Hacking Nintendont

possom2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to get the downloaded quests to work with PSO 1 & 2 in Nintendont? Always comes up as the quest is corrupt and need to be re-downloaded which is a problem since there is no bba support for Nintendont.

eabos0726

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I really need some help. I use nintendon't and I have a lexar 2gb gaming sd card formatted in fat32 and it is fast sd card. I have a pretty fast 500gb fat32 hard drive. I put the nintendon't and wii apps on sd card and I put all my wii wbfs games and gamecube games on 500gb fat32 hdd. Sometimes when I or my brother play super mario strikers after the match is over and loads to tally wins loses screen in tournament mode the screen goes black and the game never comes back on. I did not touch any usb wires or nothing I don't know why or how this is happening it is pretty weird if you ask me. Much help appreciated :)

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me for my ignorance... The OP says not to use DiscEx, however many of my games are in this format. I loaded them on my USB HDD, and Nintendont seems to load them. Has Nintendont possibly been updated to allow DiscEx, but the OP not changed? Just curious if I should take the time to convert back to ISO, or not.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That seems to indicate the PAL IPL is setting up something that Nintendont isn't. @FIX94 would you have any insights into this?
just looked at it and from what I can tell the game does not like the fact that I indicate that the game should go into PAL60 mode because it is such a early game and actually is unaware of the existence of PAL60. to run it without any bios you can just force PAL50 though so that indication gets removed.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me for my ignorance... The OP says not to use DiscEx, however many of my games are in this format. I loaded them on my USB HDD, and Nintendont seems to load them. Has Nintendont possibly been updated to allow DiscEx, but the OP not changed? Just curious if I should take the time to convert back to ISO, or not.
DiscEx is known to cause problems with some games that are extremely sensitive to file locations, but I haven't had any issues with it. Just remember that if you have any issues with a DiscEx-compressed game, you should see if the issue can be reproduced with 1:1 as well.

Reactions: TiMeBoMb4u2

sparlock666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no idea then everyone i know uses an hdd and wiiu gc adapter and they work flawlessly i use the lan adapter on the lower back port, my self powered hdd on upper back port and my wiiu gc adapter on both front ports and works great, doesnt your wiiu gc adapter work in nintendont menu if you click up and down?
Strangley, no. Was I supposed to take any extra steps in setting up nintendont aside from sticking it in the apps folder? Was I supposed to do something with controllers.zip, or is that just for 3rd party controllers?

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscEx is known to cause problems with some games that are extremely sensitive to file locations, but I haven't had any issues with it. Just remember that if you have any issues with a DiscEx-compressed game, you should see if the issue can be reproduced with 1:1 as well.
I used DiscEX on all my games but I didn't use it to compress my games. I used it just so it would automatically take my ISO, put in it a folder and name it game.iso. So much easier than doing it manually.

Edit: Or maybe it was gcit I used. I can't remember now. If I find out I will let you know.

Last edited by Clutz450,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Strangley, no. Was I supposed to take any extra steps in setting up nintendont aside from sticking it in the apps folder? Was I supposed to do something with controllers.zip, or is that just for 3rd party controllers?
nope you just take the dol put it into nintendont folder ans is good to go, controller.zip is not needed anymore it was from old times before nintendont had the inis in memory.

depends on the games. if its a audiostreamless game it will be fine, some compress tools due a bad compress and desync the audio streaming files making nintendont reboot the console when it tryes to play desynced stuff, the only tool i know that keeps compress and audio stream working great is DMtoolbox if the 32 options is checked for no desync.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are not compressing the ISO when using tools like DMToolbox. You are removing the garbage data that is added to the ISO to get the files in specified locations on the disc. The process is called shrinking not compressing. Once you shrink an ISO there is no going back without having a backup of the untouched ISO or reripping the disc.

comokepa

Trophies
XP
Country
from what I can tell the game does not like the fact that I indicate that the game should go into PAL60 mode
I don't know if it is related, but the wiki for Swiss' Forced Progressive Compatibility List lists Ikaruga PAL as not offering a 60 Hz video mode, but supporting 480p if forced. And yet, not even older versions of Nintendont seem to be able to force it into 480p (when trying with MasterMod's v3.353 the screen stays black, but the game seems to be running since the HDD activity LED blinks when pressing controller buttons and the "exit Nintendont" button combination when not using native control still works).

Last edited by comokepa,

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if it is related, but the wiki for Swiss' Forced Progressive Compatibility List lists Ikaruga PAL as not offering a 60 Hz video mode, but supporting 480p if forced. And yet, not even older versions of Nintendont seem to be able to force it into 480p (when trying with MasterMod's v3.353 the screen stays black, but the game seems to be running since the HDD activity LED blinks when pushes controller buttons and the "exit Nintendont" button combination when not using native control still works).

Super Mario Sunshine USA won't force into 480p either it remains in 480i unless you tell to run in progressive scan mode at the prompt screen.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Most of my games are DiscEX format (and I got a lot of games btw) they all work fine, just know if the game causes issues (black screen at start up, long loading screens,...etc) you should try it with a clean 1:1 format before reporting it as it might be compressed in a bad way.

Also it's recommended from now on to use clean rips with any new games you add to your collection.

Reactions: TiMeBoMb4u2

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3th drive how can format all of it to fat32 or will Nintendont ever support ntfs
Nintendont likely won't support NTFS because it's a much more complex filesystem than FAT32, so it would take too much CPU time and memory.

However, there is a test branch with support for exFAT. You can format the drive as exFAT and test out this build: Nintendont v3.403-exFAT-test4

Note that most other Wii homebrew doesn't support exFAT, so this drive would basically be just for Nintendont. You can format a second partition as NTFS if you want to store Wii games as well. (Of course, if you end up reserving less than 2 TB for the Nintendont partition, you could just format that as FAT32 using the various non-Microsoft formatting tools.)

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
I just remembered the PAL version Animal Crossing contains the game as five tgc's in a tgc folder, one for each of the multi-5
languages

forest_???_Final_PAL50.tgc

I guess this could be problematic to the video forcing like demo discs? even if extracted and converted to standalone
.gcm's with Plootid tgctogcm

sparlock666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope you just take the dol put it into nintendont folder ans is good to go, controller.zip is not needed anymore it was from old times before nintendont had the inis in memory.

I think I've figured out what the problem is. I believe a while back when I first installed homebrew on vwii, I installed a dios mios wad. This was before I learned about nintendont being far superior. I think this caused some weirdness with the gamecube side of things. I found further evidence that this was the case when I tried this on my original wii, and nintendont wasn't letting me use original gc controllers until the rvl-mios was installed again. Problem is, Wii U isn't letting me reinstall the rvl. I was planning on restoring my nand backup, but to my knowledge, bootmii cannot work on wii u. Any suggestions?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've figured out what the problem is. I believe a while back when I first installed homebrew on vwii, I installed a dios mios wad. This was before I learned about nintendont being far superior. I think this caused some weirdness with the gamecube side of things. I found further evidence that this was the case when I tried this on my original wii, and nintendont wasn't letting me use original gc controllers until the rvl-mios was installed again. Problem is, Wii U isn't letting me reinstall the rvl. I was planning on restoring my nand backup, but to my knowledge, bootmii cannot work on wii u. Any suggestions?
The Wii U doesn't have MIOS installed so don't go installing it there and Nintendont doesn't rely on MIOS at all. Nintendont runs GameCube Games in Wii mode not GameCube mode. So DIOS MIOS cannot be the issue.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is no MIOS on the Wii-U to reinstall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!