Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmm really? I am going to take a look over it. Thanks for reporting your test too ;)

Edit: Woah :O It looks like there is no need to imput file path in file names, but only files itselves :)
Loading in nintendont was slower in caching files process, but title screens and transitions are really faster now :P Thanks zombieman for your tip, it seems that I worked too hard for nothing lol
Edit2: There is about 10 seconds saved with my cache.txt plus filenames only :) Great, I will look over dolphin more to find more usable files in my cache :P
Edit3: Just amazing improvements, now loading houses and outset island (where I retrieved files with Dolphin) takes less than 2 seconds, instead of 7-8 before creating a cache.txt file:)

zombieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm really? I am going to take a look over it. Thanks for reporting your test too ;)

Edit: Woah :O It looks like there is no need to imput file path in file names, but only files itselves :)
Loading in nintendont was slower in caching files process, but title screens and transitions are really faster now :P Thanks zombieman for your tip, it seems that I worked too hard for nothing lol
Edit2: There is about 10 seconds saved with my cache.txt plus filenames only :) Great, I will look over dolphin more to find more usable files in my cache :P
Edit3: Just amazing improvements, now loading houses and outset island (where I retrieved files with Dolphin) takes less than 2 seconds, instead of 7-8 before creating a cache.txt file:)

your hard work wasn't all for nothing at least you figured out what files to use, good job :)

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Heroes 10.8 Prototype works 100% on R38 of Nintendon't. (From the current code google).
Sonic Adventure 2 Review Prototype works 100%
Sonic Adventure Dx Preview Prototype: Saving seems not to work. I have to check with Dolphin on the saving part. Needs font.ansi.bin. (I pasted all four files onto my USB to be safe).

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
your hard work wasn't all for nothing at least you figured out what files to use, good job :)

Thanks for your report and your tips, it helps me a lot ;) Still, I am on nintendont and passing the begining of the game, it loads maps really fast, boot time is 10 seconds faster and no crashes so far :)

Reactions: Oishikatta

zombieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your report and your tips, it helps me a lot ;) Still, I am on nintendont and passing the begining of the game, it loads maps really fast, boot time is 10 seconds faster and no crashes so far :)

no problem thats what testers are for lol:) if you didn't figure out how to make dolphin to show what files are loaded it would've been a lot harder to do:) is that using your original cache.txt you posted or did you make another one

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I made an other one, with no path in file names, and you are absolutely right, now files are REALLY cached now :) currently I am still on nintendont, no issues so far, didn't encounter freezes while loading maps, saving flawlessly, general speedup in windwaker so far ! And I am going to add more files to my cache.txt, there is still plenty of RAM. Once finished, it would be a pleasure to share my cache with everybody in there :)
Also, It MAY work with pal version too, because it is the same game after all :P minor differences should be taken in consideration too ;)

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made an other one, with no path in file names, and you are absolutely right, now files are REALLY cached now :) currently I am still on nintendont, no issues so far, didn't encounter freezes while loading maps, saving flawlessly, general speedup in windwaker so far ! And I am going to add more files to my cache.txt, there is still plenty of RAM. Once finished, it would be a pleasure to share my cache with everybody in there :)
Also, It MAY work with pal version too, because it is the same game after all :P minor differences should be taken in consideration too ;)
bring it on :P

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Later, it is still unfinished :P I am testing right now, and there is improvement to do ;)
After I think it is enough enhenced, I will share my cache :)
Probably later tonight, as it is unfinished and I put files 2-3 times in the same cache lol :P
Once finished, I promise I willupload it to all of those who want to test it ;)

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Later, it is still unfinished :P I am testing right now, and there is improvement to do ;)
After I think it is enough enhenced, I will share my cache :)
Probably later tonight, as it is unfinished and I put files 2-3 times in the same cache lol :P
Once finished, I promise I willupload it to all of those who want to test it ;)
what cache.txt you attached? it's for the Zelda: Wind Waker?

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
what cache.txt you attached? it's for the Zelda: Wind Waker?

For windwaker, but don't bother with this one, because it was a test, and it is filled with full filepath in filenames, and it is not needed :P

Reactions: Oishikatta

MaxP90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tested with v 1.37, every game NTSC
Auto Modellista: boots but freezes shortly after
Gladius: long loading times, no issues besides that
SSX Tricky: boots and plays fine, freezes when saving
SSX On Tour: works perfectly
SSX 3: works perfectly

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (PAL)
Beach Spikers - Virtua Beach Volleyball (PAL)
Resident Evil Zero (PAL)
Worked fine in v1.25, now black screen in v1.37

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Final Fantasy CC (PAL): Worked fine in v1.21, now black screen in v1.37.
some games did lost compat and now black screen not sure when that happened but i think it was after 1.27 games like sonic adventure dx botted even if they freezed on the boss fight and now blackscreen same for some other ones

dario14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to get the WiiU Pro Controller to work with the Mayflash USB adapter. I've been using the controller.ini from the Nintendont SVN. All the buttons seem to work except start, and Y and B seem to be switched. Also the L and R triggers register on and off repeately when pressed. When I hold R down it acts like I'm repeatedly tapping it.

When I used HIDTest, the offset and value for the Start(+) button appear to be 3, 02 (it's hard to tell because the numbers flicker on my tv so they're very hard to read). I changed the values for start in the controller.ini to 3, 02 and now when I try to play a game it's like the start button registers repeatedly every 1-2 seconds when I'm not even pressing it. Any ideas about what could be wrong? Is there a way to make L and R work properly? I know that the analog function isn't possible, but how can I get the triggers to stay pressed when I hold them down?

Does it depend on the game? So far I've tried Luigi's Mansion, Double Dash, and Melee.

Also I've been testing with 1.39

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've been trying to get the WiiU Pro Controller to work with the Mayflash USB adapter. I've been using the controller.ini from the Nintendont SVN. All the buttons seem to work except start, and Y and B seem to be switched. Also the L and R triggers register on and off repeately when pressed. When I hold R down it acts like I'm repeatedly tapping it.

When I used HIDTest, the offset and value for the Start(+) button appear to be 3, 02 (it's hard to tell because the numbers flicker on my tv so they're very hard to read). I changed the values for start in the controller.ini to 3, 02 and now when I try to play a game it's like the start button registers repeatedly every 1-2 seconds when I'm not even pressing it. Any ideas about what could be wrong? Is there a way to make L and R work properly? I know that the analog function isn't possible, but how can I get the triggers to stay pressed when I hold them down?

Does it depend on the game? So far I've tried Luigi's Mansion, Double Dash, and Melee.

Also I've been testing with 1.39

So far I know, it works the same for all games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo