NULL

PS1 Games Widescreen Patches

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by xYuunax, Mar 28, 2018.

1. xYuunax
    OP

xYuunax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2018
    China
    Hong Kong
    Hi Guys...

I was messing around with PS1 games in Adrenaline, and I found out that you can actually get Widescreen Patches/Codes to work.

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PSOne-Widescreen-Patches

The patches are game specific, and not all PS1 games have WS patches.

Some are Codes, which you can use cwcheats, or manually patching the iso/image with a patch file.

Once patched, you would run the game at `Full` or `Custom` screen mode to make it 16:9.

Here is a screenshot of `Alundra` patched to widescreen.

[​IMG]

Patches that I have tested so far:

Alundra (Patch Only)
    Castlevania Symphony of the Night (Code)
    Vagrant Story (Patched)
    Cotton Original (Not working well, glitchy)
    Crash Team Racing (Patch Only, Code freezes)
    Threads of Fate (Code)
    Medieval (Code)
    Gungage (Code)

Last edited by xYuunax, Mar 29, 2018
    Garcimak, SCOTT0852, zfreeman and 6 others like this.
  2. Daggot

Daggot GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    Nice! I've been widescreen patching PS2 games for a while but I never thought of using it like this. Totally forgot it could be used for PS1 games.

Last edited by Daggot, Mar 28, 2018
  3. yeshuachrist

yeshuachrist GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    (alundra and castlevania sotn are not true widescreen patches, they move assets around and modify some stats (making the games slower and possibly more buggy)........ not most but just about all the widescreen patches break the games, you'll be luck to fined one or two that doesn't cause clipping or tearing ....... https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XjHKc1W7ab5b0XzvQRHwSVJSI8h6QMuS ........ the only important thing to remember, is that some psn versions of games will not work, you'll have to use a ps1 eboot. tested all the hacks in there so its not many, with alundra and castlevania specifically they require ppf patches they are not widescreen codes, some widescreen codes have been added just check the database file, ugh, don't know if there's real codes for those games specifically, haven't touched this in months!

Last edited by yeshuachrist, Mar 29, 2018
  4. Lord M

Lord M GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 31, 2014
    Italy
    Well, it work also on pcsx-r core of RetroArch via cheats. I've used to play Tenchu Shinobi Gaisen in 16:9 on RetroArch by months.

5. romain337

romain337 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Damn I was unaware of those patch! Thank you because I would never looking for this on myself :D

6. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    Where i can obtain the patch for crash team racing?
    and how to apply it on existing game?

7. Razzee

Razzee Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2017
    Brazil
    I'm at a loss here. How to apply these patches on PS1 .iso/.pbp etc? I want to play the games on a PSP.

Looking for something like PS2 Patch Engine, straight and simple, but for PS1 games.

https://bitbucket.org/ShaolinAssassin/popstarter-documentation-stuff/wiki/ps1-widescreen-codes

"Note : these codes can be used on a PlayStation 1 retail console with no problem (either as GS codes with a PS1 cheat device, either as HEX codes and applied to game images."

It would be good if someone made a clear tutorial on what to do... :(

8. Garcimak

Garcimak Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2006
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Patched alundra with the supplied ppf and made a custom eboot out of it but no clue how to enable the patch while in game.

9. xYuunax
    OP

xYuunax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2018
    China
    Hong Kong
    Just fill the screen using 'Full Screen' mode.

Garcimak likes this.