Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well what about Susum and cashonly? They didn't mention Metroid Prime at all.
thats becuase they probably either dont play it or play the pal version, its not technicaly our fault people still have those old tvs that cant acept the ntsc signals and dont run the pal versions of the said games not all games work with forced vidomodes your bound to find alot of them that dont like being forced to other region.

the red ink its mainly on nintendont menu only, becuase the menu doesnt get patched for pal, the games do but the menu itself doesnt.

So yeah what he wants its totaly diferent from what everyone else was requesting which is a pal nintendont menu.

Reactions: Troopage

templar701

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pedro702, my TV is a modern HD TV which can interpret an NTSC signal fine. The red tint occurs when outputting NTSC video over a RGB scart cable. RGB is used because it provides better quality than the in-the-box composite lead. The only cable superior to RGB (in respect of the wii) is to use a component cable, however the inputs required for this cable are not common place on British TVs. Besides everything is HDMI now, which of course the wii does not have. So yes it is possible to run NTSC over the inferior in-the-box composite cable, but there is little point doing that, and sacrificing picture quality, if you have RGB scart and can just force PAL60 when you need to run NTSC.

The red tint in the Nintendont menu interface will occur on PAL Wiis and I can't imagine why it would actually bother anyone at all!

For Susum and Chashonly, if you are saying you are getting the red tint in the actual games, you can overcome your redness issues by simply forcing PAL60 in the Nintendont options before launching, as Shiranui-san has already indicated. However this won’t work with NTSC Metroid Prime and I am not convinced that prime is an isolated incident either.

There is nothing incompatible about running NTSC metroid prime (or others) in PAL60 mode, as Gecko OS does it flawlessly. Geckodoes and Nintendont!

Rockmaniac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm feeling incredibly stupid now - but what do you mean by N64 / GBA injects? can you somehow do those to be able to play gba / n64 on nintendont???

Please point me in the right direction to further info on that. If that is what you mean.

I still want an option to disable the bios without having to remove the files, this way we can get a custom setting to disable them for each game individually, I mostly wanna use it for N64 and GBA injects!

In before, Home menu and MC B support :P

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm feeling incredibly stupid now - but what do you mean by N64 / GBA injects? can you somehow do those to be able to play gba / n64 on nintendont???

Please point me in the right direction to further info on that. If that is what you mean.
Short answer, yes, long answer, most injected GBA games work fine and with superior framerate than what you get with VBA-GX but there's no save function, as for N64 it's a hit or miss and once again it lacks save function and multiplayer but many games work fine at full speed with it like Super Mario 64 and Starfox 64

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, I meant which parts of which games need a better frame rate?
Oh I only know of Crash Bandicoot TWoC but I'm sure there are other third party games that I don't know of have the same issue.

Hi, guys. I'm using RGB-scart cable to coonect my Wii to TV and when i'm using nintendon't i get this completly red screen:
Anyone knows how can i fix this?

WfGiv5CAGIw.jpg
Cool, how did you get Nintendont to work on the Virtual Boy? XD

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Oh I only know of Crash Bandicoot TWoC but I'm sure there are other third party games that I don't know of have the same issue.
This is due to how the game was programmed. it has nothing to do with nintendont. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 also has this problem.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Short answer, yes, long answer, most injected GBA games work fine and with superior framerate than what you get with VBA-GX but there's no save function, as for N64 it's a hit or miss and once again it lacks save function and multiplayer but many games work fine at full speed with it like Super Mario 64 and Starfox 64
I play Mario 64 and save works just fine

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
yeah saving the injects is a headache, it will stop working if ID is changed or when they are manually made,
I think that an extra step of patching the dol should be done when adding the roms to the ISO but no one documented this anywhere.

I hope Fix can make a quick tool to automatically build N64 ISO injects using an empty template, using custom ID and automatically patch the dol to make the save works. It might need wiims tools and some empty ISO + the z64 file to build, in case he has some spare time and interest in this topic.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Any special settings? The one i got doesnt save. I'm using a nintendont version from a few months ago, could that be it?
The iso I have was downloaded from the internet and has custom splash screen, It worked right away.
When the save works it takes sometimes few minutes to do so, while when it doesn't you just see a quick saving prompt.
As I said changing the ID especially the region bit would break saving, it's very delicate process,
I can share my iso via pm if you wish since posting it here directly violates many rules

Reactions: Troopage

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
to this day the hardest thing to emulate hehe, theres like 1 pc plugin which does it correctly and it takes a ton of power to use.
Yeah I know xD But, Jabo64 1.7 for project 64 emulates basic framebuffers (like pause in zelda and mariokart tv) properly without any problems :) Only heavy framebuffer effects is optionnal.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah I know xD But, Jabo64 1.7 for project 64 emulates basic framebuffers (like pause in zelda and mariokart tv) properly without any problems :) Only heavy framebuffer effects is optionnal.
that is hacked though, its a copy of the current view into the buffer which is not how it actually works on n64 :P

Reactions: VinsCool

Knight1231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Total noob. Please help. I searched the thread but still nothing.

I am trying to play burnt GameCube backups on original Wii using Nintendont. I have a lot of backup discs from playing on NeoGamma. I would prefer to play the disc than to re backup everything. Plus I like physical cover art.

What am I doing wrong? Disc is in drive but the only options I get through the loader is SD or USB. How do I play the disc?

Any help would be great

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Total noob. Please help. I searched the thread but still nothing.

I am trying to play burnt GameCube backups on original Wii using Nintendont. I have a lot of backup discs from playing on NeoGamma. I would prefer to play the disc than to re backup everything. Plus I like physical cover art.

What am I doing wrong? Disc is in drive but the only options I get through the loader is SD or USB. How do I play the disc?

Any help would be great
Select one or other, then select boot game on disc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: