outlawpika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outlawpika said:
i have a serious problem.....
i recently attempted to change my wii to a pal 3.2e.... didnt know anything about video modes though.....
anyways i restored back to a 3.2u.. all the settings are correct in Anyregion but anything i try to install fails....
my DVD dumper wont work... it tries to mount the DVD and fails.... suspect its because i cant get the cIOS installed.... but anytime i try to run the cIOS installer it gives me an error back... i know its not a bad wad.... ive DLed sevral of them just to check.....
also my wad manager fails to install anything with the err=-1029....
nor does my dvdx installer work...
SD card is formatted correctly to FAT.... i cant think of anything wrong....

EDIT:
ive had all of these working before..... no idea whats up....

Edit2:
generate the actuals wads needed so i know it not the wads.....
my homebrew apps still work just not able to install cIOS or install any kind of wad.....
yet im allowed to remove them?.....
fixing to try using CIOSCORP...... maybe im missing something.....
edit:
requires cIOS 36 r7.......
which is impossible to install for me....
doesnt work via SD card or the Network... i had suspicions it was my SD card but when the network failed as well im at a complete loss again......

thefuzzer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Major issues! Not sure what to do! Please help!!

Info:
1. 3.4U - wii Serial stars with LU
2. HomeBrewChannel installed using TwighlightBeta02 hack.
3. Ios16 Installed
4. CIos_Fix won't install. I keep getting error -1035. I can't find any information on this error, and no clue what to do at this point. WadManager won't even start in some cases.

Can I format the wii somehow and start over? I've tried deleting the channel, and reinstalling the Twighlight hack, but it does no good!

outlawpika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outlawpika said:
outlawpika said:
i have a serious problem.....
i recently attempted to change my wii to a pal 3.2e.... didnt know anything about video modes though.....
anyways i restored back to a 3.2u.. all the settings are correct in Anyregion but anything i try to install fails....
my DVD dumper wont work... it tries to mount the DVD and fails.... suspect its because i cant get the cIOS installed.... but anytime i try to run the cIOS installer it gives me an error back... i know its not a bad wad.... ive DLed sevral of them just to check.....
also my wad manager fails to install anything with the err=-1029....
nor does my dvdx installer work...
SD card is formatted correctly to FAT.... i cant think of anything wrong....

EDIT:
ive had all of these working before..... no idea whats up....

Edit2:
generate the actuals wads needed so i know it not the wads.....
my homebrew apps still work just not able to install cIOS or install any kind of wad.....
yet im allowed to remove them?.....
fixing to try using CIOSCORP...... maybe im missing something.....
edit:
requires cIOS 36 r7.......
which is impossible to install for me....
doesnt work via SD card or the Network... i had suspicions it was my SD card but when the network failed as well im at a complete loss again......
things have gotten worse......
i lost the homebrew channel with anytitle deleter and for some reason the twilight hack is not bringing it back....
i execute zelda but it come up with a disc reader error........
DVD is clean......

Sui77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have myself a PAL Wii (I live in Australia where PAL is the standard). Running the new firmware 4.0E or whatever its' called. Just wondering about whether I should get it hard modded or not?

Are there any disadvantages to getting it hard modded? (My warranty expired a while ago).

Also, with games, I've heard about NTSC games not working on PAL systems, even if they've been hard modded? Is this true?

Cheers!

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If anyone would be so kind to answer these questions of someone who's a bit out of touch with the scene and confused by all the different .dols and code that is floating around these days?

1. I am currently on 3.2E; I would like to update to 4.0 without losing the preloader/ciOSCORP hacks, such as region free booting of backups via disc channel, remove update check, move disc channel, region free channels, etc.
I understand that's not entirely possible yet, right? What functionality is currently possible with 4.0, and how should one update?

2. The current USB loaders (1.1) come in different skins, have a lower compatibility than the previous softmod solutions, decrease loading times and your best bet is to use a Western Digital USB drive. Correct so far?
I am not really interested in the loader menu itself, but in creating channel shortcuts to all the games. I've seen it done, but people aren't really talking about it.
a) Why?
b) I need to rip the channel animiation/sound, then recompile it into a wad. I need the game ID for this. Right?
c) Where do I get game IDs for my PAL games (including the less popular ones like Broken Sword and Don King Boxing)
d) I've heard that channel shortcuts for specific games disable the HOME-menu in-game, so you have to restart your console to get back to the system menu. Is that correct?
e) Is anyone working on a USB loader with the new GUI libs (like snes9xgx4.0)?

3. What about games that were patched to work with wanin's first backup launcher? Can they be ripped to work with USB loaders?
4. What about IOS 249 patched games?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sui77 said:
I have myself a PAL Wii (I live in Australia where PAL is the standard). Running the new firmware 4.0E or whatever its' called. Just wondering about whether I should get it hard modded or not?

Are there any disadvantages to getting it hard modded? (My warranty expired a while ago).

Also, with games, I've heard about NTSC games not working on PAL systems, even if they've been hard modded? Is this true?

Cheers!

Disadvantages, not so. It's the best way to mod your way, period.

Don't think so, there are various ways to make other region backups working on your Wii. It's not true.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
thefuzzer said:
Major issues! Not sure what to do! Please help!!

Info:
1. 3.4U - wii Serial stars with LU
2. HomeBrewChannel installed using TwighlightBeta02 hack.
3. Ios16 Installed
4. CIos_Fix won't install. I keep getting error -1035. I can't find any information on this error, and no clue what to do at this point. WadManager won't even start in some cases.

Can I format the wii somehow and start over? I've tried deleting the channel, and reinstalling the Twighlight hack, but it does no good!

if its a new wii with 3.4 installed out the box i think your screwed, if you upgradded then you have to use the custom wad manager to install the cios_fix.wad

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
Meowayne said:
If anyone would be so kind to answer these questions of someone who's a bit out of touch with the scene and confused by all the different .dols and code that is floating around these days?

1. I am currently on 3.2E; I would like to update to 4.0 without losing the preloader/ciOSCORP hacks, such as region free booting of backups via disc channel, remove update check, move disc channel, region free channels, etc.
I understand that's not entirely possible yet, right? What functionality is currently possible with 4.0, and how should one update?

2. The current USB loaders (1.1) come in different skins, have a lower compatibility than the previous softmod solutions, decrease loading times and your best bet is to use a Western Digital USB drive. Correct so far?
I am not really interested in the loader menu itself, but in creating channel shortcuts to all the games. I've seen it done, but people aren't really talking about it.
a) Why?
b) I need to rip the channel animiation/sound, then recompile it into a wad. I need the game ID for this. Right?
c) Where do I get game IDs for my PAL games (including the less popular ones like Broken Sword and Don King Boxing)
d) I've heard that channel shortcuts for specific games disable the HOME-menu in-game, so you have to restart your console to get back to the system menu. Is that correct?

3. What about games that were patched to work with wanin's first backup launcher? Can they be ripped to work with USB loaders?

i can help with part 1 if your interested i have my pal wii on 4.0 with fully working disk channel loading and preloader installed with hacks

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Meowayne said:

a) Why?

Regarding point 3 - if you mean decrypted ISO's then, no, support for that format was dropped a long time ago - you need to re-rip[ (or re-download
wink.gif
)

Sui77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers for the responses
biggrin.gif
Next pay, I'll have to get myself a Wii mod I think.. now I just need to research where to get one done in Melbourne(I'm in the North, and don't drive). I heard of a store in Thomastown that does it.. not sure what they're called though, or what chips they use..

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been a bit out of the loop on the whole USB Loader craze, so I dunno which one is best for me.
No idea what features mos of them have, or where to start looking. There's just too much!

I'd kinda like to dump a few retail games with it, but once they're dumped, I won't need access to dumping/deleting features, as that will confuse the other people that use my Wii. (Plus I don't want them deleting my games.
tongue.gif
)

..and what's this whole "force" thing? I've seen it mentioned a few times as I skimmed over some topics.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
ZML said:
I've been a bit out of the loop on the whole USB Loader craze, so I dunno which one is best for me.
No idea what features mos of them have, or where to start looking. There's just too much!

I'd kinda like to dump a few retail games with it, but once they're dumped, I won't need access to dumping/deleting features, as that will confuse the other people that use my Wii. (Plus I don't want them deleting my games.
tongue.gif
)

..and what's this whole "force" thing? I've seen it mentioned a few times as I skimmed over some topics.
1. I'd recommend using this guide to get started with the usb loader. Once you've dumped the games you want, you can use this modified loader, it removes all the extra features that you would confuse the other people that use it.
2. The "force" feature is when you force the game in to using another video mode, for example if you have pal tv that can't display ntsc signals you could force it to the pal video mode. Though not all games have different video modes available.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I updated to 4.0 through Nintendo and I used Waninkoko's IOS downgrader to downgrade the IOSes (It downgraded IOS 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 20, 21, 30, 31, 33, 34, 35, and 36) because I wanted to install the USB 2.0 cIOS.

But besides that exactly what freedom does having downgraded the IOSes grant me?

Can I uninstall and reinstall DVDx? Because I know that on just plain old 4.0 you can't install DVDx.
Which IOS or whatever does DVDx use to get installed?

thilixD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why did my 80 GB HD in USB loader have only "2,5GB" when formated?

Can I install original wii games with USB Loader, or it is better to burn them?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
thilixD said:
why did my 80 GB HD in USB loader have only "2,5GB" when formated? ignore that

Can I install original wii games with USB Loader, or it is better to burn them? You can rip original games and backups to the HDD with the loader. If you wish to burn the games thats your choice

jimshabadoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding the USB Loader...

I've used it several times to rip games to an external hard drive and that worked fine. However, I thought there was a way to do it much faster with a computer. I know you can easily do ISOs if you already have them on your computer, but can you do it directly from a disc? Or do you need to extract the ISO from the disk first and then add it? And if that is the case, is it still faster than doing it on the Wii?

ndstuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I'm going to install homebrew's in this order, is it fine?

1)Zelda Twilight Princess hack
2)Homebrew Channel 1.01
3)wad manager 1.3
4)cios36 rev 9
5)Backup launcher...
now, wiigator's backup launcher gamma 0.3 002fix or Softchip , which one should I pick?
and please could you pm me or link the best and most recent one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol