix. Easiest way

How can i tell what loader i am using?

I just have a channel called Backup Loader that seems to run all my back ups fine.

I softmoded my wii with the twilight hack using a newbie guide from maxconsole, twas easy.

Also another question while i am at it, do i need preloader or starfall? i have the homebrew channel, iso dumper, gc backup launcher and wii backup launcher, i play on installing the USB launcher tomorrow after i get a new drive.

I really don't want to brick my wii.

Also i can run games from NTSC on my PAL wii but i thought you needed to patch them or use a special program to run them.

ndstuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I've ecountered a lot of backup launchers with different gui, as well as settings:

Autoload press 1 for menu no force NO banner :
Normal no force with gamma banner :
Autoload Force NTSC with gamma banner :
Autoload Force PAL50 with gamma banner :
Autoload Force PAL60 with gamma banner :
Some are in .dol other in .wad
And to top of that there are one "channel" and HBC versions.
I belive autload=autoboot, so what do they do?

Angelus3K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Angelus3K said:
When I burn a Wii ISO to DVD, is there anyway to then make another copy of the DVD or extract ISO back to PC to reburn?

Put the DVD in your PC, start up IMGBurn and then Create Image File from Disc.

Thanks mate, for some reason I was thinking that because PC drives can't read Wii game discs that they couldnt read Wii game copies either.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a quick question about WiiWare. As you may now, Pokémon Ranch has got an upgrade that enables it to connect with Platinum, among other things. I got the Pokémon Ranch WAD some months ago, it works perfectly fine even from the SD, but I don't know how to update it. Can anyone help me out with this? Do I need a new WAD or can I update through the Wii Channel?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny