Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thatcoolguy said:
i have a huge concern since my wii is one of the older ones, it's softmodded with cIOS and whatever other crap i put on it. if the console were to break and i had no alternative to send it to nintendo (to fix for a fee), what are the chances they won't even touch it? is it feasible to wipe all traces of homebrew on a softmodded wii? i know eventually it's going to break and i don't want to know i'm SOL when there's no alternative for a replacement but purchasing a new one. anyone have any history getting softmodded wii's serviced?
Just format your wii, but be aware they may update your wii. When I sent mine in I told them not to update but they said they had to because it was part of the procedure but for some reason they never did.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JJBro1 said:
thatcoolguy said:
i have a huge concern since my wii is one of the older ones, it's softmodded with cIOS and whatever other crap i put on it. if the console were to break and i had no alternative to send it to nintendo (to fix for a fee), what are the chances they won't even touch it? is it feasible to wipe all traces of homebrew on a softmodded wii? i know eventually it's going to break and i don't want to know i'm SOL when there's no alternative for a replacement but purchasing a new one. anyone have any history getting softmodded wii's serviced?
Just format your wii, but be aware they may update your wii. When I sent mine in I told them not to update but they said they had to because it was part of the procedure but for some reason they never did.

Pretty sure formatting just erases saves and channels. I doubt it touches things like cIOSes

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is answered before, but I couldn't find an answer for it.

After patching MIOS with Wiigator's cMIOS to play GC backups, I can't use Wiigator's gamma launcher anymore. I removed both the cMIOS & cIOS, then I tried to reinstall the cIOS but it just hangs.

How do I get get them both to work alongside each other?

Exort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot SilverSurfR! This really helped me out!

Thanks for the comment about my english
smile.gif

Exort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's another question :

I've read about an MIOS update (custom?). What's the use for it ? From what I understood, MIOS is used for GC games playing, so why a new version?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ChaosBoi said:
After patching MIOS with Wiigator's cMIOS to play GC backups, I can't use Wiigator's gamma launcher anymore. I removed both the cMIOS & cIOS, then I tried to reinstall the cIOS but it just hangs.

I've been seeing many times this kind of issue, not no one has posted how to solve it, or if it has been solved, I have Wii and GC backups runing fine:

3.2U
cIOS249_r7 (waninkoko's one)
cMIOSv8_r3 (waninkoko's one)

if after installing this, your issue does not get solved, I would update to 3.4 then go back to 3.2 with cIOS and IOS downgraders, then format my Wii and try reinstalling the cIOS and cMIOS again

QUOTEHere's another question :
I've read about an MIOS update (custom?). What's the use for it ? From what I understood, MIOS is used for GC games playing, so why a new version?

cMIOS = custom MIOS

for playing GC backups, just like cIOS = custom IOS, for playing Wii backups, BTW the cIOS36_r7 that you installed, is placed on IOS249, if you use Any Title Deleter you'll see it like that...!!!
wink.gif

MaxDeUh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, the Wii hacking community is by far the most stubborn/arrogant community I've ever seen.

Sometimes when I leave HBC, instead of bringing me back to the menu, it takes me to a black screen with "3.2(USA)" written in white in the lower-right hand corner. And if I have a game in my Wii, it usually just resets the game. For example, I use Gecko OS to run various Brawl hacks (No tripping, Music swap, Replay) and when I hit the Home button and go back to the Wii menu, this happens every once in awhile. Right now I was just testing out a game on SNES9x, and when I went to leave the HBC, it happened. And since I didn't have any game disc in my Wii, my Wii just sort of froze.

jonny2time

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am totally lost with trying to get my wii to play back ups.
Originally i had version 3.3u and nothing would work so i tried to downgrade it and am now at 2.2 but still having problems.
I dont know what loader to use with version 2.2 or if that is even an issue.
I am tying to use gamma but i get dvd error when i try to force ntsc that's about the closest i can get.
homebrew channel is working fine and none of the zelda install was an issue.
do i need to upgrade again?

the biggest problem i have is i can never find any of the files the guides are talking about.

Noob in need of help

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what would happen to my wii if i run a gamecube game that is in a different reigion than ntsc? I want to download this one game but the uploader doesn't specify which region its in.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:

If you're hanging on the install, for cIOS, try removing GC controllers and memory cards during the install for that.
For that cMIOS install, did you press 'X' to enable loading through gamma (forget what the exact wording is).

QUOTE(MaxDeUh @ Feb 25 2009, 09:40 PM) Wow, the Wii hacking community is by far the most stubborn/arrogant community I've ever seen.
Let me know how insulting a group of people and then asking for their help works out for you.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JJBro1 said:
what would happen to my wii if i run a gamecube game that is in a different reigion than ntsc? I want to download this one game but the uploader doesn't specify which region its in.
The worst I think will happen is you won't be able to play it (just won't load), or you'll have problems with video.

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alexkapi12 said:
Whenever I try to backup my mario kart save file with save extractor I always get a ret-1 error, any ideas why?
did you take out all the gamecube stuff? Memory cards, controllers etc.

alexkapi12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JJBro1 said:
alexkapi12 said:
Whenever I try to backup my mario kart save file with save extractor I always get a ret-1 error, any ideas why?

I used my gamecube controller, does that make a big difference?

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alexkapi12 said:
JJBro1 said:
alexkapi12 said:

I used my gamecube controller, does that make a big difference?
Try to take it out and see if it works after that. I don't know if it was this app or another app but some require you to take out any gamecube stuff.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alexkapi12 said:

ret -1 errors usually have something to do with accessing storage. if you can, try a different SD card, make sure it's formatted correctly
Other than that, really don't know. I'm assuming you are trying to backup from GC memory card to SD card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.