Hacking Nintendont

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried mate with no luck. Install dm wad and used program for the iso file and transferred to a games folder on both hdd and sd card, I can select game but then it stays on black screen, and stays that way until I turn off at wall
only very few games will work with out a disc in the drive for dios mios. so simple enough i keep wii sports disc in there and it works just gr8

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
What
only very few games will work with out a disc in the drive for dios mios. so simple enough i keep wii sports disc in there and it works just gr8
What?! It's the exact opposite bud, very few games need a disc in the drive to work. Other than Sonic Gems Collection I don't need a disc in the drive a all for over 80+ GC games.

Anyway DM stuff needs to hop on over to the DM thread :P lol ;)

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
how is it the opposite?? your not gonna get a game that loads without a disc in the drive but then get the same game not working with the disc in the drive!!!! but then again maybe im on bout DML but i dont think so

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
how is it the opposite?? your not gonna get a game that loads without a disc in the drive but then get the same game not working with the disc in the drive!!!! but then again maybe im on bout DML but i dont think so
You are correct, both of you are correct, only you're not phrasing what you mean correctly, what you meant to say is "if you keep a disc in the drive you make sure all games that work in DM(L) shall work fine wither they originally needed a disc or not" which is correct, but only very few games left that need that so MassiveRican is correct as well.

Reactions: MassiveRican

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah ok thanks for clearing that up sonictopfan cuz I couldn't understand his post lol.

okay so what part did you need explaining to you? cos its there in black and white and in english!!! i may not have explained it very well but it still makes perfect sence lol im guessing nobody on the net likes too be quoted or questioned on there answers!!! lolzzzz but ye thanks sonictopfan for clearing this up.

Refriger8tor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not quite sure I understand the point of nintendont, although I will certainly try it, I can already run my Gamecube games on the Wii U with support for PS3, Classic Controller, and Wii U Pro controllers using Devolution. The only difference (besides probably being coded quite differently I'm sure) is that this will not have Devolution's anti piracy disk-verification system, which requires owning both a Wii and the Gamecube games you are trying to play?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Developers don't need a "point" to work on something they like.
Look how many NES/SNES emulators there are out there, developers don't think "no point developing my own, someone else already released a way to play my favorite game on my favorite platform", instead it's more "It looks like a challenge for me, and I'll probably learn things from it!".

It's just another project, using a different code and style. Use the one you prefer/works best for your need.
Nintendont is still in early development stage and Devolution will probably have better game compatibility. what's interesting is that it has always been told that it's impossible to do it, and it can in fact be done from multiple ways.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I'm not sure about the "point" but the BENEFITS I can see (even for those already owning the GC disks) is that if you don't have a classic or pro or PS3 controller or an older Wii console with a working drive but if you DO have just a HID compliant USB game controller, you can still play GC games on Wii U.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want it because it will load faster and have audio streaming without any sort of arbitrary restriction, such as Devolution's AP measures. I have plenty of GC discs that Devo refuses to verify because they've been all scratched up because they're old and I didn't take good enough care of them because I was a child.

Reactions: the_randomizer

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure about the "point" but the BENEFITS I can see (even for those already owning the GC disks) is that if you don't have a classic or pro or PS3 controller or an older Wii console with a working drive but if you DO have just a HID compliant USB game controller, you can still play GC games on Wii U.

or just hate a diseased program and choose to boycott based on the false beliefs that its legal.

i can't wait for nintendont, i love testing new programs. it feels like a release is imminent! and i'm off tomorrow so please crediar, let me get it!!!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why would you want classic controller? The Wii U pro controller is much better suited for playing gamecube games.
Why would he/she want classic controller support? Let me think...maybe because they already own a classic controller, and don't own a Wii U pro controller, and there is no point in them buying a brand new controller if one they already own could be used instead.

NathanFiscus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I already tweeted him, but I just realized that I messed up and said "Right port only", it's supposed to be LEFT port only! >_> I'll edit as much as I can...

Other than that, I'm having quite a bit of trouble getting the analog L & R to map to digital buttons...that's the main reason I still consider this preliminary.

EDIT: I've updated my post with a new pastebin link that will have multiple button configs (currently I only have one) and the controller.ini values for making your own.

I have gone through every post in this thread multiple times, so hopefully I haven't missed the answer to my question :)

Will both ports on this adapter be accessible to Nintendon't? I do not know what values are spit out by this adapter, or if the controller.ini for the RIGHT side port will even be possible.

I want to use nintendont for Mario Party 4-7 when I have friends over [4 Player!]. Already have MP 1&3 on Not64, 2 on VC, 8&9 on disc.

Second question; does the original Xbox 1 controller (duke or S) work with this? Haven't gotten to test a USB-xbox adapter with crediars HIDtest.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Will both ports on this adapter be accessible to Nintendon't? I do not know what values are spit out by this adapter, or if the controller.ini for the RIGHT side port will even be possible.

as of right now nintendont supports only a single controller, i'm not sure whether that will ever change but at this time unfortunately you're looking at solo play

edit:
https://twitter.com/crediar/status/366967729154048002
Crediar said:
Currently only one player is support[ed] no matter what connection/controller type (except real GC pads on Wii of course)

use of "currently" i guess means multi gamepad support could possibly come later down the line but i wouldn't hold my breath...

NathanFiscus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
as of right now nintendont supports only a single controller, i'm not sure whether that will ever change but at this time unfortunately you're looking at solo play

edit:
https://twitter.com/crediar/status/366967729154048002

use of "currently" i guess means multi gamepad support could possibly come later down the line but i wouldn't hold my breath...

Oh wow.... I have no idea how I missed that before! Solo play only... well that changes quite a bit for me :(.

Thanks for the reply, at least now I know :)!

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Why would he/she want classic controller support? Let me think...maybe because they already own a classic controller, and don't own a Wii U pro controller, and there is no point in them buying a brand new controller if one they already own could be used instead.
Except that Classic Controllers are crap for playing GC games with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol