Hacking Nintendont

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What could be suggested to the devs, is changing the code for the reset stub so that it would change back the autoboot setting to Off when nintendont is "shutdown". That way the loaders can keep using the autoboot feature, without it being annoying or affecting users that switch back and forth between the loader and HBC.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
ide like an autoboot/directboot feature so the usbloader can load nintendont and then the game without having to choose the game through usbloader and then nintendont loader

andy1602

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, i need help to solve this problem... i am going crazy after hours trying with no success.

Objective: Be able to walk/run and use FLUDD at the same time
Problem: Analog triggers don't work properly (DualShock 3).
Question: HOW can i configure this thing right ?

Here are a few pictures to illustrate the problem:
01: L fully pressed.
02: R fully pressed.
03: L and R fully pressed.
04: controller.ini (for DualShock 3) that i am using.
05: When R is softly pressed, Mario holds both Fludd arms and can't walk.
06: When R is softly pressed until the max possible Mario still can't move but Fludd squirt water (without difference in water pressure).

Does anyone knows what is wrong with my controller.ini ?

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 194
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 265
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 240
  • 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 266
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 252
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 273

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
ide like an autoboot/directboot feature so the usbloader can load nintendont and then the game without having to choose the game through usbloader and then nintendont loader

Which usbloader are you talking about? LoaderGX already has the option to enable Autoboot for Nintendont in its settings, I would think Wiiflow has that as well, and probably even cfgloader.

Hey guys, i need help to solve this problem... i am going crazy after hours trying with no success.

Objective: Be able to walk/run and use FLUDD at the same time
Problem: Analog triggers don't work properly (DualShock 3).
Question: HOW can i configure this thing right ?

Here are a few pictures to illustrate the problem:
01: L fully pressed.
02: R fully pressed.
03: L and R fully pressed.
04: controller.ini (for DualShock 3) that i am using.
05: When R is softly pressed, Mario holds both Fludd arms and can't walk.
06: When R is softly pressed until the max possible Mario still can't move but Fludd squirt water (without difference in water pressure).

Does anyone knows what is wrong with my controller.ini ?

Isn't it because your LAnalog/RAnalog are wrong in the ini? If I'm right, LAnalog should be 19 and RAnalog 20.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
ill try it later but wiiflow loads nintendont and then i have to choose a game. having autoboot turned on will on reboot the previouse loaded game? or so i thought

edit. i thought correct. the auto boot will only load previouse game

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
ill try it later but wiiflow loads nintendont and then i have to choose a game. having autoboot turned on will on reboot the previouse loaded game? or so i thought

The point of autoboot is that when you're using a loader (LoaderGX at least, I don't have wiiflow to check) you can go into the settings for Gamecube games, and choose Nintendont as the loader, and then enable Autoboot and MC Emulation. These settings are sent to nintendont and stay that way until you change them manually. This way when you choose a game on the usbloader, it goes straight to loading the game, without having to choose again.

The only drawback is that if you decide to go load nintendont through HBC you'll have to press B to stop the booting and choose another game. That's why I suggested that the devs should make it change back the setting to Off when the Power button is pressed in the controller to return to the loader.

Reactions: jammybudga777

andy1602

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Isn't it because your LAnalog/RAnalog are wrong in the ini? If I'm right, LAnalog should be 19 and RAnalog 20.

I did this earlier, the result is the same of picture 05, Mario holds both fludd arms and can't walk, no water going out fludd no matter how much the analog buttons are pressed... i also have a DualShock 4 and the behavior was the same using another controller.ini, the only exception was rumble is working with DS3 but not with DS4.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I did this earlier, the result is the same of picture 05, Mario holds both fludd arms and can't walk, no water going out fludd no matter how much the analog buttons are pressed... i also have a DualShock 4 and the behavior was the same using another controller.ini, the only exception was rumble is working with DS3 but not with DS4.

Does it work if you add a DigitalLR=1 to your controller.ini and make the button react only at full press?

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Autoboot is only enabled if YOU choose to enable it. So I don't see your point, if you don't like it, then disable it in the settings of your loader. Because when loading from HBC, autoboot won't enable itself.

you didn't get my point.
autoboot is handy and a must for loaders (in fact all loaders use autoboot by default and there's no way you can disable it) but it should not be kept "ON" after exiting a game (using loaders) since if you launch nintendont via hbc the next time you need to be spiderman to press B on time and stop the loading of the last played game.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
how would auto boot work if it turns itself off after a game?? would be pointless in the auto boot lol and is it really much of a problem in pressing B to cancel the auto boot? also is there a way to get wiiflow boot the gamecube game directly?? at the moment i choose a game in wiiflow then it loads nintendont and then i have to choose the game again

Reactions: Adeka

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
how would auto boot work if it turns itself off after a game?? would be pointless in the auto boot lol and is it really much of a problem in pressing B to cancel the auto boot? also is there a way to get wiiflow boot the gamecube game directly?? at the moment i choose a game in wiiflow then it loads nintendont and then i have to choose the game again

use latest wiiflow mod rev 1073+ to autoboot nintendont
it's actually turning the autoboot setting off after nintendont gets the gameid, not the autoboot itself
it's very easy to achieve and imo it's an annoying bug as it is now.
Edit: 5 secs is not enough if your controller is not plugged, also making the time longer is not practical, maybe it would be best to press B to autoboot game when you launch nintendont from HBC not the other way around i.e. press it to cancel

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
you didn't get my point.
autoboot is handy and a must for loaders (in fact all loaders use autoboot by default and there's no way you can disable it) but it should not be kept "ON" after exiting a game (using loaders) since if you launch nintendont via hbc the next time you need to be spiderman to press B on time and stop the loading of the last played game.

I use LoaderGX and it has settings for nintendont, Autoboot and MCEmu, can't remember if there's any other. And you didn't read the rest of my posts apparently, I said that you could suggest the devs to add a piece of code where Nintendont sets Autoboot to Off again when you use the Power button to shut it down and go back to the loader.

Autoboot will work as long as the usb loader has it On, the usb loader settings are separated from nintendont settings, that's why if it's Off in nintendont, it will still be On in the usbloader. That's why even if they turned off the Autoboot when you shutdown nintendont, it would still work.

Autoboot is fine. Waste of dev time that could be working on the kernel to increase game compatibility.

It's a really small change and it's perfectly fine to suggest things as long as the point is clearly made and understandable by everyone.

use latest wiiflow mod rev 1073+ to autoboot nintendont
it's actually turning the autoboot setting off after nintendont gets the gameid, not the autoboot itself
it's very easy to achieve and imo it's an annoying bug as it is now.
Edit: 5 secs is not enough if your controller is not plugged, also making the time longer is not practical, maybe it would be best to press B to autoboot game when you launch nintendont from HBC not the other way around i.e. press it to cancel

The controller doesn't need to be plugged, since you press the B button in the wiimote.. Cyan even made the time longer after I mentioned that the wiimote didn't have time to reconnect before the game was already booting.

Reactions: jammybudga777

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I've read what you wrote, your suggestion is ok, but remember games can freeze or you can exit via hard reset or what not... so the stub will not cover all those cases.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
bluetooth would still be much better. think thats an obviouse one. but maybe nintendo will release gamecube games on the Eshop as rumoured before and would be less hassle for them if gc controllers could be used

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...