Hacking Nintendont

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My one final request would be getting Broadband Adapter emulation so we could play some Mario Kart Double Dash online or some Phantasy Star Online too.

So much yes

Edit: Hey, [user]Fix94[/user], have you ever thought of approaching the Wiimmfi team for servers to do this? That way you don't have to use your own servers to attempt to handle all the traffic, and I would assume that Wiimmfi would be capable of hosting another 3 games

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much yes

Edit: Hey, [user]Fix94[/user], have you ever thought of approaching the Wiimmfi team for servers to do this? That way you don't have to use your own servers to attempt to handle all the traffic, and I would assume that Wiimmfi would be capable of hosting another 3 games

For PSO, you'd be better off with using an existing server like schtserv or something, no need to fragment a small user base even more. The local broadband games like Mario kart or kirby would be much more difficult. They are not at all Nintendo WFC based, so Wiimmfi's infrastructure wouldn't help much.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For PSO, you'd be better off with using an existing server like schtserv or something, no need to fragment a small user base even more. The local broadband games like Mario kart or kirby would be much more difficult. They are not at all Nintendo WFC based, so Wiimmfi's infrastructure wouldn't help much.

Yeah, I figured the issue would be something like that... I thought maybe even just sharing server space to keep all retro Nintendo games running on the same server might be more efficient, even if they weren't running under the same architecture, but I see now why that might cause problems lol

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
The "argsboot" function (from outside loaders) was broken since r304
as long as a HID controller is used. (no problem if there is no HID controller)

Some people have discussed this issue in the "USB Loader GX" forum
for a while and actually this is something to do with "Nintendont".
(no way to solve from USB Loaders unless
the "argsboot" function is disable from USB Loaders)

There is a simple way to solve this issue from Nintendont if FIX94 or other devs
can add a line(260) "FPAD_Update();" to "main.c" of loader
(https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/browse/trunk/loader/source/main.c ).

I have tested/verified.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
as long as a HID controllder is used. (no problem if there is no HID controller)

There is a simple way to solve this issue from Nintendont if FIX94 or other devs
(https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/browse/trunk/loader/source/main.c ).

I have tested/verified.

Nice finding! That sure will help alot of people experiencing the problem :)

TheKroos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a third party formatter

A quick google of fat 32 formatter should get tons of results

ok im back and i just did what you told me to and i have formatted it to fat32 and now i cant put games bigger then 4gb on the device how do i fix that?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im back and i just did what you told me to and i have formatted it to fat32 and now i cant put games bigger then 4gb on the device how do i fix that?

For Wii Backups use a Wii Backup Manager to add Wii ISOs as it will automatically split them as FAT32 has a file size limitation of 4GB.

TheKroos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Wii Backups use a Wii Backup Manager to add Wii ISOs as it will automatically split them as FAT32 has a file size limitation of 4GB.

ok i did but it worked then i took out my usb then put it back in to find my games that are over 4gb deleted why is this happening?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
as long as a HID controller is used. (no problem if there is no HID controller)

I have tested/verified.
Awesome work, airline, btw how are you doing? I haven't heard from you for a while.

SeriMax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi everyone!
I found two bags in F-Zero GX with Nintendont:
1. In race while you just driving, instantly appears sound when you pushing R or L, when you dont do that.
2. In "Pilot Profiles" when you see machine, at once you zooming in (wrong "c" stick dead zone).

P. S. Sorry for my bad english.

ivarge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Wii 4.2E
Nintendont 3.319 when loading the game writes kernel looping loading game and then a black screen.
HDD 500GB:
USBSTOR \ DiskPHD_3.0_Silicon-Power ___ 2AR1
USBSTOR \ DiskPHD_3.0_Silicon-Power ___
USBSTOR \ DiskPHD_3.0_
USBSTOR \ PHD_3.0_Silicon-Power ___ 2
PHD_3.0_Silicon-Power ___ 2
USBSTOR \ GenDisk
GenDisk

On nintendont 2.229 everything worked well. Set IOS58-64-6176 through MultiModManager.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii 4.2E
Nintendont 3.319 when loading the game writes kernel looping loading game and then a black screen.
HDD 500GB:
USBSTOR \ DiskPHD_3.0_Silicon-Power ___ 2AR1
USBSTOR \ DiskPHD_3.0_Silicon-Power ___
USBSTOR \ DiskPHD_3.0_
USBSTOR \ PHD_3.0_Silicon-Power ___ 2
PHD_3.0_Silicon-Power ___ 2
USBSTOR \ GenDisk
GenDisk

On nintendont 2.229 everything worked well. Set IOS58-64-6176 through MultiModManager.

Which loader/game and did you verify the hash with redump.org?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
only one drive. Nintendont displays the list of games at the connection hdd into any USB port.
then no idea, never heard anyone ever say the drive cant load the games, we heard ppl that say there drives were stuck on init di or some other thing but since you say all steps work no idea really.

why are you on 4.2E most ppl are on 4.3 so idkn if that can affect anything probably not.

The only reason i can see games are being shown on Blackscreen is if you force progressive on pal games that arent 60hz or on a wii without component everything else should well atleast show signs of life.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi everyone!
I found two bags in F-Zero GX with Nintendont:
1. In race while you just driving, instantly appears sound when you pushing R or L, when you dont do that.
2. In "Pilot Profiles" when you see machine, at once you zooming in (wrong "c" stick dead zone).

P. S. Sorry for my bad english.
what controller are you using?

ivarge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
then no idea, never heard anyone ever say the drive cant load the games, we heard ppl that say there drives were stuck on init di or some other thing but since you say all steps work no idea really.

why are you on 4.2E most ppl are on 4.3 so idkn if that can affect anything probably not.

The only reason i can see games are being shown on Blackscreen is if you force progressive on pal games that arent 60hz or on a wii without component everything else should well atleast show signs of life.

wii is connected to a composite crt TV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: