Hacking Nintendont

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii games do not use MIOS or gamecube hardware: to my knowledge, access to the gamecube portions of the MX chip are supposedly blocked off in Wii Mode.

This is not correct. Nintendont does not use MIOS at all, but does have access to the gamecube hardware that is present in the Wii, including the MX chip. As I already said, you need to remove the calls in loader/source/main.c to these functions:
extern void __SYS_ReadROM(void *buf,u32 len,u32 offset);
extern u32 __SYS_GetRTC(u32 *gctime);
extern syssram* __SYS_LockSram();
extern u32 __SYS_UnlockSram(u32 write);
extern u32 __SYS_SyncSram(void);

I think the Sram functions are only used to alter the video mode and language, so if you aren't forcing those, you can probably remove the code there. You can replace the GetRTC call with a hard-coded value, or just live with very wrong dates. Note that games that use the fonts will not display correctly or just won't work unless you load a font file instead of the ROM (you can use Dolphin's font files or the official ones if you've dumped your ROM). Just read the fonts into buf.

Also, note that if you don't have emulated memory cards turned on, any time a game attempts to use one of these functions (reads the fonts, reads the RTC), you will have problems. The emulated memory card setting controls access to all EXI devices in game which includes the MX chip, memory cards, microphones, etc.

Dyxlesci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is going to sound like sarcasm, but i genuinely mean every word.

Posts like that are exactly what I need: to be corrected. I don't know much about software, and when I'm wrong, I need to be told so. Information like this is really helpful. I'm relaying this information back to the community over at BitBuilt. I could talk all day about the circuitry, but when it comes down to software, I don't know shit.

Thank you all for the help so far. Keep feeding us whatever info you can. And if you want to, feel free to join the discussion at the bitbuilt forums and rip us a new one by telling us how wrong we are about software ;)

shadowcaster3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using real memory card and getting memory card saves dated one day into the future. Wii date is set correctly, I double-checked. Is this to be expected?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using real memory card and getting memory card saves dated one day into the future. Wii date is set correctly, I double-checked. Is this to be expected?
You can try setting the date in the GC bios screen, assuming you're already using one, just hold A as the bios animation starts to enter the menu, from there hit left/right/up/down to tackle settings menus.

Last edited by sonictopfan,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try setting the date in the GC bios screen, assuming you're already using one, just hold A as the bios animation starts to enter the menu, from there hit left/right/up/down to tackle settings menus.
The BIOS will (should) automatically load whatever date the Wii is set to every time it plays

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I'm posting this to try and remove the nasty image that tapatalk is displaying. This seems to be the last thread its showing on. A mod can remove it if they want I'm just trying to help out lol.

308fc1b63a9d6e4365a3ac24941aa2a5.jpg

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
srs what diference does it make that your save file is is made on the day foward? this is one of this things i have no idea why people even care, srs what diference does it make if your save file is on day 10 or 11 its a save file you shouldnt even care what time it was created lol.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
srs what diference does it make that your save file is is made on the day foward? this is one of this things i have no idea why people even care, srs what diference does it make if your save file is on day 10 or 11 its a save file you shouldnt even care what time it was created lol.
Some people do care that things are as accurate as possible. You shouldn't talk down to them like that. Some games have issues with messed up time.

shadowcaster3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I remember that being an issue quite a few builds ago. Are you fully updated?
It's release 3.386 launching from usb loader gx build v3.0 rev 1260 using gc bios, running on wii (pal). so yeah, it's quite recent.
and probably point is not just in save file dates, but in gc date overall, as gc bios clocks (date) are also wrong.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof