Hacking Nintendont

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The one you mentioned in your previous post is recommended.

The compat page recommends DMToolbox. I need to know what settings to use though.

Looking at some of the shrunk sizes in the compat list it doesn't even look like it's worth the hassle :)

I'll just get bigger HDDs :)

Xenith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v2.180
Resident Evil (NTSC-U) freezes when you examine the arrow, happens with either character too.
Resident Evil 4 (NTSC-U) freezes when you go back after being choked by the village chief, happens when he jumps through the window during the cut-scene.

Can anyone confirm these?

I would imagine he just wants it to look in order without grammar/title errors, and some names just look plain stupid (Zelda ocarina multipack? What?)

I think it's a pretty cool request personally.
Yes that's it!

fish & chips

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
v2.180
Resident Evil (NTSC-U) freezes when you examine the arrow, happens with either character too.
Resident Evil 4 (NTSC-U) freezes when you go back after being choked by the village chief, happens when he jumps through the window during the cut-scene.

Can anyone confirm these?

The golden arrow that you examine and get the Arrowhead from pretty much at the beginning? I just did it with Jill and got the Arrowhead, examined that and the game is still working. Haven't played the full game in a long time though so I can't remember if there's another arrow.

I'm using r280 and an NTSC-U uncompressed ISO with Memcard Emulation on, Force Widescreen and Force Progressive on as well.

Edit: Tried the same with Chris and also had no issues.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The golden arrow that you examine and get the Arrowhead from pretty much at the beginning? I just did it with Jill and got the Arrowhead, examined that and the game is still working. Haven't played the full game in a long time though so I can't remember if there's another arrow.

I'm using r280 and an NTSC-U uncompressed ISO with Memcard Emulation on, Force Widescreen and Force Progressive on as well.

That one might be on my end then, not sure how but i'll mess with some settings and see what happens.

ShadowFlash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
you mean the gamecube one? there is no way to plug that to the wii, wii has native internet stuff via wifi why would you need the adapter?
I guess it's all about PSO games. It's possible to play PSO online with devolution, but not directly from original disc. Never tried it personally but i guess that devolution emulates GC BBA.

MrRom92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave up on N64 emulation and bough an everdrive64. Costly but worth it

I think emulation is cool as a concept but it really never substitutes the original hardware or even comes close, for me personally. Anyone who wants to play n64 just needs to get an n64. It's only the greatest console ever anyway!

The everdrive is cool because it runs on original hardware but original games are dirt cheap anyway with the exception of Bad Fur Day haha, don't think the price pays off otherwise

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I guess it's all about PSO games. It's possible to play PSO online with devolution, but not directly from original disc. Never tried it personally but i guess that devolution emulates GC BBA.
nintendont cant play the PSO games yet so you will have to wait for that and i guess online will be tough much later considering those games dont even work yet, but you cant connect the broadband adapter to a wii or wiiu of course you can emulate it and use wii wify like devo i guess but that is stuff to think about after those games work until then we all have to wait.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Wait, is this true? I didn't even know PSO was supported yet, let alone support for the BBA!

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nintendont cant play the PSO games yet so you will have to wait for that and i guess online will be tough much later considering those games dont even work yet, but you cant connect the broadband adapter to a wii or wiiu of course you can emulate it and use wii wify like devo i guess but that is stuff to think about after those games work until then we all have to wait.

It would be amazing to at least get PSO working so we can play local multiplayer :D ... BBA emulation would just be heaven for me!

Reactions: Gameboy Color

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If PSO was to work I don't think I would ever get off it, if the BBA emulation was done like Devo and we could play on private servers that would just be amazing as hell.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added -
Need for Speed: Underground 2
21px-Flag_of_Europe.png
v2.178
Widescreen = Yes​
480p = Yes​
Memcard = Yes​
Issues = None​

MrRom92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just had a pretty neat idea in regards to memory card emulation that may be able to be implemented in a future update.

This came to me when I was trying to create a new virtual memory card in dolphin, using my old saves from my original memory cards which I had in GCI format. Long story short - I couldn't. there are some games that require multiple entries on a memory card, for different aspects of game data. However when trying to import them into the new virtual memory card, dolphin spits out an error that you already have a save for that game on the card. This isn't even taking into account games which allow you to have multiple saves! Those are a problem as well.

The solution? I re-backed up my 2 cards, this time in .Raw format - 1 for each, and I renamed the one I wanted to use the proper filename as required by nintendont - ninmem.raw or whatever it's called.

My suggestion on how this can be improved for all users.

1. An option menu can be given in the loader screen to select which memory card Raw is to be used, if users are like me and have multiple card raw files. (Luckily I only had 2!) As of currently, to my knowledge, there is no way of combining multiple cards with different games into one raw file, because as I explained earlier, dolphin just does not allow you to properly transfer over the saves for some games. Some users also may have also had different saves for a game on a different card. Think of this as virtual card swapping.

This of course sounds like it would be more applicable to an update of the loader rather than nintendont, but again I'm just throwing my idea out there - it's the fact that being open source, we as a community have the power to help create such an awesome utility either with our ideas or programming skills, which makes nintendont a better option than DM and Devo :)

2. This suggestion is independent of, but related to the one above. Perhaps dual memory card emulation can be enabled so users can have a ninmemA.raw and ninmemB.raw. While I'm not aware of any particular game feature that made use of a card in both ports, I can't see it being a bad thing to have 2 cards loaded and usable at the same time as we would be on original wii or GameCube hardware - assuming that this is within the realm of possibility. I have no clue how resource intensive the emulation of 1 card is.

Any thoughts or comments from anyone? Very interested in hearing what you all think of this.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny