Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does entering the game files, even if I don't save, write any new save files? Because there are two save files in the saves folder on my USB, but I haven't created any new saves in any of my games. I just went into the game to check to see if the saves were there.

Version number 3.387

memcard emulation: on
maxpads: 4
memcard blocks: 256
screen position: 0

Everything else is off or auto.
you use multi memory card or individual? i always advice on using multi memory card so if you loose a save file you only loose a single game save not all.

also nintendont only uses the save folder on the root of the device no other foder is readed.

Last edited by pedro702,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you use multi memory card or individual? i always advice on using multi memory card so if you loose a save file you only loose a single game save not all.

also nintendont only uses the save folder on the root of the device no other foder is readed.
You mean you advise AGAINST using multi-save. You advise only to use INDIVIDUAL save as do I.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You mean you advise AGAINST using multi-save. You advise only to use INDIVIDUAL save as do I.
yeah the english failed me once again xD, individual mc emu is the way to go, if by any chance a game save corrupts the card you loose a single game save not all your games.

CraaazyChris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to use an official wiimote with or without nunchuks and nothing seems to work. Please let me know if you find a solution

I have the same issue where I use any controller and launch the Nintendont app directly from HBC. If I launch from USBLoader GX the controller (wiimote w/chuck) works. I'll write up in more detail when I can get on a PC.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah I'm actually using classic controller pro plugged into wiimote. Still doesn't work

Why did you quote me and say "i"?
Are all of 4 lights on the Wiimote blue when you launch a game?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue where I use any controller and launch the Nintendont app directly from HBC. If I launch from USBLoader GX the controller (wiimote w/chuck) works. I'll write up in more detail when I can get on a PC.

Are all of 4 lights on the Wiimote blue when you launch a game?

Check the settings and make Native Controls is off and MaxPads isn't set to something weird.

Nintendont ignores the settings file if launched from USB Loader GX.

Reactions: CraaazyChris

Z_Slasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I downloaded the whole USA library to my WD Passport Ultra 2TB. In this case I downloaded the 06/15/2013 redump set, which is 613 games. I updated to the latest version of Nintendon't and tested it out. It takes 3-5 minutes to load games from the USB, and it doesn't show all the games. Some games like Super Smash Bros Melee, games starting with letters X-Z, etc are missing. Is there a way to get all the games to show up?

CraaazyChris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the settings and make Native Controls is off and MaxPads isn't set to something weird.

Nintendont ignores the settings file if launched from USB Loader GX.

Thanks for your reply. This board's willingness to help newcomers (as I've seen through page after page of this massive thread) is truly awesome. I've got Native Controls set to off on both USBLoader GX (USBLGX) and Nintendont settings. When you say Nintendont ignores the settings file if launched form USBLGX, are you saying it uses USBLGX settings instead? Are they 1 for 1 in terms of options? It looks like there are different wordings between the 2 apps settings pages, so it's hard to know what exactly I'm changing. But if its an either or situation, I'll stick to trying different settings in USBLGX first. I can post my full data list from the first post's instructions if it's helpful, but I'm fairly confident I'm up to date on all apps, IOSs, and have 1:1 ISOs that have correct MD5 values.

Also what would qualify as a "weird" setting for MaxPads. Does it MaxPads mean the max number of controllers you plan to use? Is it specific to GameCube controllers?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I downloaded the whole USA library to my WD Passport Ultra 2TB. In this case I downloaded the 06/15/2013 redump set, which is 613 games. I updated to the latest version of Nintendon't and tested it out. It takes 3-5 minutes to load games from the USB, and it doesn't show all the games. Some games like Super Smash Bros Melee, games starting with letters X-Z, etc are missing. Is there a way to get all the games to show up?
There's a hard-coded limit of 500 games. It's defined in loader/include/menu.h.

The games that appear will depend on the order they're listed in the FAT file system, which could be "random".

On another note: I have two new builds with a few features that I'd like some feedback on before I send a pull request:
  • gpt-support-v3 - Add support for reading up to 128 partitions from the GUID Partition Table. My previous patches only support reading the first 4.
  • delay-home-button - Add a 2 second delay between pressing the "Home" button on a Classic Controller or Wii U Pro Controller and the game exiting. This should help if you're prone to accidentally pressing the Home button while playing a game. (I tried to have it turn the Disc LED on while the Home button is pressed, but it kept crashing, so I was probably doing something wrong.)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

The games that appear will depend on the order they're listed in the FAT file system, which could be "random".

On another note: I have two new builds with a few features that I'd like some feedback on before I send a pull request:
  • gpt-support-v3 - Add support for reading up to 128 partitions from the GUID Partition Table. My previous patches only support reading the first 4.
  • delay-home-button - Add a 2 second delay between pressing the "Home" button on a Classic Controller or Wii U Pro Controller and the game exiting. This should help if you're prone to accidentally pressing the Home button while playing a game. (I tried to have it turn the Disc LED on while the Home button is pressed, but it kept crashing, so I was probably doing something wrong.)
I'm all for these updates, also do you think you can look into removing the 500 games limit you mentioned previously? I don't have that many but I know it could be an issue in the future!

In before, an option to disable bios screen when using real MCs :P

Last edited by sonictopfan,

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

I'm all for these updates, also do you think you can look into removing the 500 games limit you mentioned previously? I don't have that many but I know it could be an issue in the future!

