Hacking Nintendont

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I use nintendont, when I am looking at the menu and I have both a wiimote on and a wii u pro controller on the menu spazzes up down and the only button I can press is the home button. Does anyone know a way to fix this? EDIT: I am using 2.208

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The guess problem with those games is that MoH:EA doesn't support progressive at all (that's why it only works, if vWii settings set to 480i/576i) and that the PAL FIFA games at least don't support PAL progressive (that't why they work, when forcing NTSC).
I have thought this lately and it is most likely not a bug of nintendont but a problem with the games itself. I would love to see someone with Wii connected with component cable and videomode set to 480p test a retail MoH:EA with good old MIOS. I really wonder if it would produce a black screen, too. I guess so.
Maybe it is possible to make a "Force Interlaced" option. Dunno if this makes sense.

I was thinking about trying to set these two variables

https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/browse/trunk/loader/source/global.c#199
https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/browse/trunk/loader/source/main.c#241

to test if it would fix those games. But I have simply no time lately to even power on my WiiU.
FIX94 Any comment this would be really appreciated. Even if you just write "Yeah, that's a problem with the games itself. There's nothing I can do", it is OK. The workaround with SettingsEditorGUI is shitty, but at least it works.
Can you make the custom build (mod) of Nintendont with those variables and other changes you have in mind?
I would gladly test the custom build out once I get out of work to see if that issue is fixed with those variables.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone else here confirm that metalgear runs faster than its supposed to. simply play the first few minutes ingame. and compare that to diosmios (or actual disc if you have it)
anyone? i own the actual game, and im pretty damn sure this is running too fast. but i havent seen anyone else mention it yet.. i'd like to know if im just crazy or what..

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you make the custom build (mod) of Nintendont with those variables and other changes you have in mind?
I would gladly test the custom build out once I get out of work to see if that issue is fixed with those variables.
I tested my ideas. Well, suprisingly they work. So far I've only tested the Lord of the Rings, but it works. You can test it yourself. I attached the mod with source. You find the boot.dol in the nintendont folder.

I changed the two variables "progressive" in the lines I mentioned before

https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/browse/trunk/loader/source/global.c#199
https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/browse/trunk/loader/source/main.c#241

constantly to false in this mod. This means that the nintendont loader itself uses intelaced instead of progressive. You might notice a short green flickering when booting nintendont. besides that I havent seen any problems.

The big question now is: How do we add this to nintendont? My idea would be change "Force progressive" to "Force video technique" with Options "None", "Progressive" and "Interlaced". And the lines mentioned above change to something like

Code:
bool progressive = (CONF_GetProgressiveScan() > 0) && VIDEO_HaveComponentCable() && (ncfg->VidTechnique !=Interlaced);

The problem is probably that the loader needs to restart to change the technique, meaning you need to change it, and restart nintendont to actually apply the change. MAybe this can be done better dunno. Once again: FIX94 What's your opinion on this? Do you think it's a good idea to add such an option?

Using the attached nintendont mod is on own risk!

Attachments

• Nintendont_Test.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 158

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tested my ideas. Well, suprisingly they work. So far I've only tested the Lord of the Rings, but it works. You can test it yourself. I attached the mod with source. You find the boot.dol in the nintendont folder.

I changed the two variables "progressive" in the lines I mentioned before

constantly to false in this mod. This means that the nintendont loader itself uses intelaced instead of progressive. You might notice a short green flickering when booting nintendont. besides that I havent seen any problems.

The big question now is: How do we add this to nintendont? My idea would be change "Force progressive" to "Force video technique" with Options "None", "Progressive" and "Interlaced". And the lines mentioned above change to something like

Code:
bool progressive = (CONF_GetProgressiveScan() > 0) && VIDEO_HaveComponentCable() && (ncfg->VidTechnique !=Interlaced);

The problem is probably that the loader needs to restart to change the technique, meaning you need to change it, and restart nintendont to actually apply the change. MAybe this can be done better dunno. Once again: FIX94 What's your opinion on this? Do you think it's a good idea to add such an option?

Using the attached nintendont mod is on own risk!
So this means that this MOD changes all the games to 480i (interlaced) instead of 480p (Progressive), am I right?
If you try to force progressive, what happens?

Also, do I have to change some settings in the Force Video or something?
Exactly what settings I must have ON/OFF?

Sorry I got so many questions, I just try to make sure I am not misunderstanding anything.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the "mod" you see there is based on my suggestions I made a while back onto whats going wrong. Also I remember you posting that IDA screenshot, I dont know if you understood what it said but basically, the game cannot be started in PAL60, if you have a component/hdmi cable connected and have your wii set to progressive, nintendont always tries to start the game in progressive and there is no progressive PAL50 so the game crashes because of that. A way around that would be to force NTSC or MPAL, I saw the game supports that. I dont know what todo about that yet.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
So this means that this MOD changes all the games to 480i (interlaced) instead of 480p (Progressive), am I right?
If you try to force progressive, what happens?

Also, do I have to change some settings in the Force Video or something?
Exactly what settings I must have ON/OFF?

Sorry I got so many questions, I just try to make sure I am not misunderstanding anything.
No idea what happens, if you Force progressive. I tested the games with every setting off.

the "mod" you see there is based on my suggestions I made a while back onto whats going wrong.
Exactly. Thank your for this hint again. But it took my some time to figure out what to do, since I'm not a professional coder. Sorry that I didn't mention in my post that it was basically your idea.

Also I remember you posting that IDA screenshot, I dont know if you understood what it said [...]
I could only guess. My skills in ppc assembly are pretty bad. All knew was that it does some kind of case distinction.

A way around that would be to force NTSC or MPAL, I saw the game supports that. I dont know what todo about that yet.
Not sure if I tried MPAL already... Anyway, thanks for your reply! I promise I'll never nag you about this issue again.

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Fix and other developers, the compatibility list is almost full green and I would like ask you for take a look on the X men Legends I and II games. They only worked fine on dios mios lite. When you have some time please take a look on them....

Thank you very much for all your effort!!!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
videomodes are becoming wierder and wierder before games like tom clancys ghsot recon aways worked when video was set to auto now to boot the game you need to force ntsc and this sint the only game doing this, did something happened to the auto setting?

Joeysweden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "Checking FS" error usually means your HDD is not receiving enough power. You need to use a USB Y-Cable to use both USB port to give the USB HDD more power. Or use an external power source.
What would qualify as an external power source? Can you give me a couple examples just so I know what you are talking about? I most likely don't own a USB Y-Cable and would like to avoid buying one if possible.

Thanks

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
anyone? i own the actual game, and im pretty damn sure this is running too fast. but i havent seen anyone else mention it yet.. i'd like to know if im just crazy or what..
Your not crazy it is running a little fast noticeable compared to dios mios. Still playable tho. Was playing this game a few revisions ago and I didnt notice anything then

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would qualify as an external power source? Can you give me a couple examples just so I know what you are talking about? I most likely don't own a USB Y-Cable and would like to avoid buying one if possible.

Thanks

Usually your hdd will click if it's not receiving enough power. Is your hdd plugged in the wall at all?

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
auto isnt working correctly as far as i know i need to force ntsc to get some ntsc games to work so ...
Pedro your the man! Got them working now but still cant get them to work from wiiflow but i since auto isnt working correctly i guess that explains why. Thanks!

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Howard but it doesnt solve the problem. Force NTSC doesnt either. 2.206 brakes these PAL games
What I did should have fixed the ones that broke in 2.204 (2.200 if you were using video none). If It broke in 2.206 it is a very different problem. Was hoping your problem broke a version earlier than you thought.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)