Hacking Nintendont

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont is a nice name and all but I feel it isnt doing this project much justice. Dolphin is the codename for Gamecube, and a synonym for Dolphin is "Orca". I think a project like this would shine with a name like Orca. It wont get confused with "Nintendon't". I know the devs must be proud of their project, but like many projects, names usually change. Sorry for thinking out loud.

Some images for inspiration :D

https://www.google.com/search?q=orc...h&sa=X&ei=WGiGU_jBI5CayATjuILgBw&ved=0CAUQ_AU

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont is a nice name and all but I feel it isnt doing this project much justice. Dolphin is the codename for Gamecube, and a synonym for Dolphin is "Orca". I think a project like this would shine with a name like Orca. It wont get confused with "Nintendon't". I know the devs must be proud of their project, but like many projects, names usually change. Sorry for thinking out loud.

https://www.google.com/search?q=orca icon&hl=en&gbv=2&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=WGiGU_jBI5CayATjuILgBw&ved=0CAUQ_AU

Honestly the name Nintendont sticks out more then Devolution and Dios Mios.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

https://www.google.com/search?q=orca icon&hl=en&gbv=2&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=WGiGU_jBI5CayATjuILgBw&ved=0CAUQ_AU
I like more Nintendont name...

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

For me the name should be something like:
Don't-volution :D
No AP :D

Caltrate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, a huge thanks to Adeka for suggesting I use Nintendont. After days of struggling with Dios Mios, I gave Nintendont a try and it worked immediately. :lol:

But I have to ask, how does the virtual memory card emulation work? What exact files do I need?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, a huge thanks to Adeka for suggesting I use Nintendont. After days of struggling with Dios Mios, I gave Nintendont a try and it worked immediately. :lol:

But I have to ask, how does the virtual memory card emulation work? What exact files do I need?

None, you have to enable them when the app loads up. Press B to go to the settings, enabled memory card emulation

HolmesNumba187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still having trouble with the mayflash 3in1 gamecube reset using r69 on WiiU. Formatted sd, formatted usb, tried different device, tried making my own reset combo...it can't be anything on my end I'm sure of it. Were there any other changes to 1.53 (last version that used reset successfully) that could have caused this? I know I've been bugging with this but I have done plenty of troubleshooting/testing. I did try out a ps3 controller and the reset works fine no problem.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
use the one in the opening post i use that one and my analog shoulder work perfectly

first time using every game you must let it format the memory card, it will save each memory card individualy so no worries on multiple formats

Caltrate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. It worked.

When I first enabled the virtual memory card, I went back to home, and I guess the settings didn't save. So I thought I was missing something. This time I just started the game right after and the memory card was detected.

Thanks again. This was mush easier than I thought it would be.

TheJez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay i don't know why but if i boot the nintendont dol from hbc won't work my ps3 controller, but if i run it from wiiflow i will work :D, another question!! star fox assault needs 2 fonts, where should i put them?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. It worked.

When I first enabled the virtual memory card, I went back to home, and I guess the settings didn't save. So I thought I was missing something. This time I just started the game right after and the memory card was detected.

Thanks again. This was mush easier than I thought it would be.

Make sure to put the gamecube bios (copyrighted, can't link) or font_ansi.bin on the root of your hdd to ensure maximum compatibility.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it really about to surpass Devolution's compatibility? And I was wondering how the sound streaming has come along since tueidj got the code pulled?

The devs have been working on game compatibility this week. You never know how far this project will go.

The devs made new sound code within days of the project being pulled. Audio streaming is still not supported.

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
anyone have code for controller ps2 ho works on mario sunshine, i trie make my ow, but steel dont work. i used the tool for test on homebrew channel, and all buttons respond to may comands, but, when i play, steel dont have water on fluid, and mario make the moviments, like when use water. the button work and dont work at same time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F