ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Zowayix said:
What's the difference between 3x and 6x?

Well the mayority of ModChips can read the DVD backups at 6X just as the legit copies are loaded in your Wii, with the softmod solution (CIOScorp and Gamma loader) the DVD backups run at 3X, wich is the half of the requiered speed and makes the loading times a little bit longer than what it is supoused, some games are playable completely (most of them) and a few ones requiere the 6X reading or then it can cause crashes and or malfuctioning the gameplay (Metroid, CoDWaW, 007 QoS, etc etc etc...!!), hope you can understand:

1.the reading speeds can't be changed, I mean with softmod we will never get the 6X reading.....ever
2.my way to explain it
laugh.gif

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question...
I have wanin's 4.0u with preloader 0.29
Say in the future I wanted to change from preloader to hackmii or bootmii, how would I go about that? As I understand it they all provide the same kind of thing, so I assume you never run them side by side... Is that correct?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Reboot said:
Stupid question...
Say in the future I wanted to change from preloader to hackmii or bootmii, how would I go about that? As I understand it they all provide the same kind of thing, so I assume you never run them side by side... Is that correct?
No, you can have both bootmii and preloader installed at the same time
smile.gif

There are some differences in what they do, but the main difference is that bootmii installs as boot2 and preloader doesn't

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Reboot said:
Stupid question...
No, you can have both bootmii and preloader installed at the same time
smile.gif

There are some differences in what they do, but the main difference is that bootmii installs as boot2 and preloader doesn't

Great! Thanks for the info.
One more question then, I have cIOSCORP installed, which obviously blocks the bootmii installer. What do I need to do to install bootmii? IOS Downgrader or something like that? And after the bootmii install, would I need to do anything more to my IOS's since I'm on 4.0u?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have CIOScorp and didn't need to do anything, just run the installer, if you like run IOS downgrader and that will uninstall all your CIOScorp..!!
smile.gif

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
I have CIOScorp and didn't need to do anything, just run the installer, if you like run IOS downgrader and that will uninstall all your CIOScorp..!!
smile.gif

Installation
Why does the installer say "no vulnerable IOS found, can not install"?

In most cases, however, this means you have installed some sort of "mod pack" which leaves your system in a damaged state that interferes with our system scan. In particular, "cIOSCORP" is known to be problematic because some idiot decided it would be smart to take some old version of IOS,

Thats from their FAQ
I get that error when trying to install it. So I assumed it was cIOSCORP since I dont have anything else unusual installed except wanin's 4.0u...
Any ideas?

FireFreek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I loaded the homebrew channel today it came up with a message saying there was an update to 1.0.3. I let it update but once it ran it said something like there was no IOS to use. Anyone?

EDIT: WTF, now my CIOSCORP doesn't work. This is just after installing cios36rev10(which i had before but ran it anyway) with this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Also, when I tried to follow the next step to use IOS Downgrader, it didn't work, gave me error -1.

EDIT2: My gamma loader still works..

arek920

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so it took a bit of time to do, but my wii is now finally successfully back down to 3.2U.

Thanks to all for the help

NOW, though, since I have been messing with it, I am very curious about all about homebrewing.

Since my wii is pretty "fresh" again, what is the best homebrew stuff a n00b like me should have or try out? I would love to get into this scene and try out all these cool things I see.

I can't wait to see the recommendations and try them out
smile.gif

rad.i.kal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have had my wii hacked for nearly a year with twilight hack, i just upgraded to v4.0 of the wii menu, installed bootmii with bannerbomb and it has worked great. However, I am running a pal version of Animal Crossing Lets Go To THe City and my wii speak wont respond... do I need a certain IOS? it has worked before the 4.0 update. I used to be on 3.3U. I have a regular purchased version of AC that is NTSC and works great for wiispeak... but I play this version more right now.

python2496

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, new here, and very new to softmodding. I just had a couple of problems and was wondering if anyone could help a noob out?
Basically, i'm workin with a 3.2u wii, downgraded from 4.0 and i'm trying to utilize waninkokos usb loader 1.5
As far as I know, i'm up to date on ios and cios. I can boot Punch Out without any problems, however when i tried Twilight Princess and MadWorld I get the "Exception (DSI) Occurred" error and Animal Crossing hangs on a black screen. I installed ios 38,53 and 55 and according to wad manager they were successful. Anyone have any advice they can shoot my way? Would be greatly appreciated.

hl23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First let me say thanks to everyone

So I installed

HackMii installer v2
bootmii as booot2

No problem that was succesful

I see the bootmii menu etc everything says succefull

BEFORE i installed I deleted the homebrew channel

No when I a launch the homebrew channel either via a channel or using the boot mii menu
it goes black and never loads

Hence I still have the same issue
WIIkey
os 3.4

I also deleted all content on my sd card and tried again and did an uninstall
I have boot mii as a boot2

Any help is appreciate
as I do not have the homebrew channel working

(originally installed and working via the twilight hack)

nullifx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I have an LU62 wii with system menu 4 installed before I started this process.

First attempt I was able to install HBC and DVDX using bannerbomb with no issues so far. I didn't install bootmii as I could only install it as IOS.

I attempted to install cIOS36rev10 but it gave me a -2011 error. After researching I think I need to downgrade the IOS to have this install properly. It doesn't look that difficult to do by I have a couple question first.

- If I go through all the steps to get the cios installed and get a usb loader working will I run into any issues when playing original copies of games? Will they try to install updates and if they do install an update what will likely happen?

- Is there any way of running backups currently (either burnt copies or from usb) without installing a cios or a hardware mod?

- I noticed most of the guides I read suggested to install cIOS36rev9 or 10 but I have also noticed that newly released is cios38rev12. Is one just an update of the other or are they completely different? If i was to install cios would I install cios36 or cios38?

Thanks for all the helpful information that I have been reading through so far...

ilnyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a few days there has been an upgrade prompt on HBC. I googled a bit and didn't find any disasters so I went through with the online installation of ONLY the new HBC. I skipped the bootmii and DVDX. But after reboot the HBC channel stopped working. The channel is still there but after I clicked start, with no change of my apps on the SD card, the system will freeze.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I hope I don't have to do the twilight hack all over again.

OK, I guess the worst case I can try the banner bomb. But I suspect maybe some left over from the TH was causing the problem. Is the HBC entirely on the SD card or it is in the Wii memory? I have a boot.dol left on my SD card, which might be a silly thing to do. But I renamed it the problem is still the same. Hackmii installer did report that the new HBC was successfully installed.

hl23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue

So after that

I deleted the channel

Then used banner bomb/hack mii and boot2

It all said it worked fine
Boot mil menu comes up etc

But when I try to load the hbc it still has the same issue

I did an uninstall then installed again
same deal

ilnyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hl23 said:
But when I try to load the hbc it still has the same issue
Same issue means that the HBC channel exists but won't load anything, i.e. freezes after start?

This is bad, I thought banner boom will do it for me but from what you are saying this isn't going to help? Now does twilight hack require an original Zhelda or a backup will surfice?

hl23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah same freeze meaing wont load
just black screen when you select HBC then start

I saw on another source
some people said roll back to the older version of the homebrew channel

so thats my next step

Site & Scene News