Hacking Nintendont

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember for the longest time after I got my WiiU, it didn't matter if I plugged my HDD into the front or back it would work for backup loading. Then came an update (the one that added gamepad screen support for vwii, I think) and then only the back ports would work. Is anyone able to test this with Nintendont in any capacity?

BooLWiigiN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Hi! Please can you explain me why are you always specifying the GAME ID (like G2CE52 for True Crime: New York City) for the cache.txt? I just want to know if i must write it in the folder's name?
And the files in the Daxtu's repository work for all the regions games? Because the ID of these file refers to NTSC-U region, can i use them with PAL games?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi! Please can you explain me why are you always specifying the GAME ID (like G2CE52 for True Crime: New York City) for the cache.txt? I just want to know if i must write it in the folder's name?
And the files in the Daxtu's repository work for all the regions games? Because the ID of these file refers to NTSC-U region, can i use them with PAL games?

No, the folder's name can be whatever you want. I think it's precisely because of region diferences, sometimes the files in the iso have different names in ntsc or pal, for example, when it includes the language in the filename (es, en, etc) That way you can see that a cache.txt was done with a certain region game and it might or might not work with a different region iso. You can still try it though.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Try to use the cache files with different region games and let us know if it worked. You can experiment and report back anything that happened :P

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

I don't think other region cache could work with a different region cache, because the files would be different, in other cases they can work partially, it depends in what archives are changed in regions.
Oh, I forget to tell, the ID doesn't affect cache, you only need to download the .txt and name cache.txt.

realromhunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, pals. I solved the problem to run Nintendon't in Wii Family Edition with IOS58 25.32 (rev 6432).
Downgrade was not required and it could be dangerous for Wii system!

I include source modification and binary files (.dol and .elf).
It is based on r94 but could be applied to newer versions easily.

In loader/main.c
Code:
    //int fw = IsWiiU() ? 25 : 24;
    int fw = *(vu8*)0x80003142;

if( *(vu16*)0x80003140 != 58
    || ( IsWiiU() && fw != 25 )
    //Fix for Wii with IOS58 25.32 (rev 6432) -> r94.1 ??? ;-D
    || ( !IsWiiU() && fw != 24 && fw != 25 )
    //
    || *(vu8*)0x80003143 != 32 )
    {
        ClearScreen();
        gprintf("This version of IOS58 is not supported!\r\n");
        PrintFormat( 25, 232, "This version of IOS58 is not supported!" );
        ExitToLoader(1);
    }
You can see from code that IOS58 24.32 (rev 6176) still be supported.

I have tested STARFOX ASSAULT [GF7P01] on my Wii Family Edition v4.3U (USB HD, PS3 Controller, Component Video cable).
Dialog text is not displayed but game works great at 16:9 (progressive scan) with sound.

At crediar: Don't be mad with me for the tweets ;-D
Code:
@romhunter1 This isn't a support hotline.

Attachments

• nintendon-t-read-only.zip
    993.2 KB · Views: 197

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, pals. I solved the problem to run Nintendon't in Wii Family Edition with IOS58 25.32 (rev 6432).
Downgrade was not required and it could be dangerous for Wii system!

I include source modification and binary files (.dol and .elf).
It is based on r94 but could be applied to newer versions easily.

In loader/main.c
Code:
    //int fw = IsWiiU() ? 25 : 24;
    int fw = *(vu8*)0x80003142;

if( *(vu16*)0x80003140 != 58
    || ( IsWiiU() && fw != 25 )
    //Fix for Wii with IOS58 25.32 (rev 6432) -> r94.1 ??? ;-D
    || ( !IsWiiU() && fw != 24 && fw != 25 )
    //
    || *(vu8*)0x80003143 != 32 )
    {
        ClearScreen();
        gprintf("This version of IOS58 is not supported!\r\n");
        PrintFormat( 25, 232, "This version of IOS58 is not supported!" );
        ExitToLoader(1);
    }
You can see from code that IOS58 24.32 (rev 6176) still be supported.
Wouldn't the same be achieved by using this instead? I would think the wiiU will always have the correct firmware (as long as people don't mess with it) so adding an extra check to see what console is used seems unnecessary to me. Because the wiiU most likely won't have a fw version 24, and yet both wii and wiiU will work if it's 25.

Code:
if( *(vu16*)0x80003140 != 58 || *(vu8*)0x80003143 != 32 || (fw != 25 && fw != 24))

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't the same be achieved by using this instead? I would think the wiiU will always have the correct firmware (as long as people don't mess with it) so adding an extra check to see what console is used seems unnecessary to me. Because the wiiU most likely won't have a fw version 24, and yet both wii and wiiU will work if it's 25.

Code:
if( *(vu16*)0x80003140 != 58 || *(vu8*)0x80003143 != 32 || (fw != 25 && fw != 24))
I want to play too:
if ((*(vu32*)0x80003140 & 0xFFFFFEFF) != 0x003A1820)

Boigahs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you guys use to format your flash drives? I've been struggling with getting past Checking FS for a while now. Is the cluster size the same as the allocation unit size in the windows 7 built-in formatting utility?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
What do you guys use to format your flash drives? I've been struggling with getting past Checking FS for a while now. Is the cluster size the same as the allocation unit size in the windows 7 built-in formatting utility?

I use guifat32 format, it works well and is simple to use.

Reactions: Oishikatta

realromhunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Code:

I guess so but, I was trying to respect logic from original code by crediar:
int fw = IsWiiU() ? 25 : 24;

This piece of code is hard to read and I prefer avoid that kind of style:
I want to play too:
if ((*(vu32*)0x80003140 & 0xFFFFFEFF) != 0x003A1820)

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I guess so but, I was trying to respect logic from original code by crediar:

This piece of code is hard to read and I prefer avoid that kind of style:

lol, actually that bit was changed by me, because the previous one (not sure if it was the original) was an if IsWiiU () { bla bla bla } else { bla bla bla} ; and the only difference was that it used 25 in one, and 24 in the other. so I wanted to make it shorter and easier to read.

I don't have enough knowledge to know if what greyrogue posted actually works... but to be honest, they're the coders and if they can read that, then it's okay. I always have a tendency to go for the shorter way to do something, even if it's not easy to understand (not the same as "easy to read")

kingdsx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been playing through Super Mario Sunshine on 1.80 and just wanted to indicate that the shadow mario levels for ricco harbor (white screen right after level select never goes away, so level cannot be played at all) and sirena beach (level loads, but when you cannot enter hotel delfino (after you talk to the man outside the hotel, the screen goes black and never goes away). This may apply to pianta village's shadow mario level as well, but I have not gotten to that level at this point. These levels all work properly on dolphin emulator, so I doubt a corrupt iso is the problem. This effectively makes it impossible to beat the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D:)