Edit: Duplicated message!

Last edited by sonictopfan,

Z_Slasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Usb loader GX now. It reads all the games, but now it's not reading the wii games from my other hdd. Edit: nevermind I fixed it.

Last edited by Z_Slasher,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'll look into reworking parts of the menu system in another branch. I have some additional stuff that I need to clean up that adds a few more diagnostics to the menu, e.g. showing the sector size of an HDD before loading, partition information, and others.

FWIW: The gameinfo array is a 16-byte structure (6 bytes ID, 2 bytes padding, 4 bytes pointer to title, 4 bytes pointer to path). 500 games * 16 bytes = 8,000 bytes, plus memory allocated for the titles and paths. There's probably a few ways to reduce memory usage, especially if the title is already loaded from a titles.txt file. I'll look into some extra memory optimization as well.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I like the idea of your second point, that happened to me quite often. :P

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll look into reworking parts of the menu system in another branch. I have some additional stuff that I need to clean up that adds a few more diagnostics to the menu, e.g. showing the sector size of an HDD before loading, partition information, and others.

FWIW: The gameinfo array is a 16-byte structure (6 bytes ID, 2 bytes padding, 4 bytes pointer to title, 4 bytes pointer to path). 500 games * 16 bytes = 8,000 bytes, plus memory allocated for the titles and paths. There's probably a few ways to reduce memory usage, especially if the title is already loaded from a titles.txt file. I'll look into some extra memory optimization as well.
Another thing I'd like to ask for but how about adding a home menu instead of delaying it altogether? It doesn't have to look fancy but it should help pausing Triforce games as well.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for your reply. This board's willingness to help newcomers (as I've seen through page after page of this massive thread) is truly awesome. I've got Native Controls set to off on both USBLoader GX (USBLGX) and Nintendont settings. When you say Nintendont ignores the settings file if launched form USBLGX, are you saying it uses USBLGX settings instead? Are they 1 for 1 in terms of options? It looks like there are different wordings between the 2 apps settings pages, so it's hard to know what exactly I'm changing. But if its an either or situation, I'll stick to trying different settings in USBLGX first. I can post my full data list from the first post's instructions if it's helpful, but I'm fairly confident I'm up to date on all apps, IOSs, and have 1:1 ISOs that have correct MD5 values.

Also what would qualify as a "weird" setting for MaxPads. Does it MaxPads mean the max number of controllers you plan to use? Is it specific to GameCube controllers?
yes if you launch nintendont from usbloadergx it uses the settings set on usbloader gx which doesnt have all the settings and the words are not exactly the same so yeah if wiimote+nunchuck only works when launching trough nintendont directly then usbloader gx is setting some settings like native on or something wierd its doing.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing I'd like to ask for but how about adding a home menu instead of delaying it altogether? It doesn't have to look fancy but it should help pausing Triforce games as well.
Doing this would be a bit problematic because the home menu code would have to save the state of the GPU, audio, and other components, plus it would cause problems if the game was saving at the time. Also I don't have that much experience with those subsystems in general.

Reactions: sonictopfan

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Doing this would be a bit problematic because the home menu code would have to save the state of the GPU, audio, and other components, plus it would cause problems if the game was saving at the time. Also I don't have that much experience with those subsystems in general.
I would just forget about something like that, you would have to somehow write up your own OS subsystem and somehow replace all the interrupt handlers with your own ones and stuff so the game doesnt crash up everything, I do like having that 2 second hold time similar to how I did it with the triforce menu. Also I dont think such a game limit is needed anymore, we have plenty of MEM1 space still left over.

CraaazyChris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes if you launch nintendont from usbloadergx it uses the settings set on usbloader gx which doesnt have all the settings and the words are not exactly the same so yeah if wiimote+nunchuck only works when launching trough nintendont directly then usbloader gx is setting some settings like native on or something wierd its doing.

Thanks. I was actually seeing the opposite. If I launch Nintendont directly from HBC wiimote+chuck don't connect. If I do it from USBLGX it works. I'll give it another good testing soon and see If I can get the best setup. Is there anywhere where all of the settings options are thoroughly explained? Or maybe a thread where the USBLGX options for Nintendont are explained? So exciting having this ability in such an easy to setup app.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I was actually seeing the opposite. If I launch Nintendont directly from HBC wiimote+chuck don't connect. If I do it from USBLGX it works. I'll give it another good testing soon and see If I can get the best setup. Is there anywhere where all of the settings options are thoroughly explained? Or maybe a thread where the USBLGX options for Nintendont are explained? So exciting having this ability in such an easy to setup app.

USB Loader GX sends the config structure as a binary blob to Nintendont when it launches it. When Nintendont gets that it skips loading the ninconfig.bin from the drive. If you have that file try deleting it and see if the controllers work after that.

Reactions: CraaazyChris

CraaazyChris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB Loader GX sends the config structure as a binary blob to Nintendont when it launches it. When Nintendont gets that it skips loading the ninconfig.bin from the drive. If you have that file try deleting it and see if the controllers work after that.
So by deleting that file, will it be regenerated the next time I run the app? I searched through previous posts that suggested deleting that and replacing the launcher.dol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9