Hacking Nintendont

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
.. Devkit libs run on the PPC.
The game uses the PPC and Nintendont runs on the ARM to route everything like a gamecube.

I would like to use the Wii U pro controller too.

I don't think memory is an issue, so I should try my ideas when I get access to my computer.

True, but the HID is addressed via IOS_Open call and Iotcls calls. Wiibrew example shows address the bluetooth dongle via the same calls.
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki//dev/usb/oh1#Send_Or_Receive_Bulk.2FInterrupt_Message

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
younno , thinking about it kinda makes me sad. OJ made the best steps on nintendont, in my opinion ,since crediar stopped working on it. handing over the project seems like shelving nintendont. after all he knows allot and made many kool adjustments to *neek so he's worked with code crediars and done very well. i myself am hoping OJ owns what he's done and does more advancements with it, combining sd and usb and game patches would seem to me to be rite up OJ's ally so to speak

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I figured the app could be loaded from SD and it would load the backups from USB like Devolution and many other backup loaders. I guess that explains the problems I've been having; I'll be sure to give that a shot later on tonight.
are you sure you updated the boot loader? alot of ppl forgot to do so and were using the sd version still

also will we get a new compatibility list or edit the existing one with r1usb or something else?

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
There, there are non I've read. I misunderstood threads other places (sites). Where people talked about it. I realized it and came back to point that out. People make mistakes...such as spelling. Hope you get the right file. They make threads so ask about your issue in those.

Ha ha, ios58, not 80.

my issue's im having are NINTENDONT related so i find this forum the correct one too ask :)

lolzz oh its okay im kinda used to you being wrong :) hhmmmm silly you

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I was really hoping the usb and sd would be on the same google code and be updated together, not separately
For now it's better to have two pages, since they have different compatibility. Next step will be to take a look, why some games work on version A and doesn't on version B. This is relatively simple to do, since both sources are available. Once both have the same compatibility and use the same patches, the pages could be could be merged. But even then it's not necessary. And the very last step, after everything else is done, would be to merge the versions itself.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
For those who want Bluetooth, you could check the bluetooth stack Tueidj uses for devolution. It's freely available for non commercial use.
Tueidj refers to it in his documentation as he got permission from them to use it without releasing any sources.

Reactions: jammybudga777

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried USB version with no luck, first I have to say that SD card MUST be unplugged in or else it will look for games on the SD instead, now I get the games list but if I select any game to play I get an error message and it sends me back to the HBC!

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
For those who want Bluetooth, you could check the bluetooth stack Tueidj uses for devolution. It's freely available for non commercial use.
Tueidj refers to it in his documentation as he got permission from them to use it without releasing any sources.

This is what he is referencing: https://github.com/lwalkera/lwBT
This is included in Libogc.

However, it requires the bluetooth driver that is in the IOS (if I am correct, or it's for Wi-Fi only???)

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you sure you updated the boot loader? alot of ppl forgot to do so and were using the sd version still

also will we get a new compatibility list or edit the existing one with r1usb or something else?

Pretty dang sure I'm using the USB variant of Nintendont. I downloaded it from the site from that Wii Flow thread before the download was removed and the dude who posted it decided to leave GBATemp. It was labeled as Nintendont USB Beta 7.

I made posts after that one where I had some success in that it accessed the USB Drive, but my games wouldn't show up. I used the file structure detailed in the opening post on the first page.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty dang sure I'm using the USB variant of Nintendont. I downloaded it from the site from that Wii Flow thread before the download was removed and the dude who posted it decided to leave GBATemp. It was labeled as Nintendont USB Beta 7.

I made posts after that one where I had some success in that it accessed the USB Drive, but my games wouldn't show up. I used the file structure detailed in the opening post on the first page.

First make sure your sd card is completely unplugged. Boot NintendontUSB from the homebrew channel with ONLY the usb plugged in the back top slot ( and controller in the bottom back slot).

Your directories should be like this:

usb/root/apps/Nintendont/boot.dol
usb/root/games/gameid/game.iso

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I tested it with the SD card both in the system and out of the system with the same result.

The opening post on Page 1 said that the folders each game was located in could be named "Whatever you want", so I named them the names of the games rather than the GameID itself (For file management purposes). Would that make a difference?

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I tested it with the SD card both in the system and out of the system with the same result.

The opening post on Page 1 said that the folders each game was located in could be named "Whatever you want", so I named them the names of the games rather than the GameID itself (For file management purposes). Would that make a difference?

Hmm...
Try reformatting your HDD (backup your files first !!!)

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not about to reformat my HDD since it is set up for Devolution. I may be able to do it by making a disk image of it first to preserve the verification files as was detailed in the Devolution thread (Straight copy-paste backups do not work for those files), but I don't want to deal with re-verification again.

I did a quick-format on the Flash Drive which I know isn't as good, so I will try a full format later.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First make sure your sd card is completely unplugged. Boot NintendontUSB from the homebrew channel with ONLY the usb plugged in the back top slot ( and controller in the bottom back slot).

Your directories should be like this:

usb/root/apps/Nintendont/boot.dol
usb/root/games/gameid/game.iso

What about HDDs that use Y-cables? I have to use one since it's USB-only powered. The setup I have works fine for apps like USB Loader GX and CFG USB Loader, but what about Nintendont?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: yassssss i love emerald