Hacking Nintendont

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone have code for controller ps2 ho works on mario sunshine, i trie make my ow, but steel dont work. i used the tool for test on homebrew channel, and all buttons respond to may comands, but, when i play, steel dont have water on fluid, and mario make the moviments, like when use water. the button work and dont work at same time.

As I said previously, this is because the ps2 controller lacks analog triggers.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

I thought the game was still playable without analog shoulders, with the only drawback being that you can't run and shoot water at the same time.

I don't have the game so I'm only speakingfrom what I've read posted in this thread before

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the best thing is get a ps3 controller?

This is the best adapter to get for Nintendont until bluetooth support is added.

Gamecube controller with working analog triggers.
I thought the game was still playable without analog shoulders, with the only drawback being that you can't run and shoot water at the same time.

I don't have the game so I'm only speakingfrom what I've read posted in this thread before
That only happens when the analog triggers are not configured in the controller.ini

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is the best adapter to get for Nintendont until bluetooth support is added.

Gamecube controller with working analog triggers.

What only happens when the analog triggers are not configured in the controller.ini

But his problem seems to be that Mario stops and gets into position to shoot water but no water comes out. It's not the same as not being able to run while shooting water. That's why I don't think that not having analog triggers shouldn't make the game unplayable the way he describes it.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So when Bluetooth support is added, what will be the best controller that has working L+R Analog triggers?

I guess either the ps3 controller or the wii classic controller; since those have analog triggers and can connect through bluetooth (though the CC requires to be plugged into the wiimote). the WiiU Pro controller doesn't have analog triggers, from what I read, even though they're better designed for wireless use. Or something like that, I just did a quick search on google to see which controllers would fit the criteria of being wireless with analog L/R.

Even so, people is already using the wavebird as their wireless choice apparently, isn't that the best option at this time?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
How about the good ol' Wavebird? I'm all for bluetooth and everything but I prefer a GC remote over anything at anytime :D

I have 3 Wavebirds, a few GC wired remotes, and a few PS3 remotes, so I'm ready for whatever, but my preferred way would be to play with a Wavebird. So there's still no confirmed adapter that works 100% including the analog shoulder buttons for the WB is there?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
To be honest, I've been thinking about how good it would be to actually have Wiimote + Nunchuk support so I wouldn't have to go out and buy a wireless controller, lol. Sadly, the controller scheme isn't completely mappable, since you'd be lacking a way to map the C-Stick, and the only workaround (if it were even possible) that I've thought up would be to make long pressing Start (Home button) toggle the mapping of the Nunchuk Stick and the Wiimote's DPAD. Kinda like the Analog toggle works in some controllers.

That way you'd normally have the Stick for movement and DPAD for whatever the game uses it, but holding Start would make the Stick work as C-Stick (for camera control or pointing) and the DPAD as a limited movement Stick. If the leds are controllable you'd make it flash when changing schemes, or keep the first or the last light on depending on which mode is being used at the time... I'm not sure how that would feel when actually playing, though.

After reading again, it does sound too complicated, and probably not worth it when you can just go and buy a controller (even if they're expensive), still it's something I thought so I'll leave it here :P.

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the Wavebird receiver would have to plug into the end of the 3-in-1 adapter which is plugged into the Wii? Or will the Wavebird connect directly to the Wii through Bluetooth?

Maybe the CC would be the best option? This one supposedly costs $30.
pa.145128.1.jpg

This one is also an option.
gamecube_classic_wireless_controller.jpg

Or we can wait for the new one that is supposedly going to be released for the new Smash Bros. Why would they make a new controller that plugs into the old school Wiimote? Why not directly through Bluetooth and also have a wired option. All hardcore SSB fans desperately want a new wired controller. We all know HID works on Wii and most likely (99.9%) on the WiiU as well so why is Nintendo being stupid about this?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the Wavebird receiver would have to plug into the end of the 3-in-1 adapter which is plugged into the Wii? Or will the Wavebird connect directly to the Wii through Bluetooth?

Maybe the CC would be the best option? This one supposedly costs $30.

This one is also an option.

Or we can wait for the new one that is supposedly going to be released for the new Smash Bros. Why would they make a new controller that plugs into the old school Wiimote? Why not directly through Bluetooth and also have a wired option. All hardcore SSB fans desperately want a new wired controller. We all know HID works on Wii and most likely (99.9%) on the WiiU as well so why is Nintendo being stupid about this?

The wavebird controller does not work with the Mayflash 3 in 1 Magic Joy Box adapter.

This is the adapter you want once Nintendont has bluetooth support. This will give multiplayer with gamecube controllers on Wii U.

It also will work for the new smash bros.

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still think that is stupid. Why can't Nintendo make their own first party Wii U pro controller that resembles the GC controller. Here are some examples of what Nintendo could make.
T8gJ3AR.png

When plugged in, it will act as an HID controller.
wii-u-gamecube-controllergamecubewii-u-hybrid-controller-petition-smashboards-zl46agiz.png

Reactions: MassiveRican

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I still think that is stupid. Why can't Nintendo make their own first party Wii U pro controller that resembles the GC controller. Here are some examples of what Nintendo could make.

When plugged in, it will act as an HID controller.

Isn't it because WiiU isn't GC compatible so it would be pointless to make a new controller with that design?

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it because WiiU isn't GC compatible so it would be pointless to make a new controller with that design?

I read somewhere that Nintendo has actually partnered with some third party developer to make a GC like controller. It will act like the Classic Controller. That's what makes me mad is that it will be like the Classic Controller. I was hoping for a wired and/or Bluetooth controller that didn't require the Wiimote to function.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere that Nintendo has actually partnered with some third party developer to make a GC like controller. It will act like the Classic Controller. That's what makes me mad is that it will be like the Classic Controller. I was hoping for a wired and/or Bluetooth controller that didn't require the Wiimote to function.

This is true.

Points at Nintendont and Devolution. :glare:

The Wii U just needs some "assistance" to play gamecube games.

The pro controller coulda been an updated gamecube controller. The gamecube controller is much more comfortable to hold then the current pro controller.

on topic guys, lets not discuss using a gamecube controller on Wii U stuff here.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Well, on THAT I can agree. I simply don't see what's the point of making a controller that plugs in another controller.. Mind you, I haven't bought a Classic Controller yet so I don't know how long the cord is and stuff, but just the thought of needing to have the wiimote close to me to have the Controller plugged into it is enough to put me off of buying it.

Still, I think that even if they make the controller, it won't make that much a difference if there aren't GC games to play in the WiiU (in an official way, I mean).

This is true.

Points at Nintendont and Devolution. :glare:

The Wii U just needs some "assistance" to play gamecube games.

The pro controller coulda been an updated gamecube controller. The gamecube controller is much more comfortable to hold then the current pro controller.

on topic guys, lets not discuss using a gamecube controller on Wii U stuff here.

As far as Nintendo cares there's no GC compatibility, that's my point. Of course WE have Nintendont and Devolution, and even DIOS Mios; but they won't make a brand new controller to resemble the one used in a console they don't OFFICIALLY support.

If it were a matter of design, they would have kept the one from GC from the start, with the Classic Controller.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
On a different note, and sorry for the double post, I have a question for those who have played Twin Snakes with nintendont up to the second disc, spoilers ahead for those who haven't played the original game or this one.

How did you manage the fight with Psycho mantis? In the psx version I had to plug the controller into the 2nd slot; but I read that for the GC remake, you need to plug it in the fourth port. And that's not possible to do at this point with a HID controller; did you use an original Wii?

Too bad I'll miss some fun details in the game due to nintendont having only one game per memory card. Unless it's possible to add other saves to it using dolphin's MC manager if there's space left, I might try that later.

Reactions: JnL_SSBM

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

PS2 controller also has 4 more buttons. Surely you could map one of them to either trigger R2 and L2 to be registered as half pressed, or map the half pressed L or R to like R3 or L3?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: no, but fucking cockroaches