Hacking Nintendont

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I did a bunch of testing today. Please note every time I tried a new version I deleted the CFG.bin file so it was fresh settings every time.
R179
(SD)
- F-Zero AX works
- MKGP1 does not.

(USB)
MKGP1 does not load.
F-Zero GX loads fine.

From all the testing I did the last REV that MKGP1 works for me is R167. All others up to 179 using SD, the game will not load for me. Blank screen every time.

Can anyone confirm Mario gp 1 is working now off usb with the current builds past r167?

Reactions: truelovetat

Sachmach29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's linked to on page 1 you're gonna want the latest open source version... The old version 1 is the one that only ran windwaker and was released around the same time as windwaker as a runnable proof of concept, if I recall correctly... How far we've come!

I was using 1.0, not the 0.1 Alpha version (1.0 is still outdated though, as I discovered).

Anyway, I loaded up the one on the source code and still get the error (this time I took a video showing with Super Smash Bros. Melee, but it does the same for Super Mario Sunshine). Note: the letters at the end of the folders weren't there originally, but now it is. Here's the video:https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt6p7chbxnfe6r3/IMG_5694.MOV?dl=0

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I was using 1.0, not the 0.1 Alpha version (1.0 is still outdated though, as I discovered).

Anyway, I loaded up the one on the source code and still get the error (this time I took a video showing with Super Smash Bros. Melee, but it does the same for Super Mario Sunshine). Note: the letters at the end of the folders weren't there originally, but now it is. Here's the video:https://www.dropbox.com/s/gt6p7chbxnfe6r3/IMG_5694.MOV?dl=0

wiiu needs usb drive plugged into the upper back door to work

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So at thgis moment only five games in my GC collection don't work with Nintendont:
-Namco Museum

Other than that my entire GC collection work with Nintendont (some crashes here and there but nothing unbearable) Thank you everyone who worked on this project, even the smallest effort counts!
Namco Museum 50th Anniversary (NTSC-U) works fine as far as I can tell, including the audio streaming in the arcade part and the progressive scan patch.

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So at thgis moment only five games in my GC collection don't work with Nintendont:
-Frogger Ancient Shadow
-Namco Museum
-Midway Ardace Treasure 2
-Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2
-Virtua Striker 2006

Other than that my entire GC collection work with Nintendont (some crashes here and there but nothing unbearable) Thank you everyone who worked on this project, even the smallest effort counts!

Do you have baten kaitos working? thanks

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Namco Museum 50th Anniversary (NTSC-U) works fine as far as I can tell, including the audio streaming in the arcade part and the progressive scan patch.
there are 2 games namco museum and namco museum 50th aniversery the first one doesnt owkr the 50 one does.

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I did a bunch of testing today. Please note every time I tried a new version I deleted the CFG.bin file so it was fresh settings every time.
R179
(SD)
- F-Zero AX works
- MKGP1 does not.

(USB)
MKGP1 does not load.
F-Zero GX loads fine.

From all the testing I did the last REV that MKGP1 works for me is R167. All others up to 179 using SD, the game will not load for me. Blank screen every time.

Can anyone confirm Mario gp 1 is working now off usb with the current builds past r167?

For me, F-zero shut down the wii and both baten kaitos 1 and 2 does the same thing. On 2.182

Reactions: bm123456

Sachmach29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiu needs usb drive plugged into the upper back door to work

That was it! Thanks a ton.

I've got my DualShock 4 file in my USB as controller.ini (it's in the root of the USB, so the USB is:
/games
controller.ini)

How exactly do I get it to work with Nintendont? I've got a micro-usb that works for charging with it.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
50th Anniversary always worked in Nintendont, but I'm more interested in regular Namco Museum for the exclusive arrangements, it has the best Pac-Man I ever played (Namco Museum on PSP has the second best Pac-Man I ever played, but that one came out on other consoles later on) sadly though Namco Museum doesn't work with Nintendont, black screen from beginning, however in Dios Mios it works but no audio!

Do you have baten kaitos working? thanks
Sorry I don't have this game.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again fix94.
I will buy you a beer one day mate.

You truly are a legend around here now.

Here's a wishlist of games that don't work that I'd live to see fixed eventually.

007 AUF
007 Nightfire
Phantasy Star Online 1/2

That's it and that's amazing.

truelovetat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
R179
(SD)
- F-Zero AX works
- MKGP1 does not.

(USB)
MKGP1 does not load.
F-Zero GX loads fine.

Just so I can be a part of this discussion, this was my post from another (DU) site. Like my post says I have been testing this quite a bit. My SD card is a Sandisk Ultra, 32G, SDHC class 10. I have never had issues with it using on my Wii. BTW all my testing is on Wii not Wii U.

Reactions: bm123456

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally figured out my BMX:XXX problem. When using component cables, it will only boot if the Wii is set to 480i in the Wii settings. Music's still all chipmunked up though... Going to try out some other black screeners and see what happens.

Nightfire blackscreens after pressing start on the title screen, which is sooner that reported on the wiki.

Did I read that Mario Kart GP wasn't working anymore? Cuz I'm playin right now on 2.182

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Finally figured out my BMX:XXX problem. When using component cables, it will only boot if the Wii is set to 480i in the Wii settings. Music's still all chipmunked up though... Going to try out some other black screeners and see what happens.

Nightfire blackscreens after pressing start on the title screen, which is sooner that reported on the wiki.

Did I read that Mario Kart GP wasn't working anymore? Cuz I'm playin right now on 2.182
nightfire always did that of course you can bypass that by having a save after the first mission but that means every mission that has some driving element will keep bs when choosen like the first one.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
GameTDB names are much nicer to look at thats why. :lol:
I prefer them too.

True.

Just so I can be a part of this discussion, this was my post from another (DU) site. Like my post says I have been testing this quite a bit. My SD card is a Sandisk Ultra, 32G, SDHC class 10. I have never had issues with it using on my Wii. BTW all my testing is on Wii not Wii U.

I'll go and update my Nintendont version now and see if my USB works correctly man. :)

EDIT: Mine works, but when selecting the track, Mario's not moving even after pressing every button on my GameCube Controller plugged into slot 1, using an original Wii and r182...

fish & chips

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I tried Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO and Soul Calibur II both NTSC-U on r182 and got a log of what happens when the first one black screens on boot with Force Progressive enabled and the latter crashed randomly. I really don't know what it means so I hope somebody with knowledge can check it so perhaps it can help even a little to shed some light about what happens to those games.

Also, it's my first time dealing with Nintendont logs so I hope everything is correct.

Attachments

• ndebug.log.txt
    10.4 KB · Views: 361

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